Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cooling Breezes in aqua

You-are-such-a-blessing-to-

Hello friends!  Happy Sunday!

Today I have something a little different for you... a paper fan that yes, actually closes up!  I wanted to play along this week with the Shining the Light Challenge over on the ODBD Blog to help celebrate Our Daily Bread designs's 4th Anniversary, coming up next Sat!  The challenge is to use aqua or topaz (the birth stone for March) and an ODBD Scripture, quote or sentiment.  I also played along with the Inspiration Challenge yesterday at SCS, which was all about fans!  So I made my own paper fan.

I hand cut my pattern from Papertrey cs and stamped the flourish and tag from Our Daily Bread designs Flourished Verses and also the small flower from ODBD's Sing to the Lord, using Baja Breeze ink (SU!).  I then embossed each panel with a Cuttlebug folder and punched a hole in the bottom of each fan panel.  I ran gold cord through the hole and then attached thin ribbon on the back at the edge of each panel so it would fold flat. I tied on a May Arts silk bow and added a tag from the same Flourished Verses set.  I stamped a few extra flowers and cut them out, adding them for dimention but in ways that they don't interfere with the folding of the fan, and tied in a string of pearls as well.  This could be a stand along card, gift or even would look nice in a shadowbox with a few more treasures added!  Hope you enjoyed my project!


I am entering this in the following challenges:
Catered Crop Ribbon,Let`s Ink It Up - Show Us Your Flowers,  Allsorts -  Say it with Flowers, Just Some Lines Spring Cleaning time, use at least 2 items that are at least 6 months old (Silk ribbon, gold cord, pearl string), Stamp, Scrap and Doodle -  Fancy Fold, Crafty Ann's - 2W, SIO – Week 2, Anything But A Card, Hotshot Crafts –  Ribbon,


23 comments:

Basslady said...

this is so creative and beautiful, dear grace!

hugs and kisses and blessings from germany,
silvi xoxo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous embossed in aqua!!!

ChristineCreations said...

What a cool design! This fan looks beautiful Grace! I love the tag embellishment too.

Wanda Cullen said...

Grace, your fan is so beautiful! Love the tag detail!

Nan G said...

Oh my goodness, Grace! This is stunning! Such a creative idea!

Susan Hogan said...

A wonderful project and so pretty - love the blue. Thanks for playing along at LIIU this month and good luck!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW!!! Grace this is so beautiful!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

OMG Grace stunning work. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU this month, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Wow very creative idea. Love the fan and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at LIIU. Hugs, Velma DTM

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how creative and fun Grace!! I just love it!! Your use of the sing to the Lord flowers, the ovals, and the added tag is genius!! Gorgeous!!!
Thanks for joining and supporting the aqua challenge my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Tina said...

wow this is beautiful...thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful!Love it...very pretty

seamom said...

Beautiful and quite clever! I would be thrilled to have such a fan. Hmmm..... Maybe I could case yours and make my own (:-)

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Clare Curcio said...

How very pretty and cool! Love it, Grace!

Hugs,
Clare

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is so beautiful - the blue really appeals to me, being my favourite colour, and the fan is sublime with all the details.
Blessings
Maxine

craftymum said...

A wonderful project. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Ribbon Challenge

hugs Sarah x

Becky said...

What a gorgeous fan Grace!!

Jo Channon said...

Wow what a lovely design Grace. So delicate looking. Thankyou for entering this into the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good Luck Jo x

Linda said...

Oh wow what an amazing card. One I could use at times. LOL This is one I need to try! Thanks for sharing with us at SSDS.

gwen said...

How creative, and it actually closes as well, very clever and pretty to boot !!!

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thanks for playing with us at Just Some Lines Spring Cleaning!

Love, Laura
ps- don't forget to check out my blog for the extra goody box for my followers (getting close to 100!)

Kelley said...

So pretty!! Love how feminine it is!