Tuesday, November 18, 2014

You're My Shining Star!


Hello friends!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?  LOL!  Well sometimes it feels like I have, but I assure you, I AM still here!  I have been busy making my "Dirty Dozen" cards for November, among other things!  If you are a Fan Club member on Splitcoast Stampers, you can see this month's gallery, including my projects HERE. Since this is something special for Fan club members only,  I'm not allowed to post those photos anywhere else for at least 6 months, but we'd love to have you come by and see what we've been up to this month!

However, today I did get in to my craft room, tried to clean up the mess from November's theme, and put together a couple simple cards.  I'm sure when you look at this card you're thinking this is NOT my style. You'd be right, but  I wanted a card for a boy, and I thought perhaps this month's ODBD release - Shine On along with the custom Sparkling Star Die might work.  I also am sharing just a little smidge of a sneak peek at some new designer paper called the Patriotic Paper Collection, which will be releasing Dec. 1.  I love the fact that a lot of the papers while patriotic in nature, also could be used for other things as well! 

For this card I cut a Sparkling Star die from Night of Navy and the next smaller sized one from silver glitter paper.  I used the sentiment from Shine on and the designer papers were used for the strips (which were cut with an EK Success Punch), as well as the mat. I embossed  the Neenah White layer with a Stars Embossing folder from Darice, and added a few silver flat sequins.  I think this works for a boy's card, don't you?

Well that's it for now.  I know my US friends are all getting geared up for Thanksgiving, and I am as well.  I've got my favors made and ready to put on the table.  If I could only clean now and have it still be clean then.... I'd be all set!  LOL!

Here's today's blessing from the Word:
"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord.  He delights in every detail of their lives."
Ps 37:23 NLT

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I love the way you used the patriotic paper to look almost like ric rac!!
hugs,
Chris

Rosemary said...

I really liked the card and plan to case it for a boy's card soon as I too have that embossing folder and some of the other materials on hand.

ardis said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

wannabcre8tive said...

Very pretty, Grace. I love stars.

Congrats on being a dirty girl.

SarahGeorge said...

Wonderful card Grace! Beautiful star embossing folder! Hope to see you soon :)

Becky said...

Good morning my sister in Christ.. What a fabulous card you created, love the star.
Happy Thanksgiving.

JD/ Jill said...

Great card. I like the design!