Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Love You to Pieces!


Hello friends!  I'm so happy I was able to make another card using the Our Daily Bread Designs April new release before having my surgery!  As I post this, I am preparing to have surgery tomorrow afternoon.  I am totally at peace with the decisions I have made for my surgery, and am not anxious at all!  In fact I am looking forward to finally getting this cancer out of my body and moving on to the next phase!

I used Quilted with Love for my sentiment, and the Log Cabin Quilt Die to create my "corner" treatment.  I offset that with a die from the ODBD  Decorative Corner Die set, and I cut the sentiment with an ODBD Mini Tag Die.  I matted everything with Neenah Solar White 140 lb card stock and the patterned papers are from the new Americana Quilt Collection.  Quick and simple but I am really loving this new quilt die!  I hope to get the rest as soon as I'm back up and able to create again.

This journey with cancer, chemo, surgery and soon radiation has really offered many special blessings along the way, in spite of the difficult times!  One of those blessings has been how many people have stepped up to help us in some way,  and whom I truly do love to pieces!!!  Words can't even begin to express my gratitude to my family and friends for all they have done to help during this time!  I have a feeling I will be writing thank you notes for a long time to come and still won't be able to thank everyone!!!  Friends and neighbors have brought us meals,  given gift cards to restaurants so my hubby can pick up a to go order on days I'm not up to cooking,  sent innumerable gifts and hand made treasures from the heart which have nourished our bodies, our souls and our spirits, blessed us with visits, calls, cards, and most especially prayers!  How can I ever thank them enough?  I really can't, but I can try... and that is with just a simple word of thanks and love to all the wonderful people who have blessed us so!  If you are among those who have been praying for me... please accept my note of gratitude and love!!!  I truly feel blessed beyond measure!!!  

Hugs! 

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Precious Grace, I love YOU to pieces and also love this beautiful "quilt" card. I love how you've used the new dies and papers with this month's quilt and sewing theme. Walt and I (and our small group) are praying for you and asking God for a good night's sleep for you and Al and that God (our Great Physician) will guide the hands of the surgeon and all those attending to him and to you. Praying for peace and comfort. Know that i love you dearly and that God continues to bring you to mind as a reminder to pray for you! Tender hugs! xoxo

Unknown said...

Sweet Grace....so glad you have the strength to be up and about to make this beautiful quilt card before your surgery. You are in in the best of hands for your surgery, our God is a Big God and He is The Great Physician. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
Love you my sweet friend.

kiwimeskreations said...

Praying all goes well with your surgery Grace.
Love this pretty card and all the die cuts
Blessings
Maxine

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Grace, it is I, and us, who thank YOU for being YOU. Prayers and continued love for this part of your journey. I am so happy to hear you are ok with the surgery, and I have no doubt that God will keep you in His loving arms, and your family as well. Thank you for all you do for us...sharing your story and your journey. It's an honor to be included. Rest up and my love to you always. BIG hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is lovely! Jim and I have been praying for you today...for your surgery and quick healing after. God Bless, Jill

Melissa T. said...

Thinking of you Grace and praying for your healing and comfort.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I continue to think and pray for you sweet Grace!! I am so glad you made it through the surgery and continue pray for quick healing. I miss talking with you! You are always in my thoughts. I know you are in God's hand...the great physician. There is no better place to be.

I just love the card you have created with the log cabin die and the paper!! Such a beautiful design!! You never cease to amaze me with your talent even when you are not feeling well or having other things on your mind. God is good!!

HUGS~
Chris

Lucy E. said...

You continue to bless with such lovely cards!
May God bless you with his healing grace and strength in the next phase of your journey to wellness.

JoAnn said...

Such a lovely card and a lovely post.
Prayers for surgery and for quick healing. May God continue to bless you and give you comfort and peace.

Robyn said...

Dearest Grace, I have not been online in the blogging world, nor spent much time in my crafty space lately. I believe it is Christ's intervention to send me here today. Adding my prayers to the chorus already before Him, for your health.. Roby