Thursday, May 10, 2012

For the Love of Spellbinder's Compatable Sets!

For the Love of Spellbinder's Compatible Hop Welcome to Our Daily Bread Design's Alumni Team's bi-monthly For the Love Blog Hop. This week the Alumni team along with some of the ODBD designers are featuring a hop, "For the Love of ODBD Spellbinder's Compatible sets" If you got here from Julie's Blog, you are in the right place!  Otherwise simply visit the ODBD blog for the entire list!  Check out each link and leave a comment.  One of the posts is a hop hot spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $15 ODBD store gift certificate. So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love! You have until Wednesday, May, 23rd at 6 pm. The winner will be announced May 24th! 

Now, here is my creation 



 This is a barrette I made using satin fabric, organza fabric, Stazon Ink, and ODBD's Sweet William  and Sweet William Small sets, as well as the Coordinating Spellbinder's Die, Blossom 3.

The layers of white satin were stamped with blue Stazon ink, cut with the blossom 3 die, and I layered in some organza at the same time so the die cut both the satin and organza together for each layer.  I sealed all my edges with a candle.  It gave a bit of a curl to the fabric and lifted the edges of the organza enough to give plenty of dimension as well.  After layering all the layers together, I stitched through the center to hold them all, and then added a few little beads to the center.  On the back I sewed on the barrette.  I then took a ribbon covered hair band and attached the barrette to it, so it can be worn either way... just a barrette, on a hair band, or as a clip on a bag, flip flop.... whatever.  Super easy with these tools!!!




Here are the sets I used:




 

Thanks so much for stopping by.... and now I am the last name on the hop, so why not hop back to the ODBD Blog  and tell us what you thought!  
Blessings,
Grace

40 comments:

Karen W said...

What a gorgeous idea, my granddaughter would love this. Just beautiful!!

Carla S. said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Grace! What a wonderful idea!

Tricia T said...

Wow! That is beautiful, Grace!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Great headband!!! Love the colors :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful flower Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dawn said...

totally awesome, Grace!!!

Unknown said...

Love this idea!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful idea, Grace! Love the multi-layers on fabric. So pretty!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Grace...this is just fabulous! I love it! Hugs ~S~

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, that is about all I can say about this ingenius idea!! Grace, I am blown away by the beauty of this project.... I LOVE it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

kathi17 said...

Wow, beautiful, and so original! What a fun project!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! LOVE this idea and I'm sure that there's a little girl who is going to LOVE it even more!

Brenda said...

What a great idea! I would not have thought of creating a flower for the hair! Thanks for the idea.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are gorgeous Grace!! How creative! Love the colors and design!! Perfect use of the peony stamp and Blossom Three die!!

Bobbie Lynn said...

That is a wonderful way to use that stamp set. Just beautiful and thank you for tips on using satin fabric.

Cards By Jan said...

Grace...this is AWESOME!! I Love your beautiful flower you created!! Just the right colour...such a nifty idea Hun!!
Hugs

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word! GRACE! This is AMAZING! I love the color, the fabric stamping, and the headband look! Fabulous!

Wendy said...

You are multi-talented!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! You are a genius, Gracie girl!!! This is one amazing project!! Thanks for the inspiration.....once I find the courage, I may try one of these for my great-niece!! Love and hugs, Angie

Tkat said...

now that is interesting :)

Nan G said...

Oh WOW! Jaw dropping gorgeous!

Unknown said...

That is just fantastic!

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is gorgeous..what an awesome idea.

Sherry said...

WOW!! very pretty!! love it!!

Pati said...

Wow! Very pretty and creative! What a great use for the stamp and die set, love your use of blue & your details on material & sealing the edges. Very cool effect.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is amazing - it's not often I gasp at something, but I did for this. Stunning, beautiful, elegant... I could carry on and on.
Blessings
Maxine

craftymom205 said...

Cute project.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Marlena M. said...

This is such a great idea Grace! It's beautiful.

Anita Braddock said...

How Gorgeous is this Head band. Love the flower and the colors are Wonderful. love the layering thanks for sharing.

Rozy said...

wow! Didn't know that you could do this with fabric. Its just beautiful.

Christine said...

How very lovely! I am a little intimidated by the idea of sealing the edges with a candle. Your project is so pretty....I am afraid I might scorch the fabric.

Thanks for helping us to think out of the box when using our supplies!

Donna D said...

Very pretty...what a fabulous idea! Can't wait to make some.

Sherry Kushibab said...

Just fabulous Dahling....honestly makes me wish I had a little girl to make this for. Love the creativity and versatility of this project.

Pam D said...

What a great idea! Beautiful creation and thinking outside the box. Sweet! TFS!
pdela-torre@wavecable.com

rlovew said...

Gorgeous headband- I love it!

Kay said...

What young lady would not love to wear this beautiful creation. I would never have thought of using these stamps and dies in this way! Thanks for sharing. I have loved this hop!

Karen Letchworth said...

Just beautiful, Grace. You are so versatile in your crafting. Your work always makes me smile. I hope you're having a great week, and hope your Mother's Day is a special one. I would love, of course, to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday and share your beautiful work with us there. We always enjoy seeing your pretty work.
Blessings to you!
Karen L

Caryn S said...

Now THAT is amazing! I need to do something like this for my girls!

E. Marie said...

Grace, how creative!! This came out so beautiful. Wonderful idea.

Unknown said...

Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful creativity.
spellbinders