Saturday, April 8, 2017

There's Nothing Like a Flower.... or a kitten!


Hello friends!   Don't you just love spring?  As the cold days fade away, everything begins it's cycle of new life!  The grass is getting green, flowers are blooming, birds are busily building nests and the song birds are singing away!  I just love these kind of days!  

Perhaps a little of that inspired my card today using the new April release from Our Daily Bread Designs.  My images (from the Lovely Flower set) are stamped with VersaMark on five vanilla card stock panels, which were cut with the Fancy Fan Die, and then I heat embossed the images with gold.  I arranged the fan and adhered it to a background made from die cutting a vanilla` panel with the Lattice Background Die. I matted that on to a top folded vanilla A2 card.  I created the rose using the new Rose Dies, and the Rose Leaves Dies.    I sponged pink on the edges and soft yellow in the center of my rose petals and used my large ball embossing stylus to create the petal shapes.  I curled them around my piercing tool and glued them together to create my rose.  I added some little crystal flakes  to give a little shimmer to my petals.  I sponged some green on to my leaves and the flourish from the Fancy Foliage Die set, and tucked in a tiny gold cord bow.  I love the softness of how this came out.  I was trying for a Victorian looking fan and the rose just had to go with it.  I left it without a sentiment for now as I'm not sure yet how I will use this.  It is very versatile and could be used for many occasions I think.

So that's it for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I have been having fun playing with my new kitten.  Sadly, we lost Ricky, our almost 14 year old cat on Jan. 31 to cancer,  and I have missed him so much!  We found a litter of Ragdoll kittens and I was totally hooked!  Here is my new little kitty.  We were told he was a she, and named her Annie, but when I took him to the vet, I found out otherwise!  I think we will name him Andy, but still not sure!  He is adorable, very loving, but very mischievious and a real rascal with a ton of personality!  What boy's names do you think of when you see this sweet face?

Or perhaps this one... which shows a bit of his personality... he's about to pounce!
Or this one... in his favorite sleeping place
Leave me a comment with your suggestion for a boy's name!  I can't wait to see your ideas!

Blessings,

8 comments:

Jme said...

Cute kitten! I think he looks like a Max. :)

Unknown said...

Grayson or Greyson would be a good name for him.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Grace - it is amazing - love the delicate rose!!
Tinker for that wee boy??
Blessings
Maxine

lorrayneingram said...

He is a cutie, he will be great company. I am sorry to hear about losing your Ricky. I hope you are doing well too. Hosanna Blessed Be the Name of the Lord!

Penny Reed said...

I always love your cards and your sweet spirit. It's always hard to lose our beloved pets, but how fun to have a new fun one to love. I think you should name him "Frankie" for Ol' Blue Eyes - Frank Sinatra! He has the most beautiful blue eyes! And like Frank, up to no good!

God bless you and I hope your health has returned 100%.

Penny Reed

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a gorgeous card and stunning flower you've made! I love it and love the beautiful embossing. Yes, it's always so hard when a beloved pet leaves, but God has blessed you with this precious little one on whom you can shower love...and with whom you can cuddle. He looks so sweet, and you know I've added my suggestion on FB...similar to one above me. No matter what, you and he will have lots of fun and loving together! Hugs and love, precious friend! xoxo

Dottie said...

Hi Grace:
what a sweetheart you have the best in cats Gray cats are so loving.
ours was named Charlie, wanted him to feel like he was family not a wimpy nothing. we had charlie for almost 19 years he was the best. and we still miss him.

I'm still in recovery for another 9 more months till I'm healed. Joe has been amazing he is taking such great care of me and our home. He is even cooking that alone is a miracle.LOL Hope everyone is doing well.

Hope you have a Blessed Easter we are doing a BBQ with our Jodee,& her family and a friend that lost his wife.

Hope to hear back.
love and hugs
Dottie

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! Your kitty is adorable...so sorry for your loss of Ricky! And yes, they are like family...