Sunday, July 9, 2017

Hello!


Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Lord's day!  It's a beautiful day here in NC!  

Today I have another card to share using the July ODBD release.  It's pretty CAS for me but I actually like how it came out.


So I thought I'd catch you up on what's going on in my life, as many have asked.  I am doing pretty well, though I am having lots of pain issues, which presumably are from the medication I am on, and perhaps some from just being out of shape and old.  :(   I have been cleared to go until Nov. without seeing my Oncologist unless I develop symptoms.  The frustrating part of that is... what are symptoms?  If I called him every time I have a new pain he would be my personal Dr. and have no time for anyone else!  So... I wait and pray.

On another front, my hubby has been having some concerning symptoms where he feels like he is passing out, and sometimes does go to the ground, though he has not totally lost consciousness.   So he has been undergoing multiple tests, including a 30 day heart monitor.  The stress test did show a problem and the Cardiologist gave him some meds to stabilize his heart rate and make it beat more efficiently, and there is a procedure he will need to have done when the Dr can figure out which one of three possible  causes  is the reason for his symptoms.  He officially retired on June 2 and we haven't hardly had time to realize it, having lots of family here for 11 days, and with Alan having these tests.  It's been a busy time, but it was so special to spend this time with family from CA whom we don't get to see very often!   Our goals for the next few  months are to get our house ready to list, and get it on the market.  We have purchased land in TN near to our daughter and her family and look forward to building a retirement house there whenever the timing is right.  We have been traveling up there nearly weekly trying to tend to things there, and can't wait for this next adventure to begin! 

So as you can see.... there's no lack of excitement here!  But we are praising the Lord for His hand of protection upon us and continue to seek His leading in all these things.  We continue to thank you for your prayers.... they mean so much.... and we do covet them!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Grace

6 comments:

Jerri Jimenez said...

Oh, Grace, I love this! How fun and tropical . . . Reminds me of my hibiscus at the beach . . . A fabulous summer card!

CherylQuilts said...

What a stunning CAS card, Grace, and I love it! Your flowers are so beautifully colored, and I love the DP wit the "hello" die. Thanks for the update on both you and Alan, and you both continue to be in our prayers. We praise God for all He has done in your lives this past year plus and know that He will continue to uphold you through this next new journey and step in your life. It's a big one, but I praise God for His wisdom and guidance, which I know you both seek. Hugs and love! xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Grace - I love the simplicity of it, but for all that it is beautifully elegant too!
Thank you for sharing an update - life gets a bit fraught as we get older, I have discovered :-(. But with God beside us we can face each day with the certainty of His love and safekeeping.
Blessings
Maxine

lorrayneingram said...

You always make such beautiful cards. Praying for your health and Alan's too. It is a lot of work to get your home ready to move. Praying for strength and God's timing for your move. Tennessee has some pretty land. My good friends just moved back from there to be closer to family when her husband retired.

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is lovely! I purchased that word die at the ODBD booth and you reminding me that I need to get it out and use it.

Thank you for the update...Jim and I were wondering how you were doing...We have been keeping you in our prayers and now we will add your hubby. Please take care and God Bless...Jill

Irish Cherokee said...

It is nice to see you are mending. You have been in daily prayer. Alan will be added to my list. It is a never ending list so once on it the prayer will be until there is no breath left. Jill told me you left a post. I had to stop by and read it.

It has been a year since my near fatal accident. Keep me in your thoughts as I am still healing too.

Love, Hugs, Blessings,
Jim