Monday, December 5, 2016

Handle With Prayer


Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a new fold that I'll call a side easel.  I first saw a picture of one like this on Pinterest but there were no instructions with it and so I set out to figure it out.  I did not take photos as I was making this but if there is interest enough, I can try to do a tutorial after the first of the year. It was very simple, especially if you have made a regular easel card before.  Basically all you do is create your easel the size you want it, and cut away the top half of a folded card to leave only a top fold over piece the size and location that you want your easel to be.  Fold that piece in half (so the top folds downward when open) and then cut a top panel to adhere to this folded piece.  Voila!  A side easel! (The image below should help you visualize a top fold card with everything cut away except the easel base itself).   If you have not made an easel card before there are tons of tutorials on line that you can search for on Google and then I think you'll understand my description.  As I said... if there is enough interest in this, I will try to do a tutorial after the first of the year when I have more time to put it together.

The ODBD products I used today are the newly released Handle With Prayer stamp set, the matching Praying Hands Die, the new Praying Border Die, the new Deco Border Die, and the Fillagree Frames Dies and Blushing Rose Paper Collection


The card is embellished only with a few half pearls.  The image is colored with Copics and cut with the matching Praying Hands Die.  It folds flat and is very mailable!  We like that!!! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I love knowing you were here, and I hope you are enjoying this special time of the year when we celebrate our Savior's birth! 

Hugs,

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

this is beautiful Grace - love your colours, and I think I may be able to work out the fold from the profile picture.
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is beautiful, and I love the idea of this (what looks to me as) easier easel card. It's a beautiful way to display something lovely like this, and I love the "praying" die across the front with the new border die. Brilliant, sweet friend, and this will certainly encourage and bless the recipient! It's so nice to see you making beautiful cards again more regularly! Hugs and love, precious friend!

Traci M said...

Grace, it is so nice to see your card creations again!! This is so pretty, and what a wonderful way to use the Praying Hands...I have those in a much older ODBD set and love the way you used them here. What a creative fold card, you do those so well!!

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful card! and I like that fold! So Unique!