Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Friends are Flowers in the Garden of Life!

Hello friends!  I hope all is well with you and yours!

I'm sharing a card today that I made using an ODBD sentiment from the Zinnia set, and a Power Poppy Digi called Countryside Bouquet.

Power Poppy has a monthly challenge  called Power and Spark.  This month's challenge is "The Sky's the Limit"- find inspiration from the sky... whether it's a beautiful sunset or sunrise, a cloudless blue, snowy gray or whatever you see where you live.  Well... my house faces west and I do get to enjoy some gorgeous colors as the sun is going down!  I was so inspired by the colors that Rhea recently used with this image, that when I saw the sunset out my window, I knew I was going to use her basic color scheme and technique!  There are hues of blues, orange, violet and yellow... perfect representation of a NC sunset!

I have not done a lot with digis, so I played around with this one to make a corner treatment from part of the larger bouquet.    I did not add a second bouquet as Rhea did, and my layout is totally different, but I did try to use her incredible technique for coloring my background. Using copics,   I did a watercolor technique around the flowers, making lots of dots in blue and violet, then an empty copic filled with rubbing alcohol as a blender pen to soften it and blend them slightly.  Then I masked the image and moved my Memory Box stencil around while airbrushing in the two colors.  I then used my alcohol marker to blend that and soften it still more until I got the effect I wanted.

I cut the image with Spellbinders Nobel Rectangle, matted with Majestic Labels 8, and mounted on a soft sky base.  I added a sentiment from ODBD, a strip of K&Co paper lace, and some blue crystals.  I also used my opaque white copic ink to brush on just a tad here and there for highlights.

I really had a ball coloring this!  I've been longing to color some pretty florals, and this was my happy time for sure!

Here are the Copics I used: BG91,97, 10; BV20, 00;  YR12,10; R39; YG03,17,67; Y11,13,19; E37,31; and the Opaque White

As always.... thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Today's blessing from the Word has been such a comfort to me during those difficult times we all face at some point or another.  This particular one was given to me when my father died in 1973, and I found such comfort in it then, and it's been a go to  Scripture ever since!  I have often felt those everlasting arms supporting me!

Deut. 33:27
"The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."


15 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! Your coloring is so life like and gorgeous!! I just love the blue background. Gorgeous design. Wishing I had time to stamp for fun..maybe on the weekend!
hugs,
Chris
TTYT!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Absolutelly stunning Grace!

Bobbi Miller said...

Grace, this is stunning! I love your coloring and the layering is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs

Lorrayne Ingram said...

This beautiful!

Becky said...

This is just stunning Grace! Those flowers are colored beautifully. Love all the pretty little details.

Lisa Lara said...

oh my goodness Grace, this is such a beauty. WOW. Love how you used the Power Poppy digi.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my, such lovely coloring!!! and a wonderful background to top it off!

ChristineCreations said...

It’s just beautiful Grace! A perfect image for the sky challenge too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! I've always had a special fondness for your stamping style and this is why. Gorgeous and expertly crafted! Beautiful coloring! I'm so glad to see it in our Power & Spark Challenge, Grace.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing using the technique Rhea uses! And your colors are so striking! Beautiful card, sweet friend! I love it! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is amazing - love your colouring, it just blows me away it is so beautiful. The whole card is a stunner.
Yes, I love that scripture too.
Blessings
Maxine

April said...

This is gorgeous and the coloring is great! Love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Grace!! This is Gorgeous!! Your coloring is exquisite, and I love the softly textured background! What a beautiful card!

Dawn B. said...

This is stunning Grace. I love the way you added that fantastic background. I am ready for some warm flower weather. Talk to you soon.

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is gorgeous! Your coloring is outstanding and I love love the CAS design. Your blooms take center stage! Thanks for playing in our Power and Sparkle Challenge this Month.