Sunday, February 13, 2011

KISS card... Keep It Simple Sister - single layer!

SSIC-Single-Layer-Challenge

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! This week our hostess is Patti! She has chosen Hebrews 13:5 for today's Scripture:
"Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

Patti's Challenge:

Since it is Valentine's Week, let's make a KISS Card (Keep it simple, Sisters!) - One layer card.

Ai yi yi!!!! This was REALLY a challenge for me! Single layers and I don't really get along! I did have fun however playing with a stamp set my hubby gave me for Christmas that I haven't had time to ink up until now. It is from Heartfelt Creations and is called Clematis/Cottage Pre-Cut Set (HCPC572). I have a love for everything Chickadee, so I have many items in my home that are Chickadee themed, and I love stamps of Chickadees! My sister has also fallen in love with them so we tend to give each other these kind of things! Anyhoo... this card came only after about 3 others hit the round file on the floor. I so wanted to layer and I found doing a single layer ANYTHING but simple! LOL! In the end, I do like how it came out, but I did have to add a few embellishments to be happy with it. I used Gina K Pure Luxury card stock, colored the image with copics and ran the front of the card through the Big Shot with this bird and leaves embossing folder from Sizzix (I don't know the name of it). I colored the background with B0000 and then blended it out to almost nothing with the blender pen. Because I used this photo inspiration from

Happily Scrappin, I wanted to keep my birdhouse in a white washed look. I just lightly added a touch of blue-green and some warm gray to it but left most of it white. I used Spica glitter pens on the Clematis, though you can't see that. The ribbon is May Arts Silk, the Tulle is from my stash, and the Wild Asparagas flowers are a gift from Melisa! Thanks sweetie!

Today's verse is a great one. God wants us to be satisfied with Him... He wants to be the object of our greatest affection. He is our All Sufficient One, and because we know He will never leave us or forsake us, we can be completely filled with joy from that knowledge, and don't need to fill our lives with all the "things" that take our hearts away from Him. Sadly, often times, the love of money and things go hand in hand with an attitude of never being satisfied. There's always more to want... always more to strive for. God wants us to be satisfied with all we have in Him, because He is far greater than any "thing" this life has to offer. It comes down to priorities... when He is our All Sufficient One... everything else pales by comparison.

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp. The prize is

You=Cherry on my Sundae set
How fun! Wish I could play!!!
We want to thank Simon Says Stamp for their continued support! For the most complete offering of stamps, please visit their store!


To read the devotional thoughts and full details on the challenge and prize please visit the
For more inspiration on this challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Patti, Randi (on leave)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Less Is More - One layer
Little Claire's Anything Goes
Secret Crafter - Stamped Flower
Mami Doodles – flower card
Phindy’s Place - Spring is on its way
Totally Papercrafts - clean & simple
Off the Wall Craftiness - picture inspiration
CCEE Stampers - dry embossing
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - nature
Create with Connie & Mary - COLOUR (red, pink, blue, green)


Thanks so much for visiting! Have a blessed week!

50 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous Grace!! I just love your coloring of this gorgeous image and the embossing and added flowers!! I enjoyed reading your feelings and words on the verse. So true.

Well off to bed I go after church. I am exhausted. I was up all night with Nicki...

TTYS!
Have a great Sunday!
hugs,
Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - you are so hard on yourself - this is so gorgeous! I love that image and your fabulous colouring! Your embossing could not be any better - it has all come together so pergectly! Love it - thank you for always inspiring Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Miesje said...

Good morning Grace! I love the card but I do agree, I really struggled with the single layer concept! It took me a while to come up with mine. I just LOVE yours - such a beautiful image and coloring! I love the embossing too! It is wonderful. Have a fab. week!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the embossed background and the beautifully colored image! The tulle is a wonderful accent!

Becky said...

Grace, this is gorgeous! What a wonderful hubby to get you this stamp. love the folder also with those gorgeous flowers.
You are so right my sister, the more we get the more we want. Balance in Christ is what we need to pray for.
Love & hugs :)

Gaynor said...

A beautiful card, so dimentional. I love all the embossing and colour palette. Thank for for entering Little Claire's first blog challenge. xxGaynor LCDT

Chrissie said...

Hi Grace, It looks like you had a ball making this card... one layer cards are a tricky proposition at any time.
I noticed that you have combined several challenges for this card, but to be eligible for any prize at "Less is More" there may only be combined total of of 5 challenges.
I do hope you'll join us again for another Clean and Simple challenge next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

I love your card. It's perfect for our challenge. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge.

Susan said...

What a beautiful card!!! LOVE all the fabulous details!

Unknown said...

I always love reading your words Grace, thank you for your thoughts. And to think that anything you make would wind up in the circular file!! LOL! I had two hit that round filing tool as well. Have a wonderful week!

Vanessa said...

Grace, beautiful, beautiful!!!! LOVE everything you did!!! PERFECTLY PLEASANT! :)
Hope you have a wonderful day ♥
Blessings!!

Lori said...

Beautiful, Grace. Your coloring is awesome, love the blue sky. I love your idea of simple, lol!

Debbie Henderson said...

What an awesome job you did with the inspiration photo you used. Quite a classy card! Thanks for playing at CCMC!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty spring card! Love all the textures! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

Sue said...

love your card, very pretty indeedy

sue
xx

Tanja E. said...

Beautiful and loving!

Payne Holler Cards said...

eeeks! I've never ever never...had a one layer card turn out so beautifully - love this...the tulle and flowers are perfect accent.
so glad you entered it in Phindy's Challenge
hugs
Linda

Dori Shelton said...

Stunning! Just breathtaking....all the gorgeous details are just fabulous.

Marlou McAlees said...

this is simply stunning!! :)

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful card...beautiful message Grace.

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card. Good luck and thak you for joining us at Little Claire for our first challenge. Carol S. LCDT xx

Sharon Peele said...

Hey Grace, I love your card. the embossing go perfect with your stamp!! Beautiful work as always!!!

Sharon Peele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Peele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Peele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Peele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Peele said...

Sorry Grace my computer is running a muck!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Just gorgeous, Grace, and I'm marveling at your embossed blue sky!

Mickie said...

Such a lovely card and I do love Chickadees too! You did a wonderful job.

Stamps and Paper said...

A really pretty card.

Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace
How beautiful!! I adore every element of your card! Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles and good luck in the draw too xx

skylife said...

Very elegant card! Thanks for joining us at DDSB

Anne said...

What a stunning card, love that stamp and the embossing too, perfect card for spring.
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Rushd Lady said...

Thank you for commenting on my card. I'm glad I've joined a bunch of lovely ladies and getting crackin' on designing again! I took last year off after dealing with the herniated disc thing. Love your chickadee card! Blessings!

Curly said...

Wow amazing creation, and beautiful colours

thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 121 A Stamped Flower

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC D

Sandee Shanabrough said...

OMGoodness Grace!!! what gorgeous work you do!!!!

~Erica~ said...

So may details! This is beautiful!Thanks for playing at Create With Connie and Mary

Linda Carson said...

I don't believe you have any problems w/single layer from the look of this outstanding card! It's gorgeous!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulous use of texture Grace!! It's gorgeous!! Love your coloring and gorgeous pink bow too!!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a lot of detail in this very pretty card!

Deb said...

Great card! I think the embossing folder you used goes perfectly with the stamped image. Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Such a soft, pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

NanaConnie said...

This is a really wonderful single layer card. Actually, it's pretty terrific whether it's one layer or not! :-) Love the end result.

WeirdCat said...

Lovely card,your colouring is wonderful, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Grace, love the embossing and the gorgeous flowers too :o)

thank you for joining us at totally papercrafts and good luck!!

hugs Vicky xx

wannabcre8tive said...

What a beautiful card, Grace. Love that tulle and the embossing. Was happy to see you were able to play along with the CCEE blog.

Hugs to you.

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous flowers, thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary's Thursday Challenge!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining our "Stamped Flower" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card you have here!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Beautifully colored card, great way to highlight it with all of those flowers/tulle surrounding it. Thanks for joining us at OTWC.