Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Sneak Peek to bring you some spring!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!  I don't know about where you live, but here we are having some real winter weather!  I think after the very cold weather, and now the snow, we are all ready to see spring come!  

Today... I hope I can give you just a little sneak peek not only at some spring weather, but also at a couple new stamps coming your way Mar. 1 from Our Daily Bread Designs.  This card uses a new background stamp called Christ the Lord Background.  I also used a sentiment from a new set called Happy Resurrection Day.  

For the background, I used Memento tear drops to dab on black ink for the musical score, and then two shades of green rocked and rolled on to the border.  I then colored in the open design florals with Copics, and highlighted with Spica Pens.  I stamped the sentiment from Happy Resurrection Day on vellum, using Stazon ink.  I tore the vellum, then wrapped around a piece of card stock and added the floral spray.  The ribbon is from my local stamp store and the flowers are Wild Orchid. I also did a little piercing in the corners for texture and interest.  It's a simple card, but I do like how it came out.  I hope you do too!  I hope you'll come back on March 1st to see the whole release and maybe even win some stamp cash!  

Meantime... here is today's blessing from the Word:

Rom. 8:27
"He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."  Isn't this a comforting thought?  We often don't know how to pray, but we have an intercessor who does! 

Have a wonderful day!!!

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Melanie R said...


I love your cards. They are so lovely! I view your blog but don't usually comment. This card is especially meaningful to me as that is my favorite Easter hymn. On March 1, I will be placing an order at ODBD designs. Easter is a bit early this year so I must get my cards started! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace! Love the flowers.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Grace. Love the way you have used colour on the background stamp.
Blessings
Maxine

Pamela Haskin said...

So pretty! Can't wait to see the whole release!

Lorrayne Ingram said...

This looks like a great stamp set. I wNt to see ,ore. Beautiful card.

Conniecrafter said...

pretty background stamp and such lovely coloring, your flower arrangement is a lovely addition to it!

Stampin Dawg said...

Love your card! Can't wait until tomorrow to order the new release at ODBD. You have the perfect mix of colors, textures & glam on your card. The flowers are perfect & I will definitely need some of them to recreate this masterpiece. Thank you for the creative inspiration.

Pattyb said...

Grace, I love your cards. Your love of God comes out so strong in your cards, and I appreciate that so much! This card today is especially inspiring! Thanks for sharing your gifts with us.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Gorgeous card. I am glad that He is risen!