Wednesday, December 17, 2014

God's Priceless Gift!


Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a great week!  I had an unwelcome visitor this past weekend... the stomach bug!  I am so glad to say I'm finally starting to feel well again!  Whew!  Glad that's over with!

Anyway... I have not had time to even look at my craft room lately so I'm going to share a "reject" card I made a few weeks ago, not intending to show it here.   I was going for a collage card to tell a story of our Saviors birth, so I loaded quite a few images on here from Our Daily Bread designs.  I began with a Baked Brown Sugar base from SU!.  I stamped the Midnight Clear Background on ivory card stock, then stamped the clock image from God's Timing, and cut with the ODBD Matting Circles dies.  I die cut a Splendorous Star , and stamped two sentiments from the Admit Three Ticket set.  I die cut them with the ticket die that comes in the Mini Tags die set.  I also stamped the image from The Babe,  colored with Copics and Pencils, and cut with a Spellbinders Curved Rectangles die.  I sponged everything with distress ink to age a bit and then simply layered them up.  I loved the sentiments on these two tickets... especially the one that says "God's Priceless Gift ~ free to bearer" 

God's priceless gift to us on that special night, when God Himself came to dwell among us... is beyond my comprehension!  Have you ever thought about what He left in heaven... to come live with us?  He came knowing what He would have to face, and the pain He would suffer!  He came because He loved us and wanted to give us a precious gift we could not earn ourselves!  He wanted us to be able to live in His presence, but  sin had separated us and there was no way we would ever be able to take care of our own sinful state!  There was no way that we could pay for our own sins, and no way we could live a sinless life.  So a substitutionary payment was provided in our perfect Savior... the Light of the World!  His priceless gift is forgiveness of sin and a future with Him in heaven if we will but receive His gift!  It's free to US, but my friends, it was anything but free to Him!  

This Christmas, as we look around the world and see it literally falling apart all around us.... let's focus our minds on eternal things!  This world is groaning with sin, and we are seeing the result of that more and more all around us!  I believe time is short until the Lord returns for His children and takes us home!  The things of this world, while alluring and desirous, are all temporary and leave us feeling empty and looking for more.  Only that precious Gift who came in to the world as a baby born in a stable, wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger in Bethlehem can give our lives eternal meaning!  Only He can cover our sins and remove them as far as the east is from the west, and remember them no more!  Only He can declare us righteous, because of His shed blood on the cross, and His victory over death!  Only He can fill us with peace... He IS our peace, and we can face uncertain tomorrows knowing that we are at peace with God, and we have the peace of God in our hearts knowing our future is secure in Him!  Let's focus on these things and give Him all the thanks, honor and glory due Him!

If I don't post again before Christmas.... I wish you and yours a most Merry Christmas, and a blessed New Year!!!

 


8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Grace, and a wonderful post. Sorry to hear you have not been well, but pleased to hear you are on the mend.
Christmas blessings to you and yours
MAxine

Conniecrafter said...

so sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, let's hope you have it all out of your system and you will be well for Christmas :) Your card is absolutely precious, lovely coloring and design!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Grace, and wonderful words. Hope you're feeling much better! Hugs...

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful and meaningful card. Definitely a priceless gift.
Glad you are feeling better.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lisa Lara said...

What a beautiful card and message sweet Grace. So glad you are feeling better. I think that flu bug found me too, but it hasn't been too bad. Hugs.

Irish Cherokee said...

Hello Grace. I don't know why this would be a reject card it's absolutely beautiful. Love all the colors in the arrangement as well as the symbolisms. Excellent!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Blessings,
Jim

Becky said...

Grace, this is stunning! Love all the little details.

Becky said...

P.S. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. Sending Hugs & blessings :).