Tuesday, February 9, 2016

An Update....a Thank You... and Continuing to Trust in the Lord!


Hello my friends! I hope you are all well!  I know I have not posted in quite a while, and many are wanting an update.  I decided to share another real quick journal entry in my Journaling Bible, and then share an update with you on my health.

First off... this is another of the Our Daily Bread designs Bible Journaling Stamps, Your Heart. I simply stamped it with Memento ink (which does ghost just a bit on the back of the paper), and then colored with Prisma pencils.  I added a sticker from a Tim Holtz pad that simply says trust.  This is a life verse for many, and so appropriate for every one of us every day!  I decided to keep this one simple and uncluttered.  What I love about journaling is that you can always go back and add more as the Lord inspires you!

By way of update... I just had my 13th week of chemo, and I have 6 to go (Lord willing)!!!  I have had a lot of heart issues the past two weeks.  My heart has been racing like I was exercising at a top target rate for my age, only I'm sitting in a chair! My blood pressure also has been jumping all over the place, so last week I had a couple tests, and today when I went for chemo I got good news that all looked good on the tests.  That said, I have some meds that have helped with the blood pressure but the racing heart is still with me... just to keep things interesting I guess.  Anyway... the reason this was so concerning to me besides the discomfort, was that one of the biologically targeted drugs I get does cause heart failure in a  percentage of people, especially in my age range,  and also when in combination with other chemo's (I'm on a total of 4).  I really did not want to go off this medication as it's the one I'm supposed to get weekly for a year, and is specifically targeted to the type of cancer I have and the receptor that feeds it.  Sooooo we have been praying for wisdom for my Dr. as he reviewed my tests and decided whether to continue this medication.  Today's results gave the good news that it is not heart failure caused by this drug and it is OK to continue with it.  Thank you Lord!!!

I will still have to watch what's going on with my heart and while the Dr says it is a side effect of one of the chemo's I am on, medications for it have really only helped with the blood pressure.  My heart is still pitter pattering along at a pretty good clip.  So that continues to be a prayer request.  If it does not go away when I finish my chemo then I will need to have a full cardiac work up and of course if it gets worse before then I will have to do that any way.  I don't share all this for any reason other than to  update you and ask you to be praying specifically for what's going on right now.  I DO believe in the power of prayer!!!  I've seen Him work time and time again, and I know He is working now as well... and it's all for His glory!

I have so many blessings in my life I can hardly count them!  These past couple months have been tough... there's been the good, the bad and  the ugly.... but the blessings far outnumber the ugly! I have realized I have soooo many friends who truly care, and who have come up with some of the most amazing and creative ways to let me know that!  From meals, to gift cards to help with meals, to gifts too numerous to mention:  cards that cover my dining room table when laid out... audio books to listen to when my eyes just can't focus, Christian music to minister to my soul, devotionals and novels to read, hand made afghans and chemo caps, special lotions that truly help with my chemo damaged skin and nails,  wall plaques, flowers, hand made jewelry, a beautiful wooden cross, and so much more!!!  I truly have been brought to tears by the thoughtfulness and love each one has shown me!

I have been blessed with phone calls and visits, and I have to also thank my family for all they are doing to help me!  My daughter Christy, and my granddaughter Lauren come often to help drive me to chemo, and they help clean my house while they are here!  My hubby is also supportive in every way he can and I don't know what I'd do without them all!  Those special texts from my 18 year old grandson bring tears to my eyes.... what a special time this has been for our entire family as we have realized how important it is to say I love you today... often... because tomorrow is not promised! 

I also am so blessed by the ARMY of prayer warriors who are faithfully praying for me, and let me know that!  I really consider prayer to be the most precious gift of all!  When the world says it's impossible.... that's when the our GOD shows His power and glory!  He IS the God of the impossible!!!  I have felt those prayers and I know He is working in my body every day, and He is carrying me through this with very little anxiety or fear!  When those feelings do creep in, I read His Word and pray, and He floods me with comfort! 

Finally... I am thankful for you... my blogging friends!  Knowing you are praying for me brings much encouragement to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

May you be blessed with His richest blessings!

18 comments:

JoAnn said...

So encouraged by your post. Praise God for all his blessings. Prayers for you and the family too.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, precious Grace, thank you for the update! Praise God for how He has so wonderfully provided for you with such a dear and loving family and for the many friends who have been able to provide things and -- most of all -- prayer! Prayer is so powerful, and it draws us to Himself and reminds us that He and He alone is in control and can do miracles and provide the strength and comfort needed to you - and to your wonderful and dear family! What a blessing! Warm and tender hugs, sweet and dear friend. AND, I so love your Bible art page. It's definitely been my life's verse from when I was young and my grandmother asked me about one. And I know it's one that will put you in good stay at this point. Praying for you, sweet and dear friend! I love you! xoxo

Bobbi Miller said...

Grace, thank you for this precious update. I pray for you every day and I'm so glad to see the Lord is with you during this difficult time. I will continue my prayers, especially for your heart issues. That has to be scary, I'm sure. But you know God will see you through this. Even though we've never met, I feel I know you. May God's love shine on you, and your entire family. Hugs & Blessings....

Teresa Kline said...

Grace, I had no idea that you have been going through the health issues. My prayers, thoughts, and hugs to you. You are such an inspiration, thank you so much....keep your faith strong and keep looking to Him in all things!

hugs *~*

79Luv2scrap said...

Grace, you truly are a prayer warrior, and I am praying for you to have strength to endure all you are going thru. And for healing. God is there holding you all the time and giving you peace with this. Take care and blessings upon you.

bensarmom said...

Grace, the verse you posted in your Bible is my life verse. Trusting in the Lord isn't as easy as it sounds. You know that for sure. I've been praying that God would surround you with people who can give you all you need. Sounds like God's doing that. Thank you for specifics to pray for now. In those times when it's especially hard, picture yourself in God's arms cradling you and loving you. Picture Him making you stronger and bringing you closer to him more than ever. He is changing lives through this. Think of how many people have been touched by this. You'll never know how many but remain faithful in your closeness to God. You're his champion and he loves you so very much. Hugs and more prayers coming your way.
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

God is so good, and thank you for the update - you are in my prayers. It is good to have specific prayer needs when there is 'stuff' going on, so thank you for sharing so specifically
Blessings
Maxine

stampingbowd said...

Thank you so much for the update. Racing heartbeats are very uncomfortable and scary. I am glad that all the tests showed you look good. Praying for you, dear friend. Your Bible journaling is beautiful. You are in my houghts and prayers

Jerri Jimenez said...

Thank you so much for updating us Grace. You're in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you Lord the tests came back okay. I'm praying your heart issue subsides and you're given some relief. You're so brave dear friend, my hero. God is with you, feel his gentle strength and love for you. Sending warm hugs!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you came in with this update, will for sure be praying that the heart will stop it's racing and the Lord continues to give wisdom to the Doctors as they take care of you. So thankful you have so many people taking care of you and lifting you up at this time, continued prayers from me.

Robin Clendenning said...

So happy to hear the update Grace, I think of you all the time!! You can believe that I say a prayer when your precious name enters my head!! I am looking forward to that day when you update to say that the cancer is comepletely gone!! Yay! What a day that will be! In the mean time, I will keep on praying for healing, for comfort, for peace!
I love you Grace!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi sweet friend!! While I emailed you today, I had to leave a message hear as well!! You know how much you are near and dear to my heart and how you are in my prayers. I thank God for allowing you to keep on with the treatments and for the test results that allow you to do so. I am continuing to pray!! God is good! You are such a blessing and testimony of God's faithfulness as are Al, Christy, Lauren and Nathan and the many who continue to hold you up in prayer. While it hurts so to see you going through such pain and suffering, I can see God working through you! As you know, that verse you have shared is my fave and such a motto to live by!!

TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh...forgot to say, your Bible journaling page is beautifully done!! A work of Art!!
hugs,
Chris

Susan Lankford said...

Grace, your journaling artwork is just beautiful! Thank you so much for your update...God has given you so many prayer warriors for encouragement!

JD/ Jill said...

Your bible journaling page is wonderful. Nicely done.
Thank you so much for the update...You are still in our thoughts and definitely in our prayers...God Bless...Jill

Lenoria said...

Grace, I am praying for you and just want you to know you are such a blessing even thru all this when we want to give you love and support you are giving us the wonder of your strength and understanding! You are so loved by so many.

Karen Letchworth said...

Dear sweet Grace:
God is SO good! I stopped by hoping to read an update, and I am encouraged by your words. Just knowing that God is in control, and that His name is being praised and glorified in the process.....That's the WHOLE point. Thanks for the update. I continue to pray faithfully, and I trust that God has you ALWAYS in the palm of His mighty hand. Prayers will continue. Love, hugs, and prayers to you, my dear friend and sister in the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Karen Letchworth

Irish Cherokee said...

I just had to jump out to your blog and see how you are doing. You are on my daily prayer list. The list is actually a book with many, many names in it that I pray over daily called "One Day At A Time". I also asked a prayer chain to pray for you. I also KNOW prayer works. That is a first hand statement. You are in the best of hands with Him.

Thank you, my dear friend, for the update. Prayer will be offered daily on your behalf.

Love, Major Hugs and Blessings

Jim