Friday, April 15, 2011

Really Reasonable Ribbon Purple Challenge

RRR2quilt

Hello everyone! Today I'm excited to be sharing a card I made for this week's Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge: "Violets, and Purples, and Plums...Oh MY!" Kelley, owner of Our Daily Bread designs is sponsoring the challenge this week, so several of us on the ODBD team made samples along with the talented RRR team. My lavender bow and the rolled rose is made with this gorgeous ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. I love making these rolled roses and this narrow ribbon makes a nice dainty size rose.

My Scripture stamp is from ODBD Scripture Collection 7, and I used Fancy Labels stamped in Grape Memento Ink, and colored the back ground of the label with a Copic Marker. My base is Bazzill, and my quilt squares are scraps from Kaisercraft Lilac Ave. and Memory Box Enchanted packs. I sewed each patch onto the mat. The Leaf and Bough punches are Martha Stewart, and the flourish is QuicKutz. The embossed frame is Joy Craft, which I stenciled with Grape Memento while still in the die. The deep purple roses are ZVA Creative.

Here is a close up of the lavender rolled rose I made:

RRR-rolled-rose-detail

Hope you enjoyed my purple and green card! I love the color combo but I had to get the photo outside, as inside it looked blue in ALL of about 30 shots, no exaggeration!!! LOL! We'd love to have you play along with the RRR challenge this week! If you'd love to win some ODBD stamps... why don't you join us! Link up your card at the Really Reasonable Blog challenge post and good luck!

To see what the rest of the Bread Sticks created for this challenge, please visit their blogs:




I am entering this in the following challenges:
Anita Be Stampin' - Anything Goes, Flourishes - Flowers, flowers everywhere, Karen's Doodles Netherlands - Anything Goes, Paper Take Weekly - Dimension somewhere On Your Card, Creative Stamp Friends - Swirls, DDH Challenges - Stitches, Incy Wincy Designs - flower frenzy, Karens Doodles - 1 Fancy & Feminine, Make it Monday - Anything goes, My Partner in Crafting Crime - Layer it up, Squigglefly - #93 Fabric/stitching, Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything goes, Crafty Purple Frog - Texture & ribbon, Pals Paper Arts - Use flowers, Stamp Insanity - Challenge #SISC55: Flower power.

38 comments:

velta said...

Oh My stars...Grace ~ This is amazing...how beutiful the colors, your embellishments and that ribbon rose..You are one talented lady...and I thank you for sharing your art work :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace - this is just amazingly beautiful - that rolled rose is fabulous - how do you do them??
The scripture is one of my favourites, and it has music set to it too....I have it rolling round in my head now - dare not let it out as something goes wrong between my brain and vocal chords and it is not a pleasant sound - just joyful :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,I love the stamp.
So gorgeous papers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Holly Young said...

oh I love purple! Your card is just gorgeous and those roses are something else! Thanks for playing with us in Squigglefly's challenge!

Eseniya said...

Очень красивая открытка!!! Прямо, роскошная!!! ))

Dawn said...

be still my heart! oh Grace... stunning!! this needs a frame, just gorgeous!!

CraftyC said...

Another gorgeous card Grace, so very pretty!
Clairexx

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous creation, Grace! The bow flower is stunning!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the colors and papers and the beautiful rolled rose! Outstanding work! Have a wonderful weekend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Grace, this is absolutely stunning GF!! I just love the quilted background and your purple and green combo. Gorgeous layout!!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Grace, this is so stunning!! I really love your purple colors here and your gorgeous layout too!! Thanks so much for joining in our Squigglefly challenge! Hope you can play again!! And thanks for stopping by my blog...hope you visit again there as well!! Smiles, Vicki

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Grace!! Your ribbon roses are amazing!! Thanks so much for providing a sample card for our current Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Dawn B. said...

This is gorgeous Grace.. I love the way you used your ribbons. They look great like that. Hoping we don't get too much rain or my little itty bitty flowers in my garden will get washed away.. Have a great one..

Anonymous said...

ooooh! just beauty! sooo much beauty! i love it. the colors are gorgeous.
have a wonderful weekend!
hugs from sweden!

Unknown said...

Hi Grace, sorry for being absent so long. I've had so little time since I started my full time teaching job. Love this card you made, it like patchwork and I am a quiter at heart! HUgs, Frea

Bernadet said...

Great card!
I really love these colors
Thanks for joining us on Karen's Doodles NL!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, what a beautiful card and so much detail...just beautiful!! Love that rolled ribbon flower and how you've paired it with the other roses and leaves in the corner!! Oh, oh, you left me off of your list ;D. Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Connie M. said...

Grace, this is just stunning! That ribbon rose is sooo pretty! Love how you mixed it with the paper flowers! Hugs!!

The Other Barb said...

This is a beautiful card. I'll now be singing the song for the rest of the evening. Not such a bad thing to have going on in my head :)

Audrey said...

What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and celebrating our 1st Birthday with us.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Grace! This is a wonderful setting for the stemped verse.

Hannah Clark said...

I absolutely love those stitched squares! Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at DDH!

Brenda said...

Grace, this is amazing as always! I love the sewed on blocks of yummy paper!! Wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along at Anita Be Stampin!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining KD NL!

Hugs,
Renata

Di Hardie said...

Purple is one of my favourite colours. You have done it proud.

Michelle said...

I am just in awe of your creative talent Grace, this card is absolutely beautiful!

I love that gorgeous ribbon rose.

Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

velta said...

Oh MY is all I can say Grace!! This is stunningly beautiful and I love the colors! Your design around that image is perfecto! Love it! Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a great week :)

Annette said...

Lovely colours and a great layout. Fab card. Annette xx (Incy Wincy DT)

Anonymous said...

A truly beautiful creation Grace! Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly this week. :o)

jonim52 said...

Thanks for joining us at Anita Be Stampin and sharing this elegant card.

deesdesigns said...

Stunning - love the color combo and all of the litle extras make this a work of art. Thanks for joining us for our Stitching challenge at Digi Design House.

maddy hill said...

Beautiful Grace and what gorgeous flowers and ribbon !
thanks for joining us at papertake weekly this week.
hugs
maddy x

Clare said...

Grace, this card is out-of-this-world gorgeous!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Stunning card!!! Love it. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Anita said...

FABulous card! I just love all of the embellishments, and these colors are perfect together. Thank you for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love everything at this card, the colors, the layout, the stitching, the bouquet of flowers...very pretty!

Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

Renata

Denimo said...

Oh Grace... I love this card! Great colors, design, everything!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Aud Sentiments. We hope to see you back for our next one!
Denise

tiggertastic said...

amazing - very eye catching

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K