Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Little Sneak Peek and some family fun!

Hello my friends!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?  LOL!  I'm so sorry I have neglected my blog this month, but I've been enjoying visits from my family in CA, as well as my daughter's family from TN.  I had family here for 18 days and we just had a blast!  It's such a special time when we can get together because being 3000 miles apart from much of my family means it doesn't happen very often, so when it does, it's extra special!

Anyway... I did want to share a sneak peek with you, at some of the great new products being released Aug. 1 by Our Daily Bread designs!


This card uses a brand new background die set called Boho Background Dies as well as a new Word Die set: Faith, Hope & Love. It also uses new ODBD Ovals and Stitched Ovals.   I LOVE these dies!!!  I used some past releases for this card as well.  I used Fragrance, (which is included in this month's release) to heat emboss the floral image  in white on the silver background as well as on the sentiment panel.  I also used a past set, but still listed as available, Love.   I used this verse but inked up all of it except the word love with VersaMark and heat embossed in silver, then I cut the word Love from the new Faith, Hope & Love die set twice, once in white and once in silver for a soft offset effect.  I used the the new Boho Background die, cut from white to overlay my silver layer.  I heat embossed three little butterflies from the Butterfly & Bugs stamp set and cut with the matching Butterfly & Bugs Die set.  I simply added silver pearls and a silver sheer ribbon for a simple, fairly flat card that could be perfect for many occasions, including an anniversary, wedding or just a Scripture card of encouragement.

I thought I'd share a few pics of our July family get together.  I regret I don't have one photo with everyone at once, but still the memories are precious. 

Lauren, Brian, Matthew, Madelyn, Monica 

Catching Bubbles on the beach
Just preciousness!


Madelyn, Brian, Matthew, Monica 

My hubby with Madelyn 

Brian showing Nathan how it's done

Nathan in his awesome jump 

At our daughter's house in TN
Nathan is just great with kids!  I know he'll make a great dad one day, and that will make me 
one happy great-grandma! :)
Making a sun catcher with Madelyn.  She is so gifted artistically and musically!
She knows all the words to all the songs in Frozen and sings with beautiful pitch and amazing tonal quality for a 4 1/2 year old!  

Monica and Madelyn at the playground.  Two beautiful young ladies!

Couldn't catch everyone... but... dinner after church at our favorite Chinese Restaurant

4th of July fun 

Lauren, Grandpa and our Son in Law, Darrell

Fireworks on our shore 

Watching fireworks on the lake from the boat.  I had problems with my camera shutter speed so missed most of the display, but it's always amazing to sit in the middle of the lake and watch fireworks in all directions.  Poor Madelyn kept her ears covered the whole night, but she still loved it.

 One more boat ride

 My hubby with my sister who arrived the day after Brian and his family went home.
This is on the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway very late in the day - almost dark!

My sister Lois and I got to spend 10 beautiful days together!  Special times!
So thankful to God for my family and the love we have for each other and for Him!  
We are truly blessed!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some of my fun memories with me!

I hope you'll be back Aug 1 to see the entire ODBD release!  

Blessings,


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Grace - love the silver and white combination with the gold embossed verse.
Family times are so special - your Madelyn is similar age to my grand daughter Lydia, and she also knows and sings the Frozen songs, in tune :-).
We have been blessed with our immediate family moving back to where we live, so see our grand children regularly - bliss!
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous card Grace and so glad to see you had such a wonderful time with family, that is always so precious, especially when we live so far from them!!

Sillyfilly said...

This is a beautiful card. I love that scripture. Your pictures are wonderful. Its so great to spend time with family.

hugs,
Sylvia

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card! I love all the new dies, and you've used them beautifully! The sentiment from "Love" is still a favorite of mine, and it's beautiful inside the oval. And how gorgeous with the butterflies. Stunning card, my friend! And what fun you had with all the family. Sounds like a busy and fun time for all. And how precious that you had a full ten days with your sister! What a blessing! You look so sweet together! Hugs, sweet friend! It was so nice to see your post in my email!

Clare Curcio said...

Grace, your card is beautiful! I love the colors and layout.

Family time is so important, and to be treasured! My son and his wife just moved to Albuquerque, NM this past weekend, so they could be closer to her daughter who is very ill and on the heart/lung transplant list. They don't think they will choose her for the transplant because she has lupus, which is the cause for her damaged heart & lungs. We will really miss them, but the time they have together now is more important.

I'm so glad to see more of your gorgeous work!

Clare

JoAnn said...

So gorgeous. Love the beautiful elements of your card.
Glad you had a great family time.