Sunday, November 11, 2012

Water Globe Gift Idea for Christmas!


Hello my friends! 

Today I have something different to share with you!  This is a very simple little water globe I made using this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, Turtle Dove Ornament.   I bought this water globe kit from Hobby Lobby.  It has the name of Nicole on the sticker.  Anyway... it's so simple to make a fun gift with it, and very inexpensive too!  There is water on the front and back of a center space designed for a photo, and you can put whatever picture or stamped image in that center area you wish, or in my case, you could put 2 images, so that from both sides there is something pretty to see.  So I stamped my image with Memento and colored with Copics.  The circle outline on the stamp is the absolute perfect fit for the globe, so for the top of this insert, I simply cut out the image on that line.  On the bottom, I cut straight down to the bottom, and then worked it in to the center panel.  There is a template in the kit that you can place over any image and use to cut if you want.  It couldn't be easier!  Just shake it up and enjoy!


Hope you'll give this a try!  Any of this month's ornament sets would be a perfect fit!  Here is what I used:



I am entering this in the following challenges:  2 Sisters - Use your favorite Christmas Stamps, Crazy 4 Challenges - A Card inspired by one of your favourite Carols.One Stop Craft - Anything Goes, Sweet Stampin -  must Stamp - Anything Goes, Corrosive Challenges -  Flutter by (wings), Glitter n Sparkle - Things with Wings, 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,



22 comments:

Carla S. said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous, Grace! What a wonderful project! I am going to check out HL tomorrow! Hope you are doing well! Big hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! What a great project, and a great idea for a special Christmas present. I'm in the process of making an advent box, and this would be a great gift to go in an advent box...I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me, so I hope one of the other craft stores near me have them.

kathi17 said...

This is beautiful Grace. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby near us. It would be really fun to make those as gifts with the ODBD ornaments on one side, and a photo on the other.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is fabulous - no such item in this small town, but I can drool over your beauty.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen W said...

Wow this is awesome, I just ordered this set and can't wait to play

craftygranny said...

Beautiful i love it . Thanks for sharing at Glitternsparkle . Hugs Trisha x

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely gift idea!

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan x

Riet said...

So beautiful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary Ann said...

Wow great idea...Very pretty...

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful image for the globe, love the sparkle in the water!

Brenda (LadyofCards) said...

Grace, this is just stunning. I'm glad I didn't make to HL today, for I would have missed this. Now I can go tomorrow and look for this kit. Hope they have it here.

Thank you, take care.

Hugs 'N Blessings

Andreja said...

Beautiful globe you made; I like the image inside!
Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge, I hope you see the next week, too :-))
Hugs, Andreja

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Oh how fab! Such a great idea and fantastic design. Love it! Very inspiring. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Claire Dale said...

What a fantastic idea! Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week!
Claire xx
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Traci M said...

So beautiful, Grace!! I think I saw these at the craft store and did not snatch one up!! Would make a lovely gift and a way to bring scripture into our homes as well. Hope you are doing well, friend!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so beautifully done.....thanks for playing along with the Crazies this week....

sorry I have been MIA from blogland...just don't seem to have time to do it all, IYKWIM.....however, have stolen a few moments on Pinterest and always enjoy viewing your pins

Kim said...

So fun! Great idea. Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Anonymous said...

beautiful project thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I just love your globe with your stunningly colored doves!! It would make the perfect gift or Christmas decoration!! You are so creative and talented my friend!! Miss talking with you. TTYS!!
hugs,
Chris

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

what a great gift idea i love it thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is fab! Such a lovely idea for a gift. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Linda Palmer said...

This is so beautiful! I love ODB images and this one is colored so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge blog.