Monday, January 12, 2015

Where Words Fail, Music Speaks

ODBD stamps: Music Speaks, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello my friends!  I hope you have all enjoyed a wonderful weekend and are staying well in this epidemic flu season! 

Well we have been busy at our house, making repairs after a roof leak and laying new flooring in all our bedrooms!  We had planned on laying hardwood floors before the roof problem and had purchased the wood, but had waited to get started until my hubby was going to be off work for the week between Christmas and New Years.  So... while other workers were here doing other things like putting on a new roof, fixing dry wall inside, and painting, hubby and I have been hard at work getting the flooring down.  We have all the bedrooms done now except for the closets.   I'm loving the new look and I think it will really help with allergy symptoms, or I hope so at least!  :)

Anyway... with my SCS Dirty Dozen cards, and all the home projects, I have not had a lot of crafting time, but today I did manage to get in to my craft room for a little while, and this is what I came up with.  I used this month's Music Speaks stamp set, as well as the ODBD Blushing Rose Paper Collection, Vintage Labels, and Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies.  The trim is Recollections, and I used a Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags die for my sentiment, and cut off one side of the fancy frame.  The image is stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and then colored with pencils.  I then played around with the faux Bokeh technique found HERE.  I used Faber Castel Gelatos in pink and gold and the eraser on my mechanical pencil to stamp little circles on my background.  I used my finger dipped in the gold to add a touch of shimmer to the whole panel, and especially along the edges.  I also went over parts of the image with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen and I just wish the camera could capture shimmer because it never seems to really show it, especially on dark days like today!

Anyway... I love this new set and I had fun playing with something a little different for it.  I hope it inspires you in some way to have fun with different techniques too!   

Today's Blessing from the Word:

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love your colors and the use of the gold to give it a shimmery look.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Grace - love the soft look the images have when you stamp them in the brown tones.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

It sounds like you have been very busy.. I love hardwood floors and I bet yours look great.
Gorgeous card.

SarahGeorge said...

Such a sweet card with sweet sentiment and embellishments Grace. Good that you got some time for crafting among this busy schedule of yours :).

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your Faux Bokeh technique!! Such a sweet and beautiful card!! Your use of dies, papers and colors is gorgeous!! Gorgeous my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Gingi said...

This is beautiful I wish I had this kind of talent!! And love that you add a Word of God to each post!!

Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger, and just thought I would stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same... or better yet, keep in touch!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, you have indeed been one busy gal! Praise God for how He has providing for the roof repairs and the new flooring...just pray that you and Al don't overdo too much!

I totally love your beautiful card, and I agree that the Bokeh technique you've used is beautiful and really coordinates so well with the DP! And how I love a beautiful and delicate bow!! Warm hugs sweet friend, and thanks for sharing another inspiration and a wonderful Scripture passage! God is so good!

Melanie R said...

Just lovely!