Sunday, September 4, 2011

LOC Silk Moth... Beautiful!

Silk-Moth

Hello again friends!  It's time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge!  Today, our hostess is sweet Peggysue!  She has chosen 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 "Make it your aim to live a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to earn your own living, just as we told you before.12 In this way you will win the respect of those who are not believers, and you will not have to depend on anyone for what you need."

Her challenge is "Nothing bright. Use 'quiet' colors in your creation, either pastels, or low key earthtones, soft, muted shades of beige or neutrals."

My card is made with the summer release from Layers of Color!  I just fell in love with this image!  It's the Silk Moth Cling Stamp.  I stamped it on Cryogen white and colored with Copics (B72, B75, B78, & Y28).  Because I used Cryogen there is a little sparkle to it, though the picture doesn't show that.  My base is from Mark's Finest Papers, and the matting is SU! Baja Breeze.  The designer paper is from a GORGEOUS new DCWV Pack, Mariposa!  I ran it through the Big Shot with a Butterfly Corner embossing folder.  I sponged everything with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I added a few pearls from ZVA Creative, and a little bling from M's.  The lace was a gift from a dear friend, and the blue lace is some older lace I bought at a thrift store, still on the original card.... very cool!

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps!
The prize is a $15.00 Gift Certificate~  
We want to thank Clear Dollar Stamps for their continued support!

Be sure to check out Peggysue's devotional on the SSIC Blog, as I know you'll be blessed!

For more inspiration please visit my DT Sisters:

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Catch The Bug - September Anythings Goes, Creations by Gill M - Anything that flies, Marks Finest Papers -#71 Bring on the Bling, Alphabet Challenge - P is for Pretty Pastels, Fabulous Friday - flourishes, Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes, Show and Tell - Anything goes,  , Rainbow Lady's - Lets Emboss it,  Desert Island Crafters-3 or more from list (Kraft paper, nature inspired, embossing),  Paper Shelter Challenge - #29 anything goes, Heart Song Inspirations - Anything Goes and/or Use your Favorite Colour Combo, Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Anything Goes, My Grafico -  Always anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope the ease of this card inspires you to get this gorgeous image and have some fun!  Have a blessed week!


Hugs,

38 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Grace!! I just love your colors and that butterfly is stunning!! So beautiful!! I so need that butterfly embossing folder too!! Gorgeous GF!! Have a great day! TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Larisa said...

wow! It is wonderful! Love the butterflies on the backgrround paper. All is beautiful!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Grace, wow - beautiful card. You may have used quiet colors but it screams beauty! Great EF and sponging and that silk moth is outstanding. Have a great week!!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card! Sandra

Becky said...

Good Morning Grace;
What a gorgeous butterfly..Love how you used that embossing and love the bling you used.

Hugs & Blessings
Rebekka :)

Rainbow Lady said...

Just a gorgeous card Grace... so peaceful and calm. Thanks for sharing this week
Love Cynthia x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Grace! The colors are beautiful and the gems are so pretty. Awesome fussy cutting too! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh my word!! Your card is stunning. I love the butterfly.

Thank you for joining us at Frsoted Designs this week.
I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

I look forward to seeing more of your work

Amanda

Unknown said...

I can understand why you fell in love with that butterfly, it is gorgeous, especially with your coloring. Wishing you a blessed week!

velta said...

This image is just stunning Grace! I love the colors, the lace and bling too! Just another inspiring creation from you! Have a great weekend!

Winnie and Patty said...

Grace--this butterfly (moth) is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your soft muted colors! You did a great job of coloring this beauty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

BEARKIS said...

Just amazing!!!!I like it very,very much!!!!

Becky said...

I really like this card, very elegant and vintage feeling! Becky x

Traci M said...

This is such a richly regal card, Grace!! I love the texture of your card, the colors, the detailed stamp image...all combine to make a real wow for the eyes!! Wishing you a wonderful, blessed, Sunday!!

Unknown said...

Amazingly beautiful! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh Grace, the PEACE flourishes on your marvelous card!

Blessings to you this glorious God's Day!

Jennie said...

Oh Grace, this is beautiful!! The pearl trail following ht emoth is lovely and nice embossing and colors. Love seeing your designs.

Crystal said...

WOWZA Grace this is one STUNNING creation, absolutely LOVE that butterfly!!!! TOTALLY GORGEOUS! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

rudlis said...

Grace, beautiful card! Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge this time, hope to see you again.

Joanne (jojot) said...

that butterfly took my breath away...so elegant and classy....and you created such a wonderful 'home' for it....wow

Janeen said...

how gorgeous this butterfly is and what a beautiful way to use bling, like a little butterfly trail. Thanks for playing with us over at Speedy the Cat's blog.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is just divine - I LOVE the LOC Silke Moth, especially the way you have coloured it!! Gorgeous embossing too - I love that Corner Butterfly EF - divine!! It is lovely to see you back Grace! {{{hugs}}}

EllenaElizabeth said...

Pretty, subtle and elegant. Good work!

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

A truly beautiful butterfly, full of flourishes! Your color scheme is calming, and I hope you will create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

Helen said...

The butterfly is so pretty! what a card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another stunning card, Grace - I love it! I have had some cryogen to use recently and it is beautiful paper to work on and the sparkle is so 'discreet' :-)
Blessings
Maxine

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenges, hope you will join us again. x

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

That's fantastic, Grace. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Crafting Misfit said...

Your card is elegant and beautiful!

Thanks for linking up on Show and Tell this week!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Stop by my blog anytime!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Your card is so elegant Grace. You never cease to amaze me witht the beauty of your creations!

Designing with Debbie said...

Grace what a pretty card. I love the gems on the butterfly so pretty. Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Linda said...

This is simply gorgeous thanks for joining us at TPS this week.. hugs, Linda

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace, your moth is simply enchanting. The backdrop embossing with the butterflies is exquiste. The colors are amazing too. What an exquisite creation. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy's the Cat Friend's Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see what you made for us!

Bear Hugs,
Carol

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Grace,
Special thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. It's always nice to meet another Fibro Sister, although I wish the Fibro would go away.

I absolutely LOVE the card you made today and can by your blog that you are an amazingly talented and very creative crafter.

I'll bet that you enjoy it as much as I do and find it a perfect way to keep yourself busy and your mind of of Fibro!!

Keep up the wonderful work! I'm now a new followers and wish you well!

Hugs,
Lisa

Ida said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card.

sgc said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Min said...

This is just AMAZING - I love the butterfly with the embossed butterflies. Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Elizabeth said...

Grace, this is fantastic! I missed several weeks of SSIC due to our family trip, and then lots of canning when we got home. I'm sorry this was one of them. What a lovely example of "muted doesn't mean dull"!