Monday, October 10, 2016

Christmas Cards with ODBD Christmas Note set


Hello friends!  I'm sharing a couple more cards made with the ODBD Oct. release!  This time I'm focusing on the new Christmas Note set.  The image and sentiment are both from this set.  I stamped them with memento ink and colored with Copics.  The paper is from the Christmas Paper Collection 2013.  I cut my rectangles with the Double Stitched Rectangle dies, and the holly leaves and pine boughs are die cut from the Lovely Leaves set.  I added white water color splatter, then Stickles to give a little glitter to my snow.  I also added it to the leaves.  I added crystal "berries" and made a tiny cross over the letter "t" in the sentiment. 

The second card also features the Christmas Note set, as well as the new Merry Christmas Border.  I again stamped with Memento ink and colored with Copics but kept a "cleaner" look by not sponging the edges or splattering the white paint as I did above.  I cut the image with the Vintage Labels dies, and matted with the Vintage Borders.   I created the mat for my image by die cutting four corners from the Fancy Ornament die set from a past release. I adhered them on a white embossed panel that was cut with the Pierced Rectangle dies.  I adhered the Merry Christmas Border at the bottom of my card, and adhered the image panel raised up above the fold to make a "tent topper" card.

Thank you so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cars Grace - I love the detailing of the cross on the sentiment on the first card!
Blessings and prayers
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are absolutely stunning, Grace!! I love the coloring both but adore the added snow touches to the first with all the holly. Gorgeous my friend!! Hope you had a great day today. I was thinking of you...only a few more weeks to go!!
hugs,
Chris

Jerri Jimenez said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Grace, just stunning! The designer paper on the first card is gorgeous, together with the holly and fir cutouts, just love the traditional card. The second card is just as pretty with the snowflakes, very festive. Hugs!!!

Susan Lankford said...

What beautifully decorated cards, Grace! So rich and festive!

Jan D. said...

All of your cards are so pretty, but your second card has given me several new ideas for using frames and borders, as well as word dies. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and ideas.