Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Gift Set for a friend, SSIC Challenge & LOC

Birthday-Gift-Set

With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! I really had fun with this one! Our hostess this week is the sweet and talented Peggysue. The Scripture she chose is Exodus 8:9-11

9 Moses said to Pharaoh, “I leave to you the honor of setting the time for me to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile.”

10 “Tomorrow,” Pharaoh said.

Moses replied, “It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God. 11 The frogs will leave you and your houses, your officials and your people; they will remain only in the Nile.”

Peggysue's challenge is to use green on your card or project.

Today I am sharing a gift set I made for a friend for her birthday. She has had a stressful last few months and I wanted to give her what has become my most favorite of all bath products... the Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Aromatherapy line. I wanted to package them in some way that would be pretty and unique. I bought a template from My Time Made Easy for this box. It is about half this size, so I had to do a LOT of altering. After I got the container constructed, I decided that with the weight of these bottles, I needed to line it with a heavy cardboard liner for support.

birthday-gift-set-inside-bo

So I made the liner, and covered it with the same card stock I used for my container, which is Bazzill Safari. I also layered with this gorgeous Graphic 45 designer paper. I then decided to make more vintage looking labels for the lotion and body wash. I had this vintage label saved in a sheet of about twelve on my computer. I cut it out of the sheet and added the text, adjusted the size and printed out. I hand cut the label but decided I wanted a bit more color for my set, so I added this yummy peachy Graphic 45 designer paper. I cut a large rectangle and adhered the label to each, then adhered the whole thing to each bottle.

birthday-gift-set-open

The bar of soap is wrapped in the same papers and has a belly band added with the designer paper. I hand made the flowers with my Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge and cream card stock. I touched the edges with Distress Ink in vintage rose.

Birthday-gift-set-tag-flora

I stamped the Layers of Color Butterflies from the Butterfly Collector clear art stamp set directly on the peach patterned paper with Our Daily Bread designs Olive Ink and hand cut. I used various punches for my circles and leaves, added veining and sponging, and a touch of olive tulle, and adhered it all on. The tag is also Graphic 45. I tied it on with twine.

Birthday-gift-set-butterfly

To give it to her I cut the largest circle from my Spellbinders Grand Circles Dies, and cut out first a piece of stiff cardboard and then a piece of coordinating dp to cover it. Using the Grand Caliber machine made the cardboard a snap to cut and was wide enough to handle it. I used a clear gift bag designed for a plate of goodies, gathered it up and tied it at the top, adding more tulle and peach seam binding.

Birthday-gift-set-wrapped

I love how it came out and I hope my friend does too! It was labor intensive, but for that special gift... well worth it!

Our Sponsor this week is Doodle Pantry!
The prize is a $10.00 gift certificate to the store!
We want to thank them for their generosity!


To read the devotional thoughts and full details on the challenge and prize please visit the
For more inspiration on this challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Patti, Randi (on leave)

I am entering this in the following challenges: A Day for Daisies - very vintage
Card Makin' Mamas - happy birthday - this was made for a friend's birthday
Fashionista Friday - birthday
Res-Q-Challenge - make a card including something that makes you happy-my fave bath products!
Stampin With The Dragon - birthdays Tellen's Place - birthdays C.R.A.F.T. - not a card Digi Doodle Shop's Best - anything goes Lili of the Valley - use your favourite colours Meljens Designs - happy birthday Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes Shelly's Images - show us what you got/anything goes Stamp Insanity - anything but a card Karber Monthly - use a digital stamp & love & friendship (Label is digi) ABC Challenge - "O" is for old-fashioned Creative Card Crew - friendship For Fun Challenges - happy birthday Forgotten Scraps -Spring or flowers Simon Says Stamp - make your own embellishment (flowers are handmade)
A Spoonful Of Sugar - Anything but a card

Thanks so much for looking!

56 comments:

Vicki said...

Grace, this is stunning! What an awesome gift! You are truly an inspiration! Blessings to you!

Becky said...

Grace, this is stunning! I love the colors and design of this paper. such a wonderful gift.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beyond stunning my friend. You know I just love every detail!! Your use of the template, your color, your flowers, the works is over the top gf!!
hugs,
Chris

Always with a Sentiment said...

Wow Grace. What a beautiful creation and a fabulous gift too. Beautiful papers and colours. Its amazing. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

Carla S. said...

What a stunning gift set, Grace! Every detail is just gorgeous! Wonderful colors, papers and lovely handmade flower! An amazing project!

Cards By MI said...

Wonderful project! Perfect for a birthday celebration! Lovely gift set. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Miesje said...

WOW - this is so incredible! That would take me oh, about a week to make. It is so beautiful and I know your friend will appreciate all the time and love that went into it.

Tara Godfrey said...

Absolutely stunning, Grace! WOW! I love everything about this gorgeous gift set. The labels you printed are fabulous and I love the green and peach colour combo...the flowers are just so scrumptious too! STUNNING! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Elizabeth said...

Gace, this is gorgeous!! This friend is very blessed to have all the love you putinto this.

Gabbi said...

Omg! This gift set is so beautiful. How very creative. I love the colors and how you created the labels. Thank you for sharing it with us at stampinsanity this week. Good luck!

Shelley said...

Awesome! Your friend will love this beautiful gift.

Unknown said...

Stunning i'm sure your friend will treasure it.Thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge.

Kerry

Dotty Jo said...

Totally stunning - your friend will love it, and will really appreciate all the love and effort that went into making this gorgeous gift set! Jo x

may-chu said...

that's amazing! such a pretty project, your friend will absolutely love it!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift set! I would want to just look at it for a long time and not open it. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at Shelly's Images. I hope you will join us again soon!

Shazza said...

this is so beautiful, what a gorgeous gift to give. I think I need to look for some of these products too x

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty thanks for sharing!!!

Denise said...

Fabulous! Love the elegant DP! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Do What You Love said...

Grace, what a stunning project. The papers are so elegant and I love the butterfly and flowers - a perfect gift! Thanks for joining us this week at Tellen's Place for our "Birthday" challenge. :~)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift. Great choice of colors. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Lori said...

Beyond beautiful, Grace. Your friend will love it, so much went into this amazing gift. The colors are so spectacular together, very relaxing. You are such a professional!

Cecelia said...

Absolutley stunning! I love the colors and the butterfly is beautiful! Great gift for someone special!

Hugs x
Cecelia B

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Oooohhh woooow!!!! Fantastic creations! Love the colours, papers, the design.... well everything!!!!

Hugs...Mona

Elaine M said...

How wonderful!! I know she'll love it! Would you consider showing how you enlarged the container?????

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Wow, what a fabulous gift. I'm sure your friend was over the moon knowing you had created just for her.
It looks stunning. The use of the peach with the green is a great combo. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Tellen's Place this week and do hope to see you back again.

Patti J said...

Wowzers - fabulous creation, Grace! Your friend will be so delighted to receive this gift! Beautifully done, dear friend! Hugs...

Bobbi Miller said...

Absolutely stunning, Grace! You are truly a gifted soul. Your friend is very lucky, indeed. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Grace,t his is stunning...absolutely breathtaking to be honest!! Your friend will love it. Such a great and thoughtful gift. Love the way your roses turned out. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Such a lucky friend to receive this fantastic gift set. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey this week.

Unknown said...

What lovely color combination and beautiful paper! You have inspired me with your creation.

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Beautiful thank you for joining us here at the Stampin with the Dragon Challenge Blog.

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

Agnieszka M said...

Wow,
Your project is stunning! I love your design (details, flowers, volours, are great!)
Thanks for joining us at CCC this friendship challenge and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Traci M said...

Grace, what a gorgeous gift set this is!! So much time, talent, and detail is obvious...I am sure your friend will love this!! That is one of my favorites of B&B Works also!! Thank for sharing your heart!

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous creation and love how pretty it is too, thank you for sharing with us at Stampin with the Dragon
Hugs Kate xx

Meera said...

Oh wow what a wonderful project.

Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun.

x Meera x

Beth said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This might be the most beautiful handmade packaging I have ever seen! WOW! I'm speechless - beautiful work! Thank you SO much for sharing this with us at StampInsanity!!

Kristine said...

Thanks Grace!! So good to hear from you =) Your gift set is AMAZING!! Such an eye catcher, really! LOve that box template and you did a fabby job with the LOC stamps too! Lucky recipient!!

I made a card today for the SSIC challenge this week, but will have to wait til Thurs. to post. =) Miss ya! Hope you're having a wonderful week?

mueppi said...

What a beautiful gift set, Grace!
I love the papers and colcours!
Hugs Gisela

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby

perennial-mommy said...

Ms. Grace, this gift set is a work of art! Everything is done so beautifully. The colors are lovely together. Thank you for your hard work on this and for sharing it with us!

Tanja E. said...

So beautiful!

Lori m said...

Grace,

What a beautiful presentation and lovely gift your friend will so appreciate this.

Sorry I'm behind on comments I'm still limited to sitting for now.

Blessings, Lori m

KarenB said...

Absolutely stunning. I'm sure your friend will notice how lovingly you created her gift :)

Dawn B. said...

This is even better in REAL life.. I have it sitting on my vanity table in my bathroom..Such a thoughtful gift. I have found a new favorite. Thanks so much for making my day special..Hugs.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Just dropping by to check out your great project! Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Joynana said...

Wow, this is such a special gift. Anyone one would be proud to receive this. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place

Unknown said...

Where is a magazine cover when you need one??? Oh my word, this gift set and then the cake slice above, I don't know if you'd call it paper crafting at this point as much as paper art! Lovely job and what an eye catcher for this week's challenge.

Wordbird said...

Grace, this is one of the most beautiful gift sets I've ever laid my eyes on. Color, demension... just a feast for the eyes! ;D

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Grace - it seems like evryone in Blogville and I are agreed - this is stunning! You have certainly created the most amazing project - this could be marketed in a very upline Boutique! Total gorgeousness Grace! Love it - thank you for the creative mindblowing! LOL! {{{hugs}}}

Rushd Lady said...

Wow! What a sophisticated gift! Lucky gal! I was thinking of Ann Griffith when I saw it! You did good! :)

Cat said...

What a gorgeous project, Grace! It's just stunning and looks like it should be in some high end gift shop!

lesleyworth said...

absolutely stunning gift set! beautiful colors, so elegant! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Traci S. said...

HI Grace,

You are such a loving and generous person to make such a beautiful gift for a friend. It is amazing looking...I know I would never take that flower off the box! I would slide the soap out and reuse it for something for sure! It is gorgeous! You did an amazing job making the shape to hold everything, and I love the lining paper you used!

You are someone special, Grace!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Carolynne said...

Beautiful,thanks for joining us at Stampin with the dragon

xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Stunning project!! Love all the detail that you've put into is and the soothing colors are beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas and Meljen's Designs on our Birthday Challenges! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

gift delivery Philippines said...

This gift looks really amazing on its own creative way I agree that it was very stunning project. Will certainly visit your site more often now.

toni