Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandson!

Nathans-bd2012

Hello friends!  Just a real quick post today.  I wanted to share a card I made for my Grandson who turned 14 last Thursday!  Yikes!  Where did time go?  Anyway... I had won a free image from Karen's Doodles some time back and had chosen this one because my Grandson's dream is to get an old VW real cheap (is that possible?)  and then for Christmas, birthday,s etc. ask for the parts needed to fix it up and eventually he'd have a "whole" car!  Not a bad idea when you think about it!  Scary thing is that in TN. where he lives, kids can drive at 15!  Double Yikes !!!  Actually.... I think he will be a very good driver once he has had some experience and learns how to drive expecting the other guy to do something stupid.  (That is the one piece of advice I remember myself from Driver's Ed.... drive defensively and expect that the other guy is going to do something stupid. LOL!)  Anyhoo.... look out TN coz here he comes!!!

I  colored this fun image with Copics.  I knew the minute I saw this one that it was perfect for him!  Had to wait until I knew he had gotten it before I shared it.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Cards For Men -  "Boys and Their Toys", Hooked on Crafts - Try Something New (digi), iCopic Challenge - must use Copics- use your neglected copic colors (Dark Blues), Lexi's Creations -  Anything Goes, Lollipop Crafts - NO Embellishments (yikes!), Make it Monday - always Anything Goes, Scrappers Delights -Anything Goes, Truly Madly Crafty Challenges - Anything Goes, Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes, Gingerloft -  Anything Goes, One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes,Catch The Bug -  Birthday Challenge, Secret Crafter - #168 Anything goes with Blue

That's it for me today!  I've been VERY busy creating, but creating things I can's share just yet! :)

38 comments:

Becky Spinks said...

Grace, this is so cute! I'm sure he loved it....I know what you mean about wondering where time went...my oldest grandson just got engaged on Christmas Eve (he's almost 22) so it does have a way of slipping up on you! I love the image and of course your coloring is superb!!! Have a great week!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Grace.... this is just precious! Saw it on MIM, such a fun challenge (0=

Crystal said...

Grace this is the perfect card for your grandson..WOW you so rocked a masculine style card, GREAT colors and that image is sooo fun!!

Linny said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Linda

Basslady said...

grace, this card is awesome and very funny! love the vivid colouring!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Kendra said...

This is such a great image! You have colored it well!

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Hi came by from MIM, I love ur card, the image is really funny and great for teens and older men alike, love your colouring its ace,
Hugz Kenzi xx

Aud said...

Came across your card on MIM great card and love this image, coloured in really well, super image for men as always struggle to get appropriate cards for them unless they are in to sport. Fab card well done. Aud x

Mel said...

Aww this is fab!
Utterly gorjuss wee creation, perfect blokey card!!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges
Hugs Melly xxx

Jayne said...

Saw this on MIM, what a great card. image is fab! x

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Grace! I'm sure your grandson loved it! Fab image and terrific coloring! Love it! Hugs to you (and congrats on the wonderful news)!

Kathleen said...

Fab card! Love the image!
Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
Hugs
Kat xx

:: BlueInks :: said...

This is a great card! I love how you colored the image. The highlighting under the vehicle is just perfect!

Nan G said...

Super cute card! Great guy card. Love your coloring!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Grace - it is the type of image I need for my brother, a mechanic :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

What a great masculine card! My son loves to work on cars, VW actually and he is rebuilding one.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Grace .What a fab young man's card .Super cool image . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,love the fun image and your colours are lovely...Thanks for sharing with us at Cards for Men...
Mandy x

Only By His Grace said...

What a super card for a male. Beautifully colored too.
Hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson, just love looking at your cards. Very pretty tea cup card too.

Hugs, Lori m

Michelle B. said...

FAB card, your coloring is fantastic. I love the simplicity of the layout and your choice of papers, well done! Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

sammi said...

Fabulous male card! Love the image! Thank you for celebrating our 2nd Birthday with us by sharing your creation in our “In 2’s” mini challenge at Catch The Bug! We hope you’ll join us every day for a new one! ~~Sammibug,~~ Guest Designer For Bugaboo Stamps.

Choccy said...

What a great card ! Perfect for your grandson..
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Anything Goes' challenge. Good Luck !
Hope to see you back again next week ;O)
Choccy x

Maire Gamber said...

Such a cute card! Great coloring and layout! Thank you for joining us at iCopic!
Hugs,
Marie

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great card and made me giggle already this morning. Fun fun fun card!!!!

Sheri said...

14? Oh my! How fun Grace!! This image and your classic card design are just so beautifully put together! Thank you so much for joining our challenge this week at iCopic! :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow this is a gorgeous masculine card! love the stripes and colors and your coloring is fantastic - thanks for joining us at iCopic Lover!
hugs,
M

Dottie said...

this is great I need it for my grandsons b-day too you as always did a great job. I would love a cling or rubber stamp like this.. have a great week. and thanks again for your help.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs
Dottie

Melissa S. said...

Oh My gosh! This is just wonderfu. What a beautiful coloring job you have done. Thanks so much for shareing with us at Bugaboo today.

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute card! love the image! thanks for joining our Bugaboo birthday challenge at catch the bug!

Jo said...

Fab card, super colouring! Thanks for joining with us at Lexi's creations this time and good luck!
Jo-DT

Diane's Card Designs said...

Spotted your card over at MIM and just wanted to say how lovely it is. I absolutely love the image.
Diane xx
p.s pop on over to my blog and check out the 1/2 price stamp sale x

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Tammy Miller said...

What a darling card thanks so much for joining us for our Birthday Bash this week at CTB!

FroggieStamps said...

What a great card, I love the image and your coloring!
Thanks for playing along with the iCopic challenge! :)
-Kelli

scrap joanny said...

wow this is a great card - and so cute- for us challenge -thanks so much for playing with lollipop crafts hugs Joanna

thescrapmaster said...

Great card, Grace! Thanks for playing along at iCopic. I hope to see you back for our new challenge this week.
Hugs,
Sami
www.thescrapmaster.com