Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Merry Christmas in Blue and White!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well! 

To update you a little on my situation... things continue to get more complicated as we go along it seems.  I have seen the Oncologist who upgraded the size of the tumor by double, and doubled the length of time on the 4 drug chemo/biological meds before surgery.  As of now I should be starting chemo in about 2 weeks.  I have many appointments between now and then to see if I am healthy enough for the full on chemo he is recommending.  When all that is back I meet with him again and we start the plan in motion.  I so appreciate all of you who are praying for me and have encouraged me on this journey.  I do know God has a plan for each of us, and that nothing happens to us that hasn't sifted through His loving hands first.  So I continue to pray not only for healing but that He will go before me (as I know He will) and that He will glorify Himself through this.

Today I'm sharing a card I made using some of the Nov. release from Our Daily Bread designs.  For this card I started with a base of Neenah Solar White and matted with Midnight Muse card stock, then another white layer and on the top blue layer I stamped the new Snowflake Border Background stamp in Craft White and heat embossed in white.  I die cut a Beautiful Border to sort of look like icicles. I added a strip of white paper I embossed with a thin Cuttlebug folder, and to that I added the Nov. Small Bow die, some greenery from the Lovely Leaves Dies, and the Windowsill Candles Die, all done in white.  In the center I used the new Merry Christmas Word dies.  It makes a pretty card up in not too terribly much time.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it!

I don't really know how many more cards I will be making in the coming weeks, so if there isn't much activity from me, you'll understand why.  I will try to update you on how it's going as I'm able.  I do cherish your continued prayers. 

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, what a beautiful card, and I love the blue and white. It's stunning as always. Please know that Walt and I are praying for you, Al, and your family, asking for healing and, most importantly, that you would sense God's presence and comfort through all you have to do and go through. We know that He goes before us and that, as you've said, it's all been sifted through His loving and sovereign hands. He cannot love you more and cannot love you less...through it all! With much love and tender hugs, dear friend! And I pray that you will not worry about how many cards or posts you are able to do. We'll all be here for you on your blog...and praying...you are always in our hearts, minds, and prayers!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Praying for you Grace

Gloria Stengel said...

Praying for God's strength to fill you up during this time. I pray you have good days, made better by the ability to craft. I pray for healing and peace for you, and for your family. You will remain in my prayers. Your spirit is so Christ-like, that I know HE will use you during this time to further HIS kingdom. You surly have treasures in Heaven, my friend. God's blessing upon you!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love Navy and white together. I agree with Cheryl. Don't worry about your cards, just take care of you. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Vivian Cunningham said...

Grace, although you don't know me personally, I would like to thank you for all the joy you have given me with scripture and your beautiful art, I will continue to pray for you and hope you will be alright as soon as possible, thank you for all you do...Vivian

kngwd89 said...

You are and will continue to be in my prayers. Vivian said it well when she thanked you for spreading joy (and inspiration) to your fellow crafters through your quotes of scripture and your lovely cards.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

My dear sweet friend, I missed chatting with you this a.m. and I have been thinking about you all day...and praying!! We both God is in control and that He has great plans for you. I for sure will keep praying for you and that God will continue to uphold you during this difficult time. You have been such a blessed friend whom I cherich like family, your faith and love is such an example!! I know God will use you in a mighty way and that He is the ultimate physician. Praying for a miracle!! Love you sweet friend!

Your card is gorgeous!! I just love the blue and white combo and the added bow and foliage. Stunning as always my friend.

Praying tomrrow goes well for you at the doctors!!

hugs,
Chris

Penny Reed said...

Your cards are always so gorgeous and your testimony is beautiful as well. God is never surprised by anything we encounter, so we can trust that He is in control in your body as well as everything else. I will keep you in my prayers. You are a shining light for us all!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace your card is beautiful - love the navy and white together, it is so striking and eye catching.
Praying for you, and wisdom for all the medical team treating you. Your faith in God is inspiring, thank you for being so honest.
Blessings
Maxine

JD/ Jill said...

Another lovely card from you. I like the colors that you used.

I have had a couple of weeks with computer problems...sometimes "IT" just wouldn't let me open anything...comment on anything...So I have missed a lot of your lovely cards and your updates...
Now thanks to my Jim, (and many hours of him trying to figure out what was wrong...smile... I'm back again...

Many prayers being sent you way...