Sunday, December 4, 2011

From my Heart With Love

From-my-heart-to-yours

Hello friends!  Happy Sunday!  Although I am officially on a little break, I did manage to create a card for this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge.  Our hostess this week is Lisa, and she has chosen Matthew 1:20-22, "But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.' All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' which means, 'God with us.'" for this week's Scripture.  

Lisa's challenge is to create a card/project depicting an angel.




My card today is super quick, using an image and sentiment from Great Impressions, as well as  Labels 1 from Spellbinders... both the Grand, and the small.  I also used the SB Twisted Metal Tags for my sentiment.  I colored with Copics and painted the wings with Shimmerz Angels Wings.  I'm not really sure if this image is supposed to be an angel or a fairy, but I had bought it and colored it up for a special little 10 year old... so I went with it.  I don't have very many stamps that fit the challenge so I hope this will do! :)

The Scripture today is one that I have pondered so often. How did Joseph feel about all that happened while he was engaged to Mary, but they had not yet lived together?     Mary KNEW this child was from God, because she knew she had not slept with a man!  But how  did Joseph feel when he first found out that Mary was pregnant?  Did he doubt her? How did he feel about all that was told him by the angel? Did he at first doubt the angel?  There's not much that we know about his feelings... but we do know that he obeyed and did as the angel told him.   I can't even imagine being in this situation!  I would be overwhelmed... scared...doubtful, yet honored that God had chosen me for this incredible responsibility!  I believe somehow, God must have granted Joseph incredible wisdom and faith!  Humanly speaking, no man would believe his pregnant fiance when she said she was pregnant yet still a virgin!  Joseph however, took her as his wife, but kept her as a virgin until the Christ Child was born.   Can you imagine being given the task of raising the very Son of God?  Oh my.... I can't!!!   Perhaps we fail to think of the role this special man had in providing a home for the Christ Child, for caring for Him until He was old enough to begin His ministry!  I picture him with Jesus by his side, teaching Him the skills of a carpenter, and I picture Jesus taking it all in as any little boy would.  But there came the time when Jesus told His earthly parents that He had to be about His Heavenly Father's Business.  This child was not born to live only as a human, and to perform only human tasks.... He was born to die in the most painful way possible, yet without sin, so that His shed blood could wash away  our sins.  At some point.... these parents... Joseph and Mary must have realized the incredible purpose their little boy had come to earth for.... and they must have had to realize that yes, He came to die even for them!  It blows my mind!

How about you?  Have you accepted the salvation He came to offer you?  Are you willing to be obedient to whatever God calls you to do?  This Christmas season.... I am focusing my mind and heart more than ever before on this indescribable gift that was given for you and for me!  I am thankful that with this job loss has come a "freedom" from the bondage to buying and running around in a mad dash as the holiday quickly approaches!  This year, I'm hoping that the truths of this incredible story will penetrate my heart in new ways... and that I will respond with more love and commitment than ever before!

I wish you and yours a most blessed, Spirit filled Christmas season!

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps! 
The prize is a $15.00 Gift Certificate to the CDS Store!
We thank them for their continued support!

To read Lisa's devotional and for the full details on the challenge, please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog!
Be sure to check out the rest of the design team for more inspiration:
Chris, Linda Miesje, Rebecca  PeggysueMariLynnLisa, and Traci

I am entering this in the following challenges:


2 Sisters - #68 Punches and/or Dies, Catch The Bug -  Anything goes, Craft Your Days Away  -  Buttons or bows, Little Claire's  -  Shaped Cards,  Alphabet Challenge –  V is for Vibrant,  Inspire Me Fridays - Anything, Wags 'n Whiskers - Week 2, Angel or Fairy, Card and Scrap -Angels, Paper Crafting Journey -  Anything Goes, Southern Girls -  Ribbon, Cooking It Up With Katie - anything goes, Divas by Design - anything goes, Paper Shelter Challenge -anything goes

21 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning my sister, this is just adorable! Yes she does look like an angel :).
Hugs

Miesje said...

Oh Grace you are such a sweetie! I love the card with the adorable "angel"! I love what you shared - as always your insight into scripture awes me! Have a good week!

Patti J said...

Enjoy your break, Grace - you certainly deserve one. Your card is beautiful, as are your words this morning. Hugs and many blessings to you, my friend...

Carla S. said...

What a sweet card, Grace! The little angel is darling! Enjoy your well-deserved break! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Super cute card, Grace. Wonderful post, as usual I enjoy your Sunday words. I also wanted to comment on how much I liked your release items.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet Grace!! I just love your image and of course your gorgeous coloring.

I also wonder how Joseph must have felt and Mary when called them to this confusing (from an earthly stand point) and awe inspiring task. I loved reading your words!!

Hope you are having a great day!! TTYT!!
hugs,
Chris

Traci M said...

Hi Grace, I am so glad you entered your sweet angel card...it is an angel because I don't believe in fairies!! ;) I love it, the colors, the winsome image and all of it!!
I am glad you are freed from some of the Christmas rush. I haven't even felt compelled to do that yet this year, maybe that will result in a rush, I hope not. I enjoy reading your words and the awe that we feel when we ponder these things. You are such a blessing, Grace!!

Becky said...

Beautiful card, Grace....you are an inspiration to all of us with your faith.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Oh my Grace - what an adorable and sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at Wags n Whiskers. xxx Steph

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - lovely image and you have presented it beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

paper fun said...

Grace, your card is so sweet. I love the pinks.

Thanks for joining in our buttons and bows challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Sonia said...

Hello Grace
Wonderful creation!
Thanks for joining in our V for Very Vibrant Colours at ALPHABET Challenge blog this week.
Hope to see you again. Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love this card and you have such lovely blog graphics too!Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge.

Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

NanaConnie said...

What an adorable fairy card, Grace! Thanks for playing along in the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie this time. Remember, you can enter a total of three different cards or projects during December. Merry Christmas
NanaConnie DT Chef

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thanks for playing with us @ Paper Crafting Journey!
...just a note...Please take word verification off for commenting, thanks!
Love, Laura PCJDT

Karen Letchworth said...

Great job on this one!! Thanks for playing along with us at Wags-N-Whiskers in our Snow Angels Challenge. Please stop back this Friday for a new challenge.
Blessings,
Karen - Design Team Member
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is really a cute angel card. Love that sweet colour combo with the gorgeous shape and lace. Thanks for playing at Card and Scrap and good luck. Hope to see you back soon for another challenge. Bettina xx

Lisa Jane said...

Love the shape of your card , and the pretty little image
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design this fortnight
Lisa x

Helen said...

Beautiful card and a gorgeous image too.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

Helen x

Shirley said...

How precious and the ribbon is perfect for this!

Laney said...

Super card !!
thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney