Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Love You! Happy Anniversary!

Hello friends!  I hope you are having a GREAT week!

I'm sharing a card I made for my hubby for our 42nd Anniversary today.    I thank the Lord for giving me a Godly and loving man to be by my side through all these years.  I can honestly say I admire, respect and love him more today than I did the day I married him 42 years ago!  We've been through a lot of things, but the Lord has been our guide and the center of our marriage, and the glue that has held us tightly together throughout the years. 
 Thank you Lord!

This is pretty CAS for me you might say, and you'd be right!  I didn't have a lot of time to make this, and I also find that CAS cards work pretty well for guy cards.  The image is from  ODBD Waves on the Sea, and is stamped with Memento ink on cream card stock, and not colored except for just a light shading of the boat with a Copic marker.  I pierced around the image and popped it up over my embossed panel.  I used the Forest Branches Cuttle Bug folder for the embossing, thinking in some way it might look like water.  The sentiment is from a North Coast Creations set, Heaven's Masterpiece.

EDIT: Edna I have added a link to the folder I found on line.  Since your profile does not list an email address for you I have no other way to answer your questions.  Hope this helps!

That's it for me today!  I have a full week 
yet ahead of me with workers coming to do work on the house.  I'll be in dry wall dust for days to come! It's all good though!

Have a blessed day, and here is a Word for today:

"I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord, the deeds for which He is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us"  Is 63:7

18 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is a wonderful card - and your anniversary a great testimony to the 'glue' that God provides to a marriage when He is the centre.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

That's awesome! Wish you both a very Happy Anniversary:). Today happens to be our Engagement day. I was thinking of making a card to my hubby and yours has given me a nice inspiration:). Thank you dear Grace.

Hugs :)
Sarah

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your celebration!

Rosietoes said...

Happy anniversary Grace. Love the card.
It is a blessing to be married to a godly man. We too have been married for 42 years and I wouldn't change him for the world. :)

Edna x

FivePoint said...

Hello to all. I am Grace's lucky husband and I want to thank her for the beautiful card, but especially for 42 wonderful years. Not only is she a talented card designer, but a great wife, mother, friend and advisor. Grace, I love you
a

JoAnn said...

Happy Anniversary. This is a great card for your hubby. Love this image.

Only By His Grace said...

Congratulations dear Grace.
May you have many more blessed years of marriage.
Your card is beautiful.The embossing folder you used looks like water. Great choice.
I loved what you said about your marriage.I too am so blessed to have such a wonderful marriage.
Hugs Maz

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Happy Anniversary,May you both have many more Blessed years together!!!

ednamburgess said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. A lot of years to remember. Ours is at 57 and still going. Love your card. Guess I don't know your short cut but would like to know who made the embossing folder. I do have that stamp though. Edna

Lenoria said...

Congratulations to you both!! Your husband sounds so sweet and is obviously very proud of you too. I pray your anniversary is everything you want it to be and that God blesses you with many more!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Happy Anniversary, Grace and Alan! May God continue to be the center of your marriage and bless you with many more! Beautiful card, Grace, and let me tell you, this CAS beauty is perfect in every way! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Mickie said...

A very manly card for your man Grace, so neat. A blessed marriage always consists of three: man, woman and the Lord. God Bless!

Jan Marie said...

Love your card, your post and that sweet, sweet comment from your beloved!! What a blessing you both are as examples of godly love. May the Lord continue to bless you and grow your love for one another!

Conniecrafter said...

Happy Anniversary.... this is a terrific masculine card, and I like that you didn't coloring and that embossing is perfect!

Clare said...

Happy Anniversary, Grace & Alan! Your card is very chiq and impressive, Grace. It sure doesn't look CAS.

ednamburgess said...

HELP! I can't find the Twigs cuttlebug emboss folder on line. Edna B.

Grace said...

Edna I searched on line and did find one here:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/390631511706?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I hope you stop back to see this as I don't have an email address for you and your profile does not give one. I hope this will help.

I could have sworn this was called twigs but they have it listed as Forest Branches so that's another name you can search under if you can't get in on this one.

Please understand that many of my supplies were purchased before I began blogging and packaging and names were not saved, never thinking I would be asked or need them. This was one of those items, and though it's not being carried by Provocraft any more, your re-sellers will still have them from time to time.

I hope this helps!

ednamburgess said...

Thanks to the link to the Forest Branches cuttlebug folder. I just ordered it. I appreciate your help. Edna B.