Saturday, April 9, 2011

You're invited to a tea party HERE! GD for OCC

tea-set-3

Hello everyone! I'm so excited and honored to have been invited to Guest Design along with all the talented gals over at Our Creative Corner! You can't imagine how thrilled I was to find out that the challenge this week is all about tea parties! So I have set out my best china, teapots, and even some crumpets to enjoy! You're all invited to join me! I'm a collector of tea pots, and since my Mother passed away, my sister and I also collect tea cups and saucers, so this party is right up my alley. I was inspired by many of the gorgeous English patterns of china I have, much of which was passed down through the family for generations.

tea-party-2

My first project is this tea cup, made using a template from Lauren Meader at My Time Made Easy. I used the PDF file as the SVG did not work on my Cricut. I cut the cup out of Recollections brushed gold heavy card stock, and cut the decorator pieces from Gina K Pure Luxury Ivory. I stamped the floral images from Layers of Color Merci Bouquet clear art stamp set with Memento Rich Cocoa. I colored them with Copics, and then outlined everything with a Gold Spica Pen for a glittery almost embossed look. I really wanted to fancy up my upper edge instead of a straight cut top... so I cut more Gina K cs with my new Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Motifs and the Grand Calibur and embossed. I adhered to the straight edge top and then carefully cut away all of the top of the panel that showed above the motif, thus having the pretty edging on the top. I loved the look that gave!

Tea-Cup-detail

For my handle I used a Cuttlebug die I've had forever and adhered it to the gold. I also cut a smaller Spellbinders Motif for each of the four sides of the base, cutting off part of the design to fit. This would make a lovely presentation for a little gift of tea and goodies!

tea-pot-card

I made this teapot card using my Cricut and the Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I cut the full teapot from the Recollections gold and embossed that with a Sizzix folder. I then cut the inside part from Ivory and stamped it with Layers Of Color Vintage Rose Clear Art set. I colored with Copics. I hand cut some extra elements like the rim for the lid and cut some more Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Motifs for the teapot. I added some lace, wrinkled seam binding and a single rose bud from ZVA Creative. I cut a circle shaped card with a top fold, using my Grand Calibur and the 5.25" circle from the Grande Circle Die Set. I adhered the teapot shape to the circle card. Very quick and easy!


tea-set-sugar-bowl-vase

Then I just needed a little table decor, so I made another cup but did not add the handle and made what looks like a sugar bowl, but I put my rose buds in it for a centerpiece. So there you have it... I hope you enjoyed the tea party as much as I enjoyed preparing it! Many thanks to the gals at OCC for inviting me this week! I had a blast! Now we'd love to have you play along! This is a really fun one... see all the details on the OCC Challenge Blog and link up your project!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
CCEE Stampers - Add a doily die and/or lace. (I used lace on the card)
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything but Square.
Paper Crafting Journey - For the ladies in your life.
Pixie Dust Studio - Lace it up.
Freshly Brewed - flowers
A Spoonful Of Sugar - Tons Of Texture
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes + Optional - Something New
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Friends - Swirls (embossing )
Critter Sketch - Fancy Folds
Happily Scrappin - Shaped Cards
Karens Doodles - Fancy & Feminine
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Nettie G's Digital Gems - all about the Roses
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Stamp-N-Doodle - Shabby Chic or Vintage
Stamping Vacation - You name the challenge (tea theme)

Have a blessed weekend!

54 comments:

NinaB said...

Wow, this ensemble is gorgeous, Grace! I love seeing LOC and my Fleur de lis dies! I wish we could have tea together :-).

may-chu said...

wow, so pretty! I love the little tea pot, and the cups are just too cute. love it.
May xx

Jennie said...

Oh Grace, this is beautiful! What a lovely set and I am such a huge fan of hot tea. Beautiful embossing and the coloring is just perfect.

Crystal said...

WOOOOWEEEE Grace this is one FABULOUS tea party set, WOW so creative, gorgeous, and soooo fun!!!! Those flowers look amazing!!! This is one beautiful project!!! Happy Saturday sweetie!

Dottie said...

Just Beautiful Grace your tea cub are just so lovely.
have a wonderful weekend.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs:o)
Dottie

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a lovely project! Beautifully created!

Chris Hanselman said...

WOW Love your teapots. Georgous. Thanks for taking part in the All about Roses challenge at NettieG's Digital Gems and the Card Shape challenge at HappiScrappi

Chris
NettieG's Digital Gems Lead Designer
HappiScrappi Design Team

Janis Lewis said...

So beautiful. Really amazing. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Monique said...

Wow Wow Wow.. Wonderful projects I love what you have done with Laurens template.. Soooo Beautiful. The embossing looks great, everything looks perfect.. Great project.. Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles this week :)

Denise Clark said...

WONDERFUL! I love your tea setting! Just like fine china...so pretty!

I have to tell you, I love visiting your blog because I leave here feeling so peaceful after hearing this music. Calm...quiet joy!

Thanks for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges! This earns you entry in the May 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to the store of your choice.

Lori said...

Beautiful Grace! I have a wonderful collection of tea cups from both of my grandmothers. My mother's sit waiting at my dad's but I'm out of room right now! I'll post a picture for you. I just love them. Now this is a gorgeous set that you've created here! Very realistic. I'm going to have to try out some of these templates. Thanks for the inspiration and great idea.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwwww Grace,This is so wonderful,so chique.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftinGranny said...

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous creation Grace. You are one talented lady and it really shows in your design of these projects. Oh how I'd love to come to tea with these gorgeous dishes. Have a wonderful weekend! "Hugs" Carol

Kreatives von Andrea said...

wow, what a fantastic creations!

Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

A nice greeting Andrea from germany

Chrissy said...

Totally gorgeous....saw your teapot on 'Make it Monday' and just had to come over to your blog to admire it close up. Absolutely beautiful...great job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

HI Grace, thank you so much for popping by to see my creation however as I love to hop over to see who leaves the comments I am just blown away by your gorgeous work, totally inspiring
Hugs Kate xx

Wordbird said...

Grace, These are some of the most incredibly beautiful paper art projects I've ever seen. Wow!

I'm so glad you invited me to stop by your blog today! You've inspired me! I can't wait to get to my desk and play today!

Thanks for sharing these today!! ;D

Anonymous said...

Grace your gift for creating beautiful designs just keeps getting better, I'm always stunned at the new things you make.

:) Lori m

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Grace - how simply divine -'High Tea' for sure!! What gorgeous projects and I love the way you have used the LOC Merci Bouquet art stamp set - it looks beautiful on China - how I would love some like that! Congrats on your GD spot for OCC - I am sure you have WOWed them with this gorgeous scene! Thanks for sharing Grace and for the invite - I wish we could do it IRL! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

cyndie2010 said...

How pretty Grace. Congratulations on your guest designer spot for Our Creative Corner. I really enjoy your designs, can't wait to see more.
Cyndie

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Oh my, These are so beautiful! LOVE Them! Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

Michelle said...

Hi Grace

Absolutely gobsmacking AMAZING!!!

Your tea set is beautiful, I love all the intricate details you have added.

Congratulations on your GD spot, obviously so well deserved.

Thank you for sharing over at Make it Monday this week.

Michelle :-0

Chelsea said...

Grace - that is such a darling set!! So creative...beautiful, feminine, everything we like from our tea experience!

Shirley said...

How beautiful and creative each one is. I am not surprised at the GD! You are so talented and congratulations!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, sweet Grace, oh my goodness, you have outdone yourself wth this one!! I am truly speechless over so much beauty and the detail in each and every piece is just stunning!! I'll be over for some tea in a minute ;D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Tenia Nelson said...

Oh my goodness......this set is so so so AWESOME!!!!! tfs!!!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh, these are gorgeous! Love how you used the tea cup...the decorative pieces are very clever and so pretty! I love the cup used as a vase! And the tea pot is also very pretty! Great job with the challenge! I'll have to play along!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Grace, nothing I can say can come close to describing how wonderful and amazing this set is. It is completely, off-the-charts gorgeous!! I read through every bit of your description and looked at the photo to see each and every magnificent detail. Wow, you really spent some time working out every little detail - it's a perfect work of art! Thank you so much for doing us proud at the OCC. Our readers are definitely in for a real treat when they visit us this week!

Hugs,
Linda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!! You go from one jaw dropping creation to the next. I so love the shape of your tea pot card and your elegant punch and die detail on your cup is stunning!! SO ELEGANT!! Gorgeous work my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Hellma said...

Such a wonderful set, anyone would be glad to receive.

Maria Matter said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Grace!!! You do such beautiful work!
hugs & blessings!

would love you to share this over on my blog's "Inspire Me Fridays" it's a new feature I just started for the weekends. I think this is very inspirational! hugs

Vicki Burdick said...

Grace, this is beyond spectacular!!! I am in total awe of all the gorgeous details on it! It is just amazing!! Thanks so much for honoring us as a guest designer on the OCC this week!!!

Ellis said...

Fabulous tea set you've made! =)
Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital Gems!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Anne said...

Gorgeous creations, I just adore the little teapot and cup. A great job!!
Thanks for joining us this week on Karen's Doodles
Anne x

Rebecca Ednie said...

Wow! Thank you for joining us at the OCC this week! You truly outdid yourself making so many gorgeous pieces! You not only met the challenge but embodied it! I sure hope you win again sometime so you can be a GD again!

Sandy Ang said...

Just absolutely breathtaking ! Love your tea party idea and how sturdy your projects are. They really will make any tea a treat

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wow, your set is stunning! Each and every detail is so beautiful and well thought out. So glad you could design with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Lenoria said...

These are so beautiful! I love all the details on these and have to admit the first one and the sugar bowl are my favorites.

Star said...

I am just speechless! Trust me...that's a rare occurrence! =) Absolutely gorgeous work. I would go to a tea party like this any day! Thank you for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin'!

Priyanka said...

My Goodness.my eyes are in awe, it is beyond the word beautiful.thanks again for joining with us this week at Stamp-n-Doodle.

kiwimeskreations said...

Just beautiful, Grace - I too love fine china, and this is amazing - great to see all the LOC stamps you have used, and how you have used them.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarah Gough said...

just gorgeous! So fun to have you join us this week!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, what a totally delightful display! Beautiful work, Grace! WOW!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Just love this. I am a teapot collector and love tea as well.

Wendy J. said...

Grace, these are just over-the-top fabulous! Wow! Thank you so much for being our guest designer this week on OCC. It was great having you join us!

Traci S. said...

Grace, I can not think of a word pretty enough to describe these wonderful and incredible projects! Exquisite? Amazing? Marvelous? Stunning? Maybe put them all together and you will have it! So creative!

I collect tea-pots and cups and saucers also. I had a tea party for my wedding shower! So much fun! Hats and all! Everyone brought a tea-pot or cup and saucer and that is what I continue to get for many gifts! Your creations are just as beautiful as some of my real pieces.

Wonderful party. Thank you for the invitation.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Sharon Wheet said...

Wow! Your tea set is awesome! I want to thank you for being a guest designer, and for your stunning and gorgeous entry in our challenge over @ OCC. Thank you soo much, for the beautiful work, and the great attention to detail!

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is GORGEOUS. Fantastic gift set and love everything you did with the flowers, templates all of it. Simply gorgeous.

Rushd Lady said...

I LOVE TEA TOO! See my tea blog at http://tea-in-the-garden-poetry.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Girl, this tea set is just over the top stunning! Love the designs.

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Congratulations! You have won a prize over at Happileigh Scrappin'...
http://happichallenge.blogspot.com

Maria Matter said...

Hi Grace, wanted to let you know, your stunning project has been featured over @ Inspire Me Fridays
I so appreciate you playing along!
hugs & blessings!

Unknown said...

I just love this 3D tea cup!!! I have searched the Once upon a princess cart. and can't find it. Can you help me out??? creationsbychristie@gmail.com Thanks!

Things and Stuff said...

Soooo gorgeous!
Im ur newest follower!
sltbywm.blogspot.com