Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mo's Digi and Outlawz Showdown!


Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a card I made using the Mo's Digital Pencil image that you get in the bundle of image when you donate to the help for Katie Drive linked in my side bar. Katie is a wonderful stamper and I have worked with her at Clear Dollar Stamps and I just love her. She has been diagnosed with Stage 4 stomach cancer and this drive will help her and her family with the many expenses involved in her treatment. Please have a look at all the images that have been donated and consider donating if you are able!

Anyway... this is the first time I have gotten to color this image up and I had so much fun. I love doing cutesy images... I just don't get the chance very often! I challenged myself on this to do a CAS card. I kept the layout very simple, using the sketch from this week's Card Positioning Systems. My base is Flourishes White and it is layered with BasicGrey Kraft designer paper, and the scalloped rectangles are Real Red, cut with a Nellies Die Cut. The sentiment is SU! Best Yet. I added a simple twine bow and left it there. Sometimes less is more, and I thought this might be one of those times. I hope she likes it.

Some of you write and ask, so this time I remembered to take a pic of the Copics I used to color this image.


I am entering this in the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday - frame it
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft - Seeing red
Ooh La La Creations - For someone special
One Stitch At A Time - Use a Digi
Outlawz challenge - Clean and Simple
Quirky Crafts - In the Spring Garden
BasicGrey - BG ITEM and Hearts (heart on her pants)
Bee Crafty- DIGI and Hearts
Little Claire's Anything Goes
Raise The Bar - hearts
Polkadoodle - with hearts
Stamp Something - use a digi
Totally Papercrafts - friendship
Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts
Paper Take Weekly - have a heart
Digital Tuesday - (must use digi) - from the heart


***********PARTY ALERT! PARTY ALERT! PARTY ALERT! ***********
You are invited to The Outlawz Showdown!!

I have to tell you about this new site I joined! It's a great community with all sorts of challenges and fun to be had! To get things kicked off they are throwing a party and there are a TON of great prizes!!! So hop on over to Outlawz and check it out!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

Chiara said...

Hi,
this card is so simple, but so nice! :)

ciao ciao
Chiara

Lori m said...

This is so sweet, you chose just the right colors to bring your card alive, it's just adorable.

Copic markers, I keep reading and seeing the wonderful projects they create, thank you for sharing.

Carla S. said...

This is so adorable, Grace! I love how you colored this sweetie! I haven't printed out my Help For Katie digis yet - you've inspired me to do it! I joined the Outlawz, too! Such fun challenges over there! Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Grace. Love that cute image. Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this time.
Hugs
Dawn xx

A Joyful Chaos said...

Lovely card! Thanks for letting us see it.

Becky said...

Grace, this is so cute, you colored this beautifully.

sammi said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love it! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Craft Your Passion in our "anything goes" challenge. Good Luck!

Tammy said...

What an adorable card, Grace!! Your coloring is wonderful on this little cutie!! Thank you for posting about our party at The Outlawz and hope to see you there!! :)

Trina said...

I love this image and think your coloring and sentiment fit it perfectly! I'll see you at the party at The Outlawz!! :D

Ellibelle said...

Gorgeous card Grace! Love your coloring!

Just stopped by your blog to tell you that you were the winner of a whimsy digistamp from the blog hop. Please see my blog to find out how to claim your prize.

Hugs,
Ellie.

Rona said...

Your card is so sweet!!! I sure would love to be planting flowers about now instead of watching it snow!!! Looking forward to the Party at the Outlawz!!

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! I love your card ! Very cute image !

Wishcraft said...

Aww I love this, it's adorable! Sweet image, fab colouring and love the colours you've used :o) Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's, Stamp Something and Crafty Cardmakers (phew!) Lisa x

maxine said...

A lovely card and so cute, I love the image and your lay out thanks for joining us for our first challenge over at Little Claire x

Anonymous said...

Such a cute image, lovely bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lovely Linda said...

Awwww Grace - this is way too adorable - I love your whimsey cards - I rememmber when you used to make them often! Gorgeous - great colouring too my friend! Thanks for the smile this morning! {{{hugs}}}

Lisa said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Crystal said...

AWWWWW Grace this is soooo SWEET!!! LOVE this cute image, FABULOUS!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this is SO sweet Grace! I love the fun primary colors too!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love this! I don't remember you using one of her images previously! Great colors!

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is simply adorable, beautiful coloring to boot.

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet.. Even better that I have it sitting on my table.. LOVE this Grace. Thank you so much for being "you". Hugs..

velta said...

This is just darling Grace! May the Good Lord be with Katie...prayers are being sent her way.

Wendi said...

What a lovely card that image is adorable
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

What an adorable card. I love the image and your coloring just takes it to a new level. So glad you joined us over at Polka Doodles
Hugz
Ashley

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! This is too sweet!! I just love your coloring and design Grace!! You are so talented and able to create with such a variety of styles.
TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting the flyer!! Good luck to you! Hugz, Colleen

Lori said...

Very cute Grace! The nesties are great with the image, dp and twine.

Lori said...

I keep forgetting to tell you that I am really lovin' your soundtrack here.

fionalawlor said...

Such a cute card and a really adorable image, your colouring is fab! Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

MissyB said...

Hi,

Lovely card, great image. Thank you for joining us at Little Claire.

missyb x

Sharon Caudle said...

Love this card, Grace!!! She's so adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon