Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How about a masculine card?

A-friend

Hello friends!
I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that this week is off to a wonderful start!  Prayers for all those in the areas devastated by the terrible storms of last Friday here in the US! 

I have been enjoying some "grandma" time so have not spent any time in my craft room, but I did want to share a masculine card I had made before I left, using Our Daily Bread Design's NEW sets Sweet Friendship (frame) and Faithful Friend (sentiment).  My base is Mark's Finest Paper, and the dp is K&Co, and the corrugated I have had in my stash forevah! The frame due cut is Spellbinders. I used Memento ink and colored with copics.  I added some fine twine from the jewelry dept of Hobby Lobby, and some Recollections brads to finish this real CAS layout off.  It's so hard for me to keep it simple, and to make it masculine.  Hopefully I achieved that with this one! LOL!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge -  #62 Boyz to Men, Creative Craft Challenges - Boys Will Be Boys, Incy Wincy Designs - Something Old/New, Make it Monday - always Anything Goes,  Paper Pretties -Going Green,  Amusing Challenges - Die Cuts, Paper Sundaes - Green or Good Luck

Thanks so much for stopping by!  My verse today was one I thought I'd share: "The Lord says, 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you".  Ps 32:8 (NLT)  What a precious promise!  May He guide your pathways today!

27 comments:

Basslady said...

this is awesome! i am such a HUGE fan of masculine-cards...they are more my personal favourites, although i am a woman! *LOL*

GREAT job, dear grace!

hugs and kisses and blessings from germany,
silvi xoxo

happyscrapper said...

It is so hard for me to do a male card. Boy girl you rocked it. I love the sentiment and the gorgeous colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy, and i hope to see more of your wonderful work in the future.
Hugz,
Christine DT at Incy Wincy

Carla S. said...

Beautiful masculine card, Grace! I find them so hard, but you've done an amazing job! Wonderful design! Glad you've had some "grandma" time! Hope all else is going well! Hugs!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - nice to hear you are enjoying your Grandies - and love this masculine card! Gorgeous details and love the corrugated card - it is perfect with the gorgeous frame! Thank for the inspiration my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Heide said...

Beautiful card, love the frame. Saw you on MIM.
Hugs, Heide

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,the detail is just super,love the detail,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week,love cherylxxxx

JD/ Jill said...

Awesome Masculine card...nicely done!

Michelle said...

Hi Grace

Your card is just awesome! What a wonderful masculine card. I love the look of the corrugated cardstock.

I have shared your card over at the Pink Paper Paradise facebook page.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Chris said...

Great verse, great colors, great layout = a great card! Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week :)

Nan G said...

Fabulous card! very classy and gentleman-ly.

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

This is a wonderful masculine card. I love the use of corrugated paper and twine with it! The frame in this set is so useful...it will be great for Thanksgiving cards...or people can hang grapes from it and make it an arbor. I love every Verse that came with this set.

The Verse that you shared at the bottom of your post, really was interesting. I woke up praying for that for the members of my family and myself of course.

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Gretchen Wilson said...

hi Grace, this is wonderful, having six men in my life to make cards for this really going to be great one. Love the saying.

Hugs,
Gretchen

Gretchen Wilson said...

hi Grace, this is wonderful, having six men in my life to make cards for this really going to be great one. Love the saying.

Hugs,
Gretchen

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi dearest Grace!! I hooked my card up to Make it Monday and noticed you had posted your card there!! Love it!! It is the perfect masculine card!! Love your coloring of that frame!!
hugs,
Chris
TTYS!

marsha said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the corrugated paper!
Hugs,
Marsha

Shirley-Anne said...

Delightful masculine card and well done not making it too fancy . Love the background, the frame and the sentiment .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

kiwimeskreations said...

You surely have nailed this as a masculine card Grace - it is a stunner!
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Great card. Thanks for the inspiration. I always need some ideas for masculine cards.


Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Gaynor Greaves said...

Hi, I love your card, what a gorgeous layout, thanks for joining us at Anything goes for our Boyz to men challenge, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

Clare said...

What a classy, nice card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely stunningly masculine...love the deep earthiness of the colors an design...wow

sara said...

great guys card love the corrugated layer thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x x

Kelley said...

LOVE this card!!! Perfect for a guy or gal!!

Beverley said...

Grest card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Bev x

Juliet A said...

You have some wonderful textures on this card, very cool! Thanks for playing with Amusing Challenges.

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome card! Love the corrugated paper!