Wednesday, August 12, 2009

MMSC14 Garden Window


Hello everyone! Here is the card I made for the Midnight Madness Sketch 14. Another great sketch girls! I used one of the newly released stamps from Our Daily Bread designs called Happy Birthday. It's such a pretty set and so fun to color!

This card is 5 x 7". I used an embossing template which I got from my local stamp store. It is a Mariannne Design Anja Style Dry Embossing Template. I put it right up against two sizes of Nesties Squares and embossed, then cut out by hand. I put the window topper on a light box to emboss it a little more, as running it through the big shot gave a light impression but not enough. I used Bazzill Textured Green and Pink for my card base and mat. The vine element running horizontally across is an embossed vellum scrap. For the lower horizontal element I used some pretty white lace and sheer pink to green ribbon. The image itself is stamped on Neenah CS with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I added some gem stones and stickles, and used my CB die cuts for the upper corners. The image panel is on dimensionals and then I lifted the butterfly and three of the flowers on dimensionals too.

The MMSC is such a fun sketch! Come join us!!

Now here's a picture I took of my helper I have to work around every day.... this is Ricky, and he's the reason my signature on SCS says "no project is complete without at least one cat hair"! He loves to push my pencils on the floor (which is what he's doing here), and he carries my blending stumps all over the house. My ribbons have to either be taped up on a roll or put away in a closet... too much temptation for him to endure! Oh but he's so sweet... you just have to love him! All 16 1/2 pounds of him! As you can see, he takes up most of my work space! LOL! Acutally, after letting him play a little while I carry him to the day bed in this room, and I have a blanket there that's his... and I put him on that and he'll sleep the rest of the time I'm working. But he has to have his play time first.









Photobucket

25 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Grace, this card is stunning!!!! I love that little arche above the flowers and the lace. Everything is just perfect, a true piece of ART once again. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - this is gorgeous - Grace!!! Love the embossed arch!!! Hugs ~S~

Priscilla said...

Hi Grace...I think I told you once before that when ever I see your name pop up on Mr. Linky..I get butterflies...LOL well it happened again and look..my butterflies landed on your card :) lol. Another beauty from you. And thanks for all you share in your comments. Cute cute picture of your cat too. As always, just a pure pleasure to stop by your blog, so thank for playing each week with us.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Grace!!!!! This is exraordinary!!!! What an amazing card - love the template window and your colouring is exquisite!!!

Carolyn said...

How feminine and beautiful this card is! I love the lacy ribbon and the pretty colors. I always look so forward to looking at your beautiful creations. I am always so impressed! Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you and hope that you will join us in the fun again next week.

Carolyn MMSC DT

Crystal said...

Grace this is fabulous...love your take on the sketch, and love all your beautiful details...wow!

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful, Grace! I love how you Cuttlebugged the embossing plate and then cut out part of it, great idea and beautiful card!

Phyllis said...

My goodness, Grace this is so beautiful!! You do it week after week, just knock my socks off. Wonder top on the window and love your ribbon, border punches, and of course that awesome image. Beautifully done. We take our hats off to you and thank you for your amazing creations week after week.

Phyllis - MMDesign Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Grace, your card this week is just beautiful. I love the arch and the beautiful flowers in the waterig can. I also really enjoy your pictures of Ricky. :)
Michelle MMDT

Lovely Linda said...

Another gorgeous card Grace - love eberything about it!! Your colouring is always amazing! You have such an amazing eye for detail and it makes your cards outstanding! Well done Grace - you have done it again! God bless you!!! {{{hugs}}}

By the way, I love your cat - he is amazng - I am sure he could really mess up your table BIG TIME of he set his mind to it!! LOL! ADORABLE!

RosesMarijke said...

This is very beautiful Grace!

I love your cards!

Karen W said...

Wow, another gorgeous card, now I will have to check out the templates again, LOL thanks for keeping the economy going since we all will need to buy more goodies now.

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous card, Grace!!! Beautifully colored and detailed!!! LOVE the framing work!!!

BTW...I come to your blog to see your wonderful work, but keep the blog page up just to listen to the wonderful music now that I know that it is there!!! LOL!!! Highspeed is amazing!!! I love Chris Tomlin and Aaron Shust!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

This one is so nice with the Fan, Grace! I think your butterflies are just in the right places to make that fan feel like a window! Absolutely love coming to see your page, thanks for bringing out sketch to life this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!! You never cease to amaze me!! Love the design!! Your coloring is always so magnificent!! Gorgeous take on the MMSC! I love to see your creations with the ODBD stamps and to use the sketch to boot! You rock girl! So happy about the news too!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Terri's Cards N More said...

What a beautiful card! Love everything about it. You are truly an inspiration.

Sue McMahon said...

Ricky's color is spectacular. His texture is outstanding. Oh wait! I'm supposed to be commenting on the card not the pretty kitty! :) We are kitty lovers here too!

Grace, your cards are always fabulous! I love the lace, the image and the scallop above the image!

Not sure if you knew or not but if you post my store logo on your blog you get extra freebies if your name is drawn this week! Good Luck! Thank you for joining us this week! See you next week!

Sue
MMDT Member

The Mama Monkey said...

Love your butterflies! They are so pretty and look real!! :) Your kitty is such a doll! How fun that must be! I have 2 dogs...they are too big for the craft table, but they do keep my tooties warm in the winter!!

Kelley said...

Beautiful card, Grace! I actually have some similar templates I have yet to put on the store site!

Ricky is my son's name!! LOL!! Your cat sounds like a character!!

JazzyH said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Hi Grace! What a beautiful card! i love that embossing template! I'm going to see if I can find one. Your coloring is stupendous as usual! Have you heard about a new blog challenge called Sisters in Christ? link: http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/
It starts tomarrow.

Hope you have a great weekend!
hugs,
Jennifer

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! I like the lacey edges.
Your kitty is totally cute, I would love to snuggle with him. I bet you have to keep things put away! hee hee

Curt in Indy said...

You did a marvelous job with this sketch! I love the image and all the detail on your card! Best, Curt

Stephanie said...

tee hee!! it seems Ricky is related to my Coco!! I'm impressed that he stays in his little bed - when I move Coco, she just returns within a minute or two. Definitely a strong willed furball!!