Friday, January 25, 2013

A little bit country sneek peek!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps,Chalkboard - Hymns, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I'm popping in with a quick sneak peek at a set to be released Feb 1 by Our Daily Bread designs.  This set is called Chalkboard Hymns.  The set is designed to be a chalkboard stamp, but the possibilities are limitless with how you can use these stamps.  I decided to stamp it with Colorbox Pigment ink and then clear heat emboss it for this card.  I'm sorry the photo isn't great... the highlights of the embossing seem to make some spots seem lighter than others, but I took so many photos and could not fix the problem. Anyhoo... This card is on Groovy Guava base and I used My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose design paper from AC Moore.  I also had a linen tag that I cut down in size and sewed a little mixed stitch around.  I added a little lace, a hand crocheted flower and a Prima wood button.  Very CAS for me, but I like the country feel of it.  I also love this hymn!  While I love the new worship music, I do miss some of the old hymns too!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
 Simply Create Too - Anything Goes, 4 Crafty Chicks -  Buttons, Cards by Lady Anne / Stamp Challenge - anything goes, Crafting for all Seasons -  buttons and bows, Crafts and Me - #117 Vintage, Paper Shelter Challenge -  anything goes, Anything Goes Challenge -  Buttons & Bows, through The Craft Room Door Anything Goes!,
ColourQ - COLOUR CHALLENGE  

Thanks for stopping by.... stay tuned for another awesome release coming soon at ODBD!!!

Blessings,

28 comments:

Jo said...

Very nice. Great colors. Thanks for playing along at TTCRD.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Really love how this one turned out! Hope everyone at your house is doing better! Hugs!

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the canvas and the beutiful dp.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Yes, so country, just love the pocket upside down and the verse is beautful. Great job.

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Beautiful card!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love it! I am from Idaho and it makes me think of country living!

Conniecrafter said...

neat stamp and I just love it against that red and like the stitching you did around the tag, great country feel to it!

Penny said...

Very pretty vintage card! Lvoe the textures, the colors, the papers & your embellies, as well as the design. Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful

Kim said...

This is a beautiful shabby chic card Grace!! I like the pocket and the lace and the beautiful benediction. :>)

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Such a beautiful vintage looking card you have created, love the little flower. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's Challenges

Elizabeth said...

This is lovely, Grace. I like the idea of stamping the image in red. It really makes this card pop!
Hope all is well with you and yours.

Clare said...

Hi, Grace! I hope you and Alan are doing well! I've been praying for his continued comfort and healing.
Your card is very nice! Good choice of cardstock and all. Pretty!

Kara said...

Pretty!! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is stunning - I too love the old hymns... just may be tempted with this release.
Blessings
Maxine

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Mian said...

Such a pretty card with fab details, love the flower!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so bright, cheerful and beautiful!! I love the orange and all the added texture!! Gorgeous my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the new stamp.

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous card, love the fabric it really gives the card texture, stunning. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy x

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking card. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Audrey Hiltke said...

Brace - this is even more beautiful the second time around. Such a beautiful and breathtaking creation.
Love every wonderful detail!
Blessings,
Audrey

Tamie said...

Amazing vintage feel to your card! I love the crocheted flower with the buttons an awesome added texture to your card. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation for us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Lori Turner said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for joining us for our "Button" challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Carly said...

Beautiful! I love the layout and colours. The card is just perfect!

Thank you for sharing this delightful project with us over at Crafting For All Seasons.

xoxoxo Carly

Robyn said...

Too beautiful for words!!

RoseC said...

Grace, your beautifully layered sentiment looks fabulous on this pretty card. Lovin' your use of fabric and crocheted accents too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Grace. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope you'll join our next challenge which begins tomorrow. Carol DT x