Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Sunny Happy Birthday!

ODBD die: Happy Birthday, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello  my friends!  It's been a while!  I hope everyone is doing well!

Today I'm sharing a sunny and bright Happy Birthday card I made using some fun new dies from Our Daily Bread designs, that will be released Feb. 1!  This  Happy Birthday die set is soooo fun to use and I thought this background that I had made earlier was the perfect "sunny" background for them.  To make it, I used watercolor paper (140 lb) and sponged on stripes of Distress Inks, then with a wet brush I blended them until I like the look.  I splattered some clean water on and then let it dry.  Once dry I used a hand made acetate stencil I had made by punching various sized circles from the acetate, and I sponged on white pigment ink in varying intensities to get that faux Bokeh effect.  I die cut the balloons from scraps of designer paper  from the ODBD Blooming Garden Collection, and the words from a scrap of So Saffron.  I cut the watercolor panel with a SB Curved Rectangle die and adhered to my white base, then adhered the various pieces.  The balloons themselves are popped up on dimensionals, and the letters are painted with clear Wink of Stella glitter pen. LOVE it but can't get a photo that shows the shimmer.

Anyway... keeping it short today, but here is God's Blessing from the Word for today:

Ps 130:1-2

Out of the depths I cry to  you oh Lord!
Oh Lord, hear my voice,
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!


8 comments:

Becky said...

I am loving this card Grace! Wonderful colors and love the sentiment.. Can not wait until Feb 1 to see the rest.

Traci M said...

This is beautiful, Grace!! I love the watercolor effect and bokeh with that die cut...too fun!! Hope you are doing well, friend!!

Pamela Haskin said...

I love your card! Such pretty colors! I especially like the die-cut words. I've been looking for some like this. Can't wait until we get to see the whole collection.

Lisa Lara said...

Happy indeed Grace. Wow. Love that beautiful background panel.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so creative Grace!! I just love the technique you used!! I so have to try that!! What a fun and beautiful card my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Rosemary said...

I really like your card, Grace. Thanks for taking the time to explain how you did it. i will put that technique on my list of things to try. i liked your color choices too.

Keep up the good work!

SarahGeorge said...

Wonderful card Grace!! Beautiful water colouring and the dies you've used are so beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is fabulous - so elegant and yet cheerful. I trust you and yours are keeping well.
Blessings
Maxine