Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Best Wishes!

ODBD products: Wishing Well, Double Stitched Circle Dies, BoHo Background Dies, Pennant Dies, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!   I hope you are all well!

I have been doing a little bit over the past several days to create a card.  Never realized before how much strength it takes to make one little simple card but it seems that way to me right now!  I have good news though!  I am half way through my chemo and am counting down the last 10 weeks with joy, knowing that I'm half way there!  Thanking the Lord for giving me the strength to make it this far, and although I am weak and dragging, I am still chugging along, so all thanks goes to the Lord for that!!!  I so appreciate all your prayers, messages, emails and cards!!!  Thank you!
This card was created with the January release from Our Daily Bread designs, Wishing Well.  I had fun coloring it with Copics, and although I started out trying for a masculine card, I did an about face part way through and added some flower soft and pink paper so I guess it really doesn't qualify any more for masculine, but that's how it goes sometimes!  I stamped the image with a soft brown ink as I wanted to just color it lightly with  monochromatic color tones.  However, that too changed as I went along.  
Anyhow... the image is cut with the ODBD Double Stitched Circles Dies, and the sentiment is cut with the Pennant Dies.  I used just a corner of a die cut from the BoHo Background Die, and I used the Rustic Beauty Paper Collection (not currently available) on a blushing bride mat, and that on a Soft Suede base.  I let the design paper do most of the work and only embellished with a tiny May Arts bow, and the flower soft, which is from a Fuschia Mix.  
It felt good to create a card this week!  I don't get down to my basement studio very often lately, but this was a little bit of happy for me this week!  Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look!  It's so appreciated!!!

IS. 41:10
Do Not Fear, for I am with you!  Do not be dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Thank you Lord,

18 comments:

Dottie said...

Hi Grace:
I just got that stamp the other day in our Mail I love it. wish I could afford all of them LOL . Hope you are feeling better. Now on to this CARD it is beautiful but I never expect less from you. you are on amazing lady even not feeling well you are still doing an amazing job on you're cards.

Sending Prayers you're way

Hugs
Dottie

Joey said...

Grace this is just beautiful, that backing paper is fantastic. Jo x

Francie G. said...

This is beautiful, Grace! Beautifully colored! You may be dragging but you can still create beauties! You are one amazing lady! Prayers!

Pamela Haskin said...

A very lovely card, as always! And, yay- only 10 weeks of treatment to go. You remain on my prayer list. Good bless you and give you more strength every day.

Pamela Haskin said...

A very lovely card, as always! And, yay- only 10 weeks of treatment to go. You remain on my prayer list. Good bless you and give you more strength every day.

Sister Sandie said...

Dearest Grace, I've been catching up with all my blogs and have only just become aware of your health struggle. Please forgive my delay in wishing you a full and speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight And my love is winging its way to you via snail mail x x x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi my sweet friend!! So thankful you were able to finish your card. I know it has taken you a while but it is gorgeous!! I just love your coloring of the wishing well and the pairing of it with that wood designer paper. Beautiful!! So thankful you are halfway done and praying that you are doing well after your treatments this past Tuesday. We both know your strength is from the Lord and He will carry you through. HUGS! TTYS!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Grace! What a surprise to see a beautiful card with this sweet wishing well! I'm so glad you were able to ever so slowly make this card and even get down to visit your basement studio (your happy place). I praise God that you are halfway through your chemo and that He continues to give you strength, encouragement, and courage through this difficult chemo treatment. You know I am among the many who continue to pray for you daily and praise God for how He uses all that He brings into our lives for His glory and purpose. May God continue to bless you and your dear family as you all travel this road God is leading you on! I love you dearly, precious friend!

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Grace, your card is beautiful, as always. And I am so happy to hear you are at the half way mark, and even though you're struggling, it's so good to see that you are able to make a card at times. The creativity that God gives us, always makes us feel better too. Thank you for giving us an update. I will continue to say prayers for you, that you get through the last 10 weeks even better than the first. And that God heals you completely. Much love and hugs.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

I am so happy to see you feeling good enough to make a card! And what a gorgeous card it is too! You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers! Love you sweet friend!

stampingbowd said...

Oh, my! I have chills. This is soooo incredibly beautiful. I think you are amazing! I am so glad you were able to create a little and share your beauty with us. Love and hugs.

Debby said...

What a beautiful card. I'm praying for you.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the wishing well and pretty papers.
So glad you are half way through your treatments. Praying for you.

Diane Noble said...

It's beautiful, Grace! What a sweet image...and so like you to be thinking of others in spite of your current challenges. I'm so glad you felt like doing it. You are a blessing my friend.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful to 'see' you here, ear Grace, and to know that you are half way through the Chemo!!
Your card is beautiful - simple, elegant and beautiful.
Blessings and prayers
Maxine

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your sweet tiny flowers are the well base and in the bucket too! Such a sweet card and love the paper and die cuts too!
You are in my thoughts and prayers sweet friend!

Kelley said...

So glad you were able to make a card. I hope you enjoyed making it as much as I enjoy gazing upon it!! Gorgeous!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, the paper is a great back drop for you well which you have colored very nicely!!
So good to hear you are at the half way point and although things are slower to get accomplished that you still are able!