Thursday, August 27, 2009

Vintage Promise of God

Hello everyone! Hope you are having an awesome Thursday!

Today's Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS was to do Vintage. I don't do vintage too much but I had fun doing this! I used three different sets from Our Daily Bread designs. The wonderful promise is from the Aug. released set "Jesus". What a comfort there is in these words of our Lord! The bird and flowers are from "Sing to the Lord", and the hymn is "Amazing Grace Hymn".

I started with a base of Weathered Thyme by Lasting Imressions. I layered with GPW which I heavily sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye and then the designer paper is "The First Blush" by Studio D. I cut a small strip of floral dp and used my EK Success edge punch, layered that under the hymn which I distressed in a variety of ways. I stamped it on GPW with Sahara Sand, then I crumpled it all up and started sponging, tearing and rolling corners. The TH Distress Inks (also found at the ODBD Store) I used are Tea Dye, Antique Linen and Black Soot.

My laser cut design is actually cut out of a wedding favor box and sponged. The sentiment is stamped in Archival Jet Black because I wanted it to really stand out against all the sponging I planned to do. I used the same colors of TH ink but also added Tattered Rose lines to simulate folds. The bird and flowers were heat embossed with Antique God EP. I wasn't real happy about how this particular ep embossed, but it does have an "old" effect so I went with it. I cut the bird off the branch to mount him on the sentiment and then added the flowers in where I wanted them. I tried something new on the bird and flowers.... after embossing I colored them by sponging them with TH Distress Inks as well... quick and easy... again, not sure of the result but I enjoyed how quickly it went! The bird and sentiment are popped up on dimensionals. The corner piece on the top right is a Sizzix die cut, cut from a scrap of copper cs and run through the Big Shot with the CB Textile embossing folder for texture.

Thanks for taking a peek today!


Photobucket

22 comments:

Crystal said...

Absolutely Beautiful, love your vintage look!! Fabulous design Grace..

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a gorgeous collage of vintage details Grace!! Stunning!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

So lovely, Grace! I really like the vintage look and the Bible verse.
Hugs and blessings!

Silke Ledlow said...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!! Perfect take on the *vintage* challenge - Grace!!! Hugs ~S~

Janis Lewis said...

This card is so very gorgeous! There are so many elements that come together to give the whole that "well loved" feel. I love it. I especially like the way you rolled, tore, and inked the music. Just beautiful! I would frame this if I received it in the mail! Thank you so much for your encouraging website. I am so, so glad I found your blog! Hugs, Janis

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!! Love your take on Vintage. Every little detail on this card is just amazing. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Stephanie said...

Love the torn, rolled, distressed edges - definitely gives it a vintage look :)

Diane Noble said...

Beyond stunning, Grace! So very beautiful. Love the way you put it all together!

Doreen said...

You are amazing Grace! I love the vintage look you created, everything you made to create this effect has come together so beautifully!
Well done and thanks for the tutorial and inspiration : )

Grace please come on over to my blog, I have an award for you ~ CONGRATS!

Blessings,
Doreen

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful Card - I love the vintage style you captured so well!

The Mama Monkey said...

I forgot to say "welcome back" before, so...Welcome Back!!! :)

This is just beautiful! You sure do vintage well! Love the background. My MIL just got me a ton of old sheet music. I can't wait to use it on cards!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Grace, this is breathtakingly beautiful, and it is so timely that I chose to visit your blog today.
We lost a dear friend to leukemia this week. While his friends and family know he is in Heaven, our loss is difficult. I clicked on your link to the Women to Women blog and read through some of the articles. Diane's was particularly touching at this time since she addressed the loss of her sister almost 10 years ago. I have shared the WTW blog site with the widow of our friend, as well as family members in hopes they will find comfort in the words written there.
God Bless you wonderful women for starting that site!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love the image and colour.
So beautiful papers .

Hugs Riet.x

Betty Wright said...

GASP!!! This is absolutely stunning, Grace!!! Beautifully vintage!!! Gorgeous!!!

JazzyH said...

Love the vintage look and feel.

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful... Oh Grace I like your vintage feel of the colors, shading and your layout. Just beauitful.

peggysue said...

This is beautiful Grace. Thanks for always giving such complete instructions too such detail for the detail you craft into your cards. Amazing Grace, a favorite hymn.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Gracie:
This Card is beautiful ! I love the bird and flowers it is truly a work of art.

Have A wonderful Weekend.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

CreativeMish said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! I love that laser cut addition!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh Grace this is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the vintage feel of this card!!!

Dell said...

You totally amaze me with your designs! What a fantastic vintage card.

Congrats on being on the Daily Bread DT. You are so deserving!!

Kelley said...

GASP! I am speechless (which is unusual for me)!! AWESOME!