Sunday, January 29, 2012

His Love for You!

His-Love-for-thee

Hello my blogging friends!  Today I am sharing a tri-fold card I made using several Our Daily Bread designs sets.  The ocean scene is from the Feb. release (to be released Feb. 1), The Mighty Sea, as are the sentiments. I made a belly band from twine attached to my sentiment tag. 

On the inside, I also used ODBD's very first set, Light of the World, and also Footprints SetI also used the ODBD Fence Die and some hemp twine.


His-Love-for-Thee-Inside

I used Gina K and SU! Kraft card stock, as well as Bazzill Sea Foam matting.  The card is 5" wide x 5.5" high.  I stamped all my images with Memento London Fog Ink, and then colored with my Pastels, which had long been neglected. I highlighted a few places with SU! Markers, and then  I spritzed everything with Pearl Glimmer Mist to set the chalks.  The dies I used are Spellbinders Grommet Tags, Labels Three and Labels Twelve. 



His-love-for-thee-verse

Be sure to visit the ODBD Blog on Feb. 1 to see the full release and participate in the hop, for lots of chances to WIN!  Hope to see you then!!!


I am playing along today with the Stampin Sisters in Christ, where Linda has chosen  Philippians 4:8 for the Scripture.


“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.." 
Be sure to stop by and read Linda's thoughts today.... you will be blessed!  I do think of  this verse so often.  It seems that when we are prone to get discouraged, upset, depressed.... often, we have to examine what we are dwelling on in our mind.  As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.  Have you ever noticed that if you dwell on a bad thought... perhaps you are upset with your spouse about something, or perhaps you are having a pity party... or whatever.... when you allow yourself to dwell on the wrong thoughts, soon your entire mood and emotions follow those thoughts!  So I find myself reminding myself of this verse when my thoughts are taking me down a wrong or unproductive path.  I also share this verse often with friends who are depressed or angry.  Isn't God's Word amazing... it has a solution for all our problems, if we only will really listen and apply it's truths!
I am entering this in the following challenges:
Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe -Do chalk Direct to Paper, Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Your Style (I love combining sets, coloring, and lots of details), That Craft Place - Oh I do Like to be Beside the Seaside, The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan -Punches/Dies, Crazy 4 Challenges - Layer it on, Drunken Stampers -  Use Something New (stamp set), Marks Finest Papers -#92 Cards with at least 4 layers, My Sheri Crafts  - New Things, Stamp, Scrap and Doodle -  Anything Goes, Card Makin' Mamas -something Old (Footprints and Light of the World sets), Inspire Me Fridays – Link Up Party, Stampin With The Dragon - 2W, SIO – Week 2, Anything Goes, Crafting for all Seasons -  blue and white, I Brake For Challenges - fancy folds, Simon Says Stamp - anything goes, Stampavie and More - blue and white, Tandastamps -  scenic,  365 Cards - Nautical, Word Art Wednesday - Scripture or inspirational quote... one is offered each week or use what you are working on.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!
Grace

42 comments:

Carla S. said...

Oh, my! This is gorgeous, Grace! Wonderful scenes on every panel! Beautiful coloring and verses! Have a good week! Hugs!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow, wow, wow, This is perfection to a "T" Grace!! STUNNING, BEAUTIFUL, just breath-taking!! Love it!! hugs

Payne Holler Cards said...

this so glorifies our Lord! it is a true masterpiece...i'm soaking up every detail (-:

Tameko said...

Hi Grace,
This is so beautiful! I love the way that you used the chalk pastels! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing with the Chalk Ah Cafe.

Unknown said...

Grace this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Grace! This card is absolutely amazing, and I'm so super glad that yiou chose to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We are blessed to enjoy your lovely work, and hope that you will become a regular with us. And...don't forget our blog hop starting Feb. 9 - lots of great prizes as we share our love of the Lord while we make art. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous gatefold Grace!! What a lot of work!!! Stunning coloring and use of stamps my friend. Love the added fence too!
TTYS!!
Hugs,
Chris

Tell Al I am praying for his first day tomorrow!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Grace, you card is magnificent! Truly a work of art!! Beautiful work.

Marsha said...

Truly beautiful. Like an art piece.

Dawn B. said...

Wow Grace this took some time to create. I love love love all the panels. I was just begging my husband to take a week off for an ocean vacation. I love the way you colored this too. What a great work of heart.

Pat said...

Gorgeous. Great coloring job. Very artistic. I love the shimmer. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

StephC said...

What a stunning card! My jaw literally dropped when I saw it. It's wonderful! So glad you shared with us at Drunken Stampers!

Marge said...

A GORGEOUS card, inside & out, full of beautiful coloring - a real masterpiece to be sure! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Becky said...

wow Grace. this is gorgeous. I am loving this new set.

May said...

STUNNING card inside and out, Fabulous work, Thank you for taking part in that craft place challenge, good luck, Hugs May x x

marsha said...

This is absolutely stunning Grace! I just love this new set and how you combined the older sets with this beauty!
Hugs,
Marsha

Unknown said...

Wow, Grace this is a stunning piece of art. The beautiful details of the ocean and lighthouse are incredible.

Thank you so much for sharing this on my Word Art Wednesday challenge.

Have a great day!

seamom said...

This card is awesome! You continue to outdo yourself.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wonderful card, fabulous coloring and design!

cotnob said...

This is a wonderful card Grace, I love the way you have attached the sentiment and your little fence embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Barbara Colbert said...

Absolutely stunning images!!! What a wonderful job you did and such a lovely scene you created! Thanks so uch for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends and Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe. This is a wonderful card!

Tammylee said...

Great card, I love all the details how beautiful. Thanks for playing around with us at Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe.

Tammylee
DT Coordinator

That Craft Place Ltd said...

simply stunning. A great great card.
Thanks for playing along with us at TCP (That Craft Place) challenge blog.
Lisa x

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Grace - firstly, it is so lovely to see you here with us this week - and your card - truly divine my friend! What a gorgeous scene you have created - your colours and colouring, well they are perfect! You are such a gifted artist and a precious Sister Grace! Great to see you at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Miesje said...

So good to see you here Grace! Seeing your name and the card just warmed my heart and made me smile. I love it!

Nan G said...

Grace, you're amazing! This is stunning, beautiful coloring, beautiful verses...well, it's just beautiful!

jean.phillips1 said...

What a beautiful card, both the outside and the inside!! Love it! x

Ciska said...

WOW, what a great scenic card! I am really gobsmacked, really well done :) Thanks for playing along with our "SOMETHING OLD" challenge at Card Makin' Mamas!

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous Grace. That scripture on your card really touched my heart.

Clare said...

Grace, you are amazing! I love the way God works through you! Beautiful, awesome work!

Traci M said...

Grace, all of your cards are amazing works of art, but this one just blew me away...that ocean scene looks so realistic to me, and the panels and all look beautiful!! I appreciate you sharing your encouragement with me this week. Hope Al is having a good week at his new job, well, two days, anyway!! Hugs!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is amazing! LOVE sea themed crafts--and this has to be one of the best I've ever seen. Gorgeous!!!

Dale Tiernan said...

So wonderful. You're an expert.

Clare said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your colors are awesome! Well done, Friend!

Maureen said...

You make such beautiful faith-filled creations! I am so glad I found your site through 365 cards (we were spotlight designers for last week). Thank you for the inspiration!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I have not have much computer time lately.....but am soooo happy I didn't miss this beauty...I LOVE the sea and this is so totally tranquil and beautiful as the shore and sea are to me....gorgeous, my friend

natdalton said...

Wow! You do gorgeous work! I am really impressed. I usually stick to thinking of you ecards but you have inspired me to try making my own! Keep up the amazing work.

Silke Ledlow said...

Two fabulous projects Grace! Hugs ~S~

Designing with Debbie said...

Stunning card. All I can say is WOW. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Kristine said...

Hi Grace! Wow, I could sit here for like an hour just looking at this card and trying to figure out how you did it all. So much beauty here and attention to details. BEAUTIFUL!! *Ü* Hugs, Kris

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Oh Grace, this card is STUNNING. I live by the ocean and just love this new stamp set. The scripture you used is sung by Psalm Tree and it's just so beautiful. Thanks so much for linking this beautiful work of art to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

Victoria said...

Hi, just wanted to say that I think this is absolutely amazing! I'm speechless (a rare occurrence!)