Sunday, November 14, 2010

CAS and More is More Challenge

Peace-on-Earth-less

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge! I am the hostess today so my full devotional is on the challenge blog. I hope you'll read it there!
The Scripture for today's challenge is from John 3:30.

"He must increase, but I must decrease".

The challenge this week is one with choices:
1. Make a Clean and Simple card, representing "you" DECREASING.
2. Make a More is More card, representing "Him" INCREASING in your life
3. Show a Simple version of a card and then show us the More is More version.


As you can see, I did the third option. I started with this great dp from K&Co (Glad Tidings) and made a single layer card, adding only a tag from this month's Our Daily Bread designs release, Holly Tag set and the matching Tag Die. I colored the tag image with Prisma Pencils and blended with odor free mineral spirits and blending stumps. I tied a bit of SU! Grossgrain ribbon onto the tag and called it done. I think it is about the first single layer card I have made! LOL!

Peace-on-Earth-More-side

For my more is more version, I started with the same DP and stamp and die, colored just the same, attached the same ribbon, but I cut the dp to be larger and matted with Recollections brushed gold and put them on a base of Cranberry Crisp (SU! retired). I rounded the corners, hand ruffled some May Arts wrinkled ribbon in gold, and added some Prima Poinsettias and pearls. I also matted the tag on Cranberry Crisp.


Peace-on-Earth-set

My question for you is.... which one do you like better? I really am interested in knowing so if you'd leave a comment telling me which one you prefer I'd so appreciate it!

If we were to apply the Scripture and the devotional thoughts I focused on... ideally we'd have both present in our life. We would willingly offer up some of our so called "rights" and desires, in order to please Him with our lives... doing whatever it is that He has called us to do. We'd be more CAS while He would be MORE, much more in our hearts! I hope you enjoyed today's devotional and enjoy this week's challenge! It's a little "different" but I hope it invokes some thought while providing some fun!


Our Sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp! We want to thank them for their continued support of Stampin Sisters in Christ! Check out their store for the best selection of stamps!

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:

Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Randi, Meisje, Rebecca, Lisa, Patti

For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with! If you do both versions, you only need to show one in Mr Linky.... we'll see them both when we visit!

I am submitting to the following challenges:
Whoopsi Daisy - It's Christmas
Little Paper Shop - Color challenge (red, green, orange- bird has orange on him)
Stamp & Create - Tis the Season
ABC Challenge H is for Holidays
Stampavie - Use a Tag on your project
Cute card Thursday - Anything Goes
Dutch Dare - CAS (card #1)
Lili of the Valley - Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas
Ai Factory- Use a die or punch
Just add Ink - Just add Christmas
I did it creations - Traditional Christmas Colors
Gingerloft - The great outdoors
Sassy Studio - Anything Goes
Elephantastic - I chose Christmas theme
Bee Crafty - Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - Traditional Christmas Colors
Fairytale challenge - Everything Goes


Have a blessed week!

34 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful verse and challenge, Grace! As you know I have been thinking about this very thing. Thanks for helping us all reflect.

Your cards are gorgeous!! Beautiful examples of each my friend. Love your choice of papers and your designs. You rocked the more and the less. Gorgeous my talented friend.
hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

Grace this is just amazing! I loved the challenge - sorry I could not squeeze in time to make a second! Your card(s) are wonderful and the post is just perfect! Have a wonderful week!

Becky said...

Good morning my sister; love the verse this morning with your devotional. These are gorgeous Grace, I love the smaller version,love the design of the bottom of card. hugs :)

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Grace,I love the images and the tags.
So beautiful papers and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.x

peggysue said...

Hey there sister, what a stirring post you wrote up for this week! I so appreciated your words, so true! You've given many much food for thought and it will reap a harvest, I am convinced! Have a blessed week!

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you Grace for a great devotion this morning - a great start to the week for me :-) and challenging in itself.

Both cards are beautiful in their own right - normally I am a CAS type of person but I really love your 'more' version this week. You do the most amazing work :-).
Blessings

BA said...

wonderful card
thanks for joining us at SAM
xxoox BA

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

These are both adorable! Personally I like the 2nd one with the more embellishments over the other one but if I was the recipient I would be delighted to receive either lol Great job and I love that tag! Good luck on the challenges and thanks for playing along with us at the Gingerloft Challenge and we hope to see you there again next fortnight. The Navy Wife

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so very beautiful in both of your versions! I love the simplicity of your first card and I love how you "took it up a notch" in the second card. Both are wonderful and show the talent God has given you! Thank you for playing with us at AiFactory this week. I also want to say thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations this week!
Hugs,
Georgia
DT for IDIC and AiF

Gale said...

Beautiful. I personally like the 'more' card. Maybe because I have so much trouble doing CAS cards! LOL. Thanks for playing along with Gingerloft Challenges.
:) Gale

Dawn B. said...

How can you ever pick a favorite.. They are both beautiful.. I love the ribbon you used on your more card. This is a wonderful challenge Grace. Great job..:) hugs back.

Pati said...

I like them both but I'm leaning toward the simple version or somewhere between. The tag is very pretty and is wonderful with that dp! Beautiful! : )

Mickie said...

Hello dear Grace. Thanks for your devotional, so inspiring. I like both cards but lean more to the second as more is always better in my book. God Bless!

Lynn said...

Oh what a beautiful card and tag, and the scene is so perfect for Christmas..
Thanks so much for joining us here at Gingerloft Challenges.
Hope to see you next time xx

Jeanette said...

Simple and elegant, truly beautiful. The embellished card is lovely, too. Both are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both are fab hun, but the 2nd one is my fav, I have soooooooo many problems doing C&S I always need to add something else lol
Thank you for joining us at Gingerloft this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

Purple Crazy said...

What gorgeous cards, very classy. Thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this week xx

Michelle said...

Your cards are both gorgeous and what a great idea to have them both, the flowers and gems on the second along with the ribbon look wonderful!Thanks for taking part in this fortnights Ellephantastic challenge.
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Sara said...

Oh those are beautiful! The second one if my fave though. Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Gem said...

really gorgeous christmas card! Thanks for taking the time to join in with our challenge this week at I Did it Creations! Hope to see you again next time! Gemma :)

theneon said...

Grace -- such a clever and inspirational challenge. Your less and more are just the best and really exemplifies God's increase!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

I think you know that I love all of your different styles of art. In this case, I am really drawn to the CAS card first. I love the actual shape of the card, the bottom of it reminds me of the water of the ocean coming up on the land and going back in! I see Him so clearly in the ocean!

Both of these are gorgeous!

He IS Able!
He IS My All in ALL!

Traci S.

Velta said...

Girl you are killing me...I just love what you have done with these tags...I want them sooo bad! Think of what a great gift to give for Christmas...you know, about 25 tags wrapped in a darling little sleigh (like I did on my blog today). Thanks for the inspiration!

Marcy said...

Both cards are beautiful...but the one with the extra embellishments is just stunning!!! Thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft Challenge! Marcy DT

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful Bible Verse Grace!!! I enjoyed reading it and your card is simply beautiful too!!! Hugs ~S~

Victoria said...

fantastic card

Vicky (entry 88 - Totally gorjuss)

thank you also for joining us on abc this challenge

Vanja said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the tags.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges. :)

hugs, Vanjas

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - what a fabulous challenge and message you have shared this week! Your cards are just the 'icing on the cake' they are beautiful - you know the MIM one is the one that draws my eye - I adore that ribbon - it is divine! Thanks for you all of the inspiration you bring us Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Michelle Singer said...

Stunning card. I love the tag. Thank you so much for taking to time to enter it in our challenge. I hope to see you enter our next challenge at DDCC.
Hugz xxx
Michelle

Marcea said...

What a gorgeous card
Thanks for joining us on LOTV - hope you enjoyed the hop!!
-x-

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabulous traditional cards - thanks for joining us at IDIC this wekk
Hugs,
Debbie x

Helen Laurence said...

Gorgeous cards Grace thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic. Best of luck. Hugs x

Brenda Dean said...

Love both cards but I have to admit that I like the clean, simpler one better. Great work!

Betty Wright said...

Beautifu, Grace! The colors and patterns are fabulous! Wonderful Christmas cards!