Sunday, November 28, 2010

Victorian Framed Encouragement

victorain-framed-grace

Happy Sunday! I hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful holiday, and lots of time to thank the Lord for His many blessings! Today we have a new Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge for you. Lisa is this week's hostess and she has chosen Philippians 4: 13 for this week's Scripture:

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

The challenge is to make a card/project of encouragement or congratulations.

I love this verse and remind myself of it often. In our own power and strength, we can do nothing, but when we are yielded to His will in our lives, `He gives us just what we need when we need it! Have you ever been through a terribly difficult time and thought you just couldn't make it through? But then, from somewhere, you got the strength to go on and looking back on it you realize that that strength was straight from God! I chose this sentiment from Our Daily Bread designs Grow in Grace, because it goes hand in hand with our theme this week. Whether you need encouragement to just keep moving on one step at a time, or whether you stand on the edge of a big leap of faith... He promises to give you the grace you need when you need it! In myself I can do nothing, but in Christ, I can do whatever He wants me to do!

The frame I used is from Layers of Color, and is the Victorian Frame cling art stamp. I just love this frame and how perfectly it fits the Spellbinders Labels 14. I love how it frames the sentiment from Our Daily Bread designs. I wanted a soft feminine feel to this, so I lightly chalked the frame and matted it on some pretty soft Websters pages and lace. I added Prima flowers and butterfly and punched some leaves from the Prima packaging. It was a super quick card as I had very little time to create this weekend!
Our Sponsor this week is Score Pal ! We want to thank them for their generous donation and support of Stampin Sisters in Christ! Be sure to check the SSIC blog for all the prize details!

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue , Randi, Meisje, Rebecca, Lisa, Patti

For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Craft Your Days Away (2 weeks) - texture
Marks Finest Paper - add a bow
Delightful Challenges - flower power
Hodge Podge Shop (2 weeks) - anything goes
CCEE Stampers - lace
Inktegrity - anything goes
Ginergersnap Creations - vintage hues
Artful Inkables (2 weeks) - die cuts and punches


Thanks for stopping and I love knowing you were here! Have a blessed week!

23 comments:

Wendy M said...

Stunning and your post is sooooooooo true

Wendy

Karen W said...

Just gorgeous!!!

Clare Lloyd said...

such a lovely elegant card. Thanks for joining us @CYDA this week. Good Luck. (GD)x

Becky said...

Grace this is gorgeous! I just love this frame and those gorgeous flowers.
hugs :)

Miesje said...

Another beauty. You are so incredibly talented in adding details to cards - they are all so wonderfully designed. Have a great week Grace!

Sarah said...

What a stunning card Grace, I love the colours and layout. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Texture challenge, good luck xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful vintage card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, so elegant. Thanks so much for joining us at CYDA this time.
Donna x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace~

You certainly achieved your goal of making a lovely, vintage, feminine card! The frame is wonderful, and your use of the flowers and lace and the butterfly are amazing! I love this sentiment! It is so true, and it is such a wonderful reminder to me!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Join the Fund Raiser for the American Cancer Society!
Only 39 more card sets needed before December 2nd!
Please go to the He IS Able Blog for Details!
http://He-Is-Able.blogspot.com

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Grace!! I just love the verse you chose, the color combo and the elegant design with the nestabilities and flowers. Knew you would get to it....
hugs,
Chris

TTYT!

Doreen said...

This is simply stunning I love all the texture.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

velta said...

Thank you Grace...If you only knew how I needed to see that verse right now...Love your style :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is wonderful - love the colours and that quote is so true, as are your comments.
Blessings
Maxine

redwasher1 said...

Grase, your card is absolutely divine!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

This is such a beautiful card, Grace!...stunning really. I love everything about it, the verse, the colors, the layers, the frame, the embellishments and papers, gorgeous work, Grace! It's a perfect way to visualize this marvelous scripture! Praise GOD for His faithfulness!

Sales on this stamp set went up, I'm sure your card helped! Thank you, Grace!

Lorraine said...

WOW WOW WOW this is so elegant and beautiful I would like to thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog on my pram project and if you would like i could send you a copy of the pattern my email is on my blog i will be more than happy to send it out
much love
Lorraine xx

Janine Rachau said...

When you visit my blog, I always feel like I have been touched by a very special person! Your heart shows through your work and God has blessed you with wonderful talent. I sense that you are in His favor. Thanks for taking the time to encourage me.

Your card is beautiful, as always,in presentation and sentiment. The Victorian frame is gorgeous and I love how you featured it!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this card is beautiful! I love that image and the gorgeous colours combined with the stunning DP and then the sentiment - you cannot go wrong! You are always so inspirational! Thansk you for sharing! {{{HUGS}}}

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely lovely ... love those pretty blooms ... thanks for joining the Fashion-themed fun at Gingersnap Creations.

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Wow, Grace, what a beautiful card. Fantastic!!
Thanks for joining DC.

Rosalien

Joanne (jojot) said...

Grace, this is so gorgeous...that frame is fantastic and all the choices and layers are beautiful....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

penny4thoughts said...

Your cards are really beautiful - the colors of this one especially! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)