Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Christmas Cards Featuring the ODBD Holy Night Dies

 Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this  fall season!

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made using some of the new products at Our Daily Bread designs.  For the card above, I used the new Christmas Card Collection 2016 for the background of my card.  I love this paper, and the nativity scene on the paper, done in black, makes a wonderful "shadow" for my die cut Holy Night die that I cut from white card stock.  The sentiment is from the new Christmas Note set, cut with a Pierced Oval die, and the angel is popped up on that panel.  My base layers are all cut with the ODBD Pierced Rectangle dies.  This is one of my favorite cards for mass producing.  It went together quick and easy yet it doesn't feel that simple, perhaps because all the white Holy Night images are popped up. That doesn't really show in the straight on photo, but I do like how it came out.... and quick is always good!!!

For the card below, I used the same Holy Night die, but cut it from black.  I also cut a Pierced Rectangles frame to sort of spotlight it.  The paper is from the ODBD Christmas Paper Collection 2014 and was one of my favorites!  I added hills to the background by cutting white card stock with the Leafy Edged Border dies.  I cut two die cuts of the Merry Christmas Border.... one from white and one from black so I could shadow the text.  I sponged my hills and edges of the card and adhered it o a white base with a thin black mat.  Tiny crystals and crystal star finished it off.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed these samples.  I am really loving this month's release!  

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely cards Grace - love your varied use of the die cut. I have just ordered this die!!
Blessings
Maxine