Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Jesus is Born!



Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well! As I post this I am listening to the election results as they come in.  Who knew this election would be so close!  Well... I'm so thankful to know that no matter who wins this election, God is still on His throne, and Jesus is my King!

I am sharing another card made using the new Jesus Loves You Stamp/Die Duo set.  I used last months Holy Night Die to cut my focal image from brushed gold card stock.  I cut the word Jesus from the same paper, as well as a mat which I cut with the outer border die from the Snowflake Sky Die set.  I used several cuts using the Leafy Edged Border dies to create my "hills".  I sponged them lightly with Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink and adhered together. I added the hills to my background which I had sponged with distress ink in stormy sky.  I positioned my Holy Night die as well as the Jesus word die cut and adhered.  I heat embossed the "Is Born" sentiment in gold and cut with the Log Cabin Quilt Dies.  I created a pop up frame for my focal point by cutting and layering three die cuts made using a Pierced Rectangle and Rectangle die and passed through the die cut machine together. I used foam tape to pop up the layers.  To make the star pop a little more, I cut another star from the Holy Night die set from silver glitter  paper and adhered over the brushed gold one.  

This was a simple card and wouldn't be too hard to do in mass, though the added frame layers might be left off if doing a mass production.  I hope you enjoyed my sample today, and thanks so much for stopping to look!

Hopefully next week I will have good news to share.  I had my first chest CT scan yesterday and should get those results next Monday.  I have also finished up my last infusion as of last Tues.!!!  I am having some issues with where my lymph nodes were removed but hopefully with time that will improve.  I have learned that I can't do as much with that arm as I used to do as it seems to mess up the drainage of lymph or something.  It just gets very sore and swells some.  But it's ok!  I'm just thankful to be getting to the end of a LONG year of treatment, and praying there won't be need for any more .... ever!  So... hopefully next week I will have good news to share on the CT Scan!

Praying for so many right now.... and thanking you for all your prayers for me!!! 

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, what a gorgeous card! What a beautiful nativity silhouette against the gorgeous sky! Well, the results are in, and we now have a new President-Elect. Now we continue to pray for our country...that we may unify and that we, as believers, will shine our light graciously to those who are hurting due to the results that did not go their way. We know that God's will and purpose is always accomplished. Last...but not least...I praise God that you had your first chest CAT scan and am eager to learn the results. Praise God that the infusions are no longer. I will be praying that you will be more comfortable and gain better use of your arm. I remember how difficult it was for my MIL, but I trust that the drainage will ease. Praising God for what He has done over the last year, and I know it has been such a difficult one. I am so thankful and proud of the way you've shined for Him...through it all. Tender hugs and love, precious friend! xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace what a wonderful card - love all the layers and texture and the elegant colour palette you have used.
Do pray that the CT scan is all clear for you - we are now dealing with the fact that not only has DH had a cancer diagnosis of late, but also that it is "palliative treatment only"... not the nicest of news, but we can see that God has gone ahead of this and bought our family nearer to us, and in various other things too.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful framing of the card, like how you highlighted the center of the background and how you did the hills.
Praying you get good results next Monday and your swelling goes down and that the next year ahead will bring many blessings your way!