Sunday, October 9, 2011

Christmas is just around the corner...Christmas Tree Collage!

Christmas-Tree-collage3

Hello everyone~  Happy Sunday!  With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge and today we have a real easy one!!!  Our hostess this week is the sweet and lovely Linda!  Linda has chosen Mark 10:27  for this week's Scripture.

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. 

Linda's Challenge is Anything Goes!  Now how easy is that!!!

My card is made with the October release from Our Daily Bread designs called Christmas Tree Collage.  It's a real fun stamp to work with... easy to color and very easy to use in a CAS card or a layered up card.... your choice!  I also used the border  stamp from the Porch Set

I used Memento Ink to stamp the image, then colored with Copics, adding glittery hints to the flames with a gold Spica Pen.   The artwork detail in the stamp is all the shading you need!  I used THoltz Distress Ink in Stormy Sky to stamp the border from the Porch Set.  I sponged everything with Antique Linen, then Stormy Sky around the borders, and a little Adirondack Latte to age a bit.  The base is Bazzill, also sponged.  The dp is Websters Pages Botanical Christmas & Winter Fairy Tales Pack. I used Glossy Accents to gloss up the ornaments.   I added a bow of seam binding, a shiny bling star, and two stick pins with beads in the two major tones of the card, and done.  Very quick and easy!


Christams-Tree-Collage.deta

Our Sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp.  
We want to thank them for their continued support of SSIC!
Be sure to check out the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge for the details of the prize as well as to read Linda's devotional!

This weekend, our family including our grandkids are participating in a Re-enactment of the American Revolution period at Williamsburg, VA.  Sorry for the shortness of my post, but it was prescheduled.  I hope to have some pictures to share when I get back!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team for more inspiration:
Chris, Linda Miesje, Rebecca Kris, PeggysueMariLynn,  and Traci

Have a blessed week and thanks so much for stopping by!  Your comments mean so much to me!

28 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful Card!

Miesje said...

I love this - another stamp I have in my cart over at ODBD! Love it!!! The DP is perfect too. Hope you had a good weekend with the family! Have a great week Grace!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Grace!! I just love the green and blue and how you colored the tree. The designer paper is perfect and so beautiful! Absolutely stunning my friend!!
hope you are having a great weekend!!
Miss you!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

What a stunning color combo, just beautiful Grace, especially loving that ribbon and stick pens.
Hugs :)

Lagene said...

Grace, this card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the rich green & rich blue combo! & your glossy ornaments are great!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Grace. One of my favorite color combos again. I really like your seam binding and stick pins. What a perfect fit the star is, go Grace, heehee.

MariLynn said...

Grace this is gorgeous. I love the sheet music behind the tree. I have to tell you that my eye was drawn to the tree on the left with the glowing star at the top. Blessing and hugs!!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS looking X-mas card Grace! Love everything about it :) !!! Hugs ~S~

wannabcre8tive said...

Oh, Grace, this is beautiful. I love green and blue together. I am really liking those new Christmas stamps.

Sillyfilly said...

Grace this is gorgeous! I love this stamp and of course you did it up wonderfully. Lovely lovely card.

Traci M said...

Hi Grace!! You always make your cards sound so easy, but you give each one that special touch with such an artistic eye!! I love this stamp from ODBD, and the beautiful colors you chose!! I wish you a blessed week!

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Grace, this is just gorgeous!!!

Kristine said...

BEAUTIFUL Grace! I just had to click through and check out the new release as I hadn't seen it yet. Seems I don't get much time for anything but the DT's I'm on and what a blessing it must be for you to be designing for such a WONDERFUL company!! I love the new releases so much I'm gonna have to splurge and get on those Christmas cards for this year!! I actually really love the door in this set too! *Ü* Have a wonderful week!

Joanne (jojot) said...

such depth of image throughout the layers....gorgeous

Ida said...

Truly stunning.

velta said...

This is stunning Grace! The ornaments look like you just placed them on the tree! TFS!

kiwimeskreations said...

Awwwwwww Grace this is a stunner - that big stamp is a must have for quick cards!! Love how you have coloured it and made such an elegant card so simply.
Blessings
Maxine

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace,

This is a beauitful card. There is so much to see...I really like the bow with the pins. Your color choices and coloring is so wonderful. I may actually buy some blue glass ornaments for my tree this year. I usually leave them plain...or use clear crystal. I love the dp you chose...that tree on the left is very eye-catching, also. I love the placement of the music and the flourishes...the first word I see is "Lord."

Amazing card. Can't wait to hear about your weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. God Bless!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Bobbi Miller said...

Grace, your card is beautiful...as always. But I have to tell you, the first song on your website today brought me to tears! It's absolutely awesome in every way. Again, you have made me feel so much better, after a long hard day. And the 2nd song, Amazing Grace, has always been one of my favorites. I could just sit here and close my eyes, and listen to this all night. Thanks from the bottom of my heart! Hugs and love ....

Jennipher said...

Wow Grace, you sure do know how to make stamped images look incredible! I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this. I just realized that we are both from NC. How cool is that? Also, thanks for posting the Fibromyalgia ribbon on your blog. I am a sufferer.

Clare Curcio said...

This card is beautiful, Grace! I love the blue!

Merlyn said...

I love the colours and everything in the card :) Blue and green are superb.. Bow with the pins are superb..

Wendy M said...

Absolutely gorgeous Grace xx

P.S. if you email me your email address at wendymmccallum at yahoo dot com, I will send you some 'before' and 'after' pics of the cottage and tell you a faith story re: past couple of months

Wendy M

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Grace. I love the blue and green together. This is really a beautiful Christmas set. Great card.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!! The colors, the trees, the music... it is all wonderful!!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Stunning card, beautifully created!

Nana said...

Que elegante y bella esta esta tarjeta, los colores increhíbles. Te felicito por todos tus trabajos, todos pero absolutamente todos son hermosos con muchos detalles, increhíbles.