Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The fragrance of His never ending love!


Hello friends!  I hope you all are well and enjoying this bit of end of summer ! 
I had a few spare minutes and decided to make a quick card to share with you.  I used some of the new products available at Our Daily Bread Designs, along with a past release, Fragrance.  I can't seem to get enough of that set!!!  The flowers and sentiment are from the Fragrance set, and I paired them with some new dies: BoHo Background Dies, Stitched Ovals, Faith, Hope & Love Dies, and a past favorite release, Layered Lacey Squares.  The design paper is from the ODBD Chalkboard Paper Collection, and a scrap of pink from my stash.  The beautiful flowers are colored with Copics and hand cut.   It was fun to make this one and it came together quickly, which always helps! :)

So I was reflecting on "the fragrance of God's never ending love", and it started me thinking.... what is the fragrance that pleases God?  

I came across Eph. 5:1-2
"Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

God was pleased with the  sacrifice Christ made when He willingly gave His life for the sins of the world...  and it was as a fragrant offering.  We're told to love and walk in love just as Christ did.  I think this includes being willing to sacrificially give of ourselves, whether it's our time, our money, our resources.... when we love others sacrificially, I think that's a fragrance that's pleasing to God.

I do wish you the fragrance of God's never ending love!

9 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The color combination and the lattice background is awesome
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I agree with you...this set is a favorite. And what a gorgeous card with the striking flowers you've fussy cut and placed over the lattice. And the "love" die that you've layered is perfect with it and this wonderful sentiment. Thank you for sharing such beautiful thoughts of how we should live, as Christ lived and gave Himself up as a fragrant offering to His Father. Hugs, sweet friend!

Robin Clendenning said...

So pretty Grace! I love the black and white with the gorgeous pink! Your flowers are colored so beautifully and your Love is wonderful! Beautiful precious friend!

Elaine M said...

Lovely card and wonderful sentiment - thanks

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Grace - love the die cut over the patterned paper.
Thank you for your thoughts on the fragrance that pleases God. i concur with you.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Lara said...

WOW this card is just so beautiful Grace. So many elegant details. I love your flowers, and dies.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love how the pink just pops from your pretty b&w background!!

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Grace...What a beautiful, striking card...Love it...and the pretty pink flowers are so awesome...I must get that set on my wish list...oh wait....it IS on my wish list....lolol

Heather T said...

Your black and white background is so elegant when paired with the pinks. Beautifully coloured flowers too.