Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pleasant Words.... sweet to the soul!

Sweet-like-Honeycomb

Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying this Christmas season and finding time to reflect on HIS indescribable gift!  I'm popping in to share a window card I made using several of this month's new releases from Our Daily Bread designs.  I used the Stitched Background for my front, and cut out my window with the Our Daily Bread designs custom Elegant Oval Die, made by Spellbinders for ODBD.  I also used the Honeycomb Background for the inside, embossing it with clear embossing powder and then using a resist technique, I sponged on T Holtz distress ink in Scattered Straw.  I used the Daisy/Black Eyed Susan set, stamping three times and cutting out elements I wanted to use and coloring with Copics.  I used a sentiment from Little Things for my inside sentiment and cut it with Spellbinders Label One, then matted with SB Ornate Artisan Tags & Accents.  The little gingham ribbon was in my stash, and I added the bees from Simple Things, making the stitched background look like their trails.

I don't know about you, but I love winter and snow until Christmas, but then I'm ready for spring, so hopefully this card will make someone smile not long after the holidays are over I'm sure!  I will share another springy card soon!  Meantime... be blessed as you celebrate this wonderful season!

Words-sweet-as-honeycomb-de

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Embossing, Creative Craft Challenges - Faux Or Real Stitching(I think the stitched bg qualifies for faux!), Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - #50 Bingo ( I used center down: ribbon, flowers, and dies/punches), Make it Monday - always Anything Goes, Paper Pretties -  Ribbon, Smudgy Antics - NO CUTE - Inspired by a Book, Poem or Film (Bible) You may use any image to play, but to win must use Smudgy Antics image, The Cutie Pie Challenge - cards - Use a Sentiment, Corrosive Challenges -Anything BUT Christmas

32 comments:

blackdragon said...

This is such a beautifully crafted card Grace and if it was sent to me...i'd smile...broadly.
Thank you so much for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week.

Anne said...

Gorgeous card... love everything about this card ..thanks for sharin on MIM..

Becky said...

Beautiful Grace...the sentiment is perfect! Thought of you today on my way to Biltmore in Asheville...not sure exactly where you are in relation but I think you might be somewhere along the way, lol. Hope you have a blessed Christmas!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Grace! I can't wait to make something other than a winter/Christmas card! I love all the stamps you used! Hugs to you!

Traci S. said...

HI Grace~

This is wonderful! I love the architecture of it, and the colors are spot on. I love the look of the honeycomb. The daisies are just beautiful. Of course the sentiment is SO beautiful! I will need to post this Proverb on my Wall of Inspiration!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather


I could sit and look at Dawn's art and craft work all day long! Who couldn't?

Dawn, I am blessed to know more about who you are...on the inside. I know how fabulous your coloring and projects are on the outside.

This card is precious, and is the perfect match for this beautiful Scripture. I'd love to know what colors you use to color red-hair! I don't have that down yet, and have almost all red heads in my family! LOL

Thank you for serving here at SSIC!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Receive 1-10 Cards-if your comment is randomly chosen!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is absolutely fabulous - we are in the 'daisy' season here just now - although at our place is it more roses than anything.
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Grace, love the verse, and the flowers look so pretty.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

KC said...

this card is great! I love the layout, the window, and the saying! thanks for joining us this week at Smudgy Antics.

The Mama Monkey said...

Grace, this is absolutely beautiful! I love daisies!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Grace - this is gorgeous! I love the sentiment and those divine bees - beautiful - always beautiful from you Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Kerry said...

What a beautiful window card Grace..the pp inside is perfect honeycomb! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week. Have a wonderful Christmas xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Grace,
I've been a fan of your work for awhile and this is yet another example of why.
Stunningly beautiful card. :)

Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday.
Good luck to you,
Lisa xx

ike said...

Oooh - Fabulous Spring card Grace. It's sooooo lovely - definitely made me feel warm and Spring-y :-D Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week.
Ike xxx

Sugar said...

beautiful card! thanks for joining us at Smudgy antics this week!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This is gorgeous Garce!

Unknown said...

A beautiful card thankyou for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week
Luv Jane xxx

Riet said...

Ohhhh Grace,What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heather said...

Beautiful card- I love the honeycomb background especially. Thanks for joining us for the Smudgy Antics challenge this week.

Monique's art said...

very beautiful card, thanks for playing at smudgy antics this week ;-) monique

Regan said...

A darling card! It is sure to make anyone smile! The gingham bow is too sweet! I'm the same way... love the winter wonderland until January. Then it can be sunny and 70 every day as far as I'm concerned! lol Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan

cheryl said...

this really is one,beautiful card,just says it all,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxxx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace,
I love this card. As fresh as a daisy.
I love your honeycomb effect. Love the bee trails.
Of course I love the verse.
Hugs Maz

Merlyn said...

Awesome :)

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love the window in the front and the flower stamps are lovely. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

~Lady B~ said...

Beautifully crafted and gorgeous piece of art, Grace. I love the different techniques you've used and the texture and dimension you've created. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics this week!

MaRyKaY said...

beautiful card. I mean beeeeautiful. love it

MaRyKaY said...

beautiful card. I mean beeeeautiful. love it

Scrap Vamp said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love it!

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love the cutaway! Thanks for joining us at LCI...

Shirley said...

I love what you did with your die and the whole card is lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card! Thank you for playing at Cutie Pie Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Woo x

Hazel said...

So nice to see a non christmas card. Such a cheerful happy card too. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenges for our use a sentiment challenge,
Hugs
H xx