Sunday, August 18, 2013

Thinking of You from my Garden!


Hello friends! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Lord's day!   Today I have a fun card to share with you.  This was created for a couple challenges on SCS but I wanted to share it with you here as well.  I used this month's release Blue Ribbon Winner and the ODBD Custom Canning Jar Dies as well as past releases Daisy, All Occasion Sentiments, and the Elegant Ovals Die Set.



I stamped the flowers with Memento and colored them with Copics, and fussy cut them out, adding a couple from a second stamping.  I stamped the canning jar twice.... once on card stock, and once on acetate with Stazon Jet Black ink.  I then cut both out with the custom Canning Jar Die.  How fun!  I then drew in a few stems in my jar, and added some leaves from the second image I had stamped, and colored a light blue tone on the card stock layer. I then added the acetate layer on top, giving the jar a glass shine, and putting the leaves and stems "behind" the front of the jar.  I cut my sentiment with the second smallest Elegant Oval die, punched holes in the sides and tied baker's twine around the jar.  I embossed my white layer with a Sizzix folder, and matted with denim and gingham dp from Making Memories.... these were from my stash and were fairly old.  I added another sentiment from the All Occasion Sentiments set at the bottom, and called it done.  This card is 5 x 7, larger than I usually create, but to use the sketch with the images I chose I needed a larger base.  It's hard to get a picture that shows the acetate, but here's a close up of the details:



I hope you like my project.  It was a lot of fun!

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,


8 comments:

ЕленаVinogradova said...

Good idea! We must try to use their own stamp on this principle jars!(using electronic translator)

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love it,Awesome coloring!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Grace - love the daisies and the way you have put them 'in' the jar. Great colour combinations too.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

It's so.... beautiful Grace. Lovely stamping and the flowers look so pretty on the yellow cs.

Selma said...

This is beautiful Grace. Love the daisies.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the country feel, the flowers look great in the jar!

Jennipher said...

Love the denim with the gingham! Such a great combination and goes perfectly with the daisies. Very cute card.

Kelley said...

So pretty, love it!!