Monday, December 12, 2016

A Pennant-ful Package


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!

Today I'm sharing a Christmas package I'm sending in the mail shortly, and how I decorated it.  I used plain craft colored wrapping paper, and simple twine which I wrapped around the package twice.  Then I cut a bunch of pennants from the new ODBD Dec. release, as well as a few stars from a past release.  I adhered them all with foam tape for a popped up effect.  The sentiment in the middle is stamped with Real Red ink and I cut the pennant die so that the top did not go through the cutting machine, and then I reversed a die on a fold line so I could have a folded tag and my greeting is written inside that tag.  The green star is stamped with Gumball Green ink.


While I might not do this for just any package... for a special one I think it says "I love you enough to do this"!  Yes, it does take a little time but I think the result is worth it.  Hope you enjoyed it as well!

Blessings to you.
 
 

5 comments:

Traci M said...

Hi dear Grace!! I can't believe how long it's been since I've commented here...I rarely use my laptop anymore, and the IPad is not the best device for leaving comments. I've thought about you so often and praying you are feeling somewhat recovered since your treatment ended in November. This is a darling idea...I can see how it would take a lot of time, but it sure is festive and would make for such a special gift in the mail. I hope the Post Office or whomever handles it uses special care as well! Hugs and blessings, Traci

Conniecrafter said...

pretty way to decorate the package!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty package Grace - it certainly does say 'I love you'
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Grace, what a beautiful package, and I love the lovely pennants! What a special gift with the beautiful DP and wonderful sentiments and starts! It's so wonderful to see you more, and I love the holiday blag banner! Hugs, sweet friend, and wishes for a blessed and joyous Christmas! This one should be far more joyous for you all! Love you dearly! xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice idea and I'm sure it was appreciated by the recipient!