Saturday, April 25, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge


Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! We are enjoying fantastic weather here in NC... in fact it's down right hot! We are doing some yard work so I'm sure tonight I'll be moaning with pain, but it's so good to have this great weather to get things done!
Today's card was actually made last night. I made this for the Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge. Linda instructed us to use Barely Banana, Baja Breeze and Green Galore, with white as an optional neutral. I guess I'm funny but I love the yellow and blue together... and I love the yellow and green together, but working in the bold bright green with the other two wasn't that easy for me. I was tempted to just color my leaves with the green... but in the spirit of a true challenge, a did use one matting layer in Green Galore, and I sponged my sentiment panel with it... so a pat on the back for using a color I'm not fond of! LOL!
Anyway... here is what I did: I used two Clear Dollar Sets. My flowers are the "April Flower of the Month" set, and my sentiment is from "In God's Hands".
In case you can't read it, it says" When we put our cares in His hands, He puts His peace in our hearts". Isn't that a GREAT sentiment... and so true! I love the wonderful Scriptures and verses that CDS have... I have several sets but most of my sets are just sentiments so these challenges are sometimes difficult. This time, the Daisies were a no brainer for me! I stamped them onto Georgia Pacific White, colored them with Prisma Pencils and blended with blending stumps and Odor Free Mineral Spirits. I then cut them out leaving just a tad around the outline, and colored that with my Copic Marker B10.
My layers are: a base of Baja Breeze, yellow gingham from Making Memories, the QuiKutz label with one mat of Baja Breeze and One of Green Galore, and the sentiment on GPW. I added a small layer of GPW which I had punched with my Martha Stewart edge punch and slipped that behind a SU! Baja Breeze ribbon. I also tied a little white ribbon around my daisy bouquet.
It's a simple layout today, but fresh and springlike... and I like how it came out. Hope you do too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! God bless your day!
EDIT: Yippee! This card was chosen by Linda Borneman, the challenge hostess to be featured on her blog here
Thank you Linda... what an honor!!!

21 comments:

Dell said...

Oh I love this bright, cheery card! What a great design and coloring! This screams spring!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.x

Cassie said...

What a gorgeous card, Grace! Love all the details ;D

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Grace:
Just one more beautiful card. Your talents are incredible. I just love the things you create through God.
God Bless.
Hugs : )
Dottie

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Grace...I love the challenge colors and the daisy stamp goes so well with the color combo!!! I am sending you a big pat on the back for getting all those colors on your card!!!! I haven't had a chance to make a card for the challenge...I started working in the yard this afternoon and couldn't stop!! I guess we both will be sore tomorrow!!

Mary said...

So pretty and springy! This weekend we seem to have gone right from winter to summer so I am hoping some nice spring weather comes back :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty, I have this stamp too but haven't used it yet. I would have struggled with adding the green, but it looks great here.

Rosietoes said...

Love this one Grace. Your blog is a constant source of encouragement and comfort. Thank you. :)

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty Grace. These are colors I rarely use. I love the way they look together. Are you going to do the other challenge they have. I started a card today. Not sure I will get it done. Hope your yard work went well. I am stepping over SNAKES in mine. They have a fishing tournament on Lake Norman today. Lots of boats out here today. TTYS

Lisa Lara said...

Grace, glad your shoulder did not keep you from playing. I just love your black kitty with his green eyes watching me as I post. hee hee. Your card is so beautiful and uplifting. I love the shape for your main image. Love the colors and border punch. Just lovely.

Kay said...

Such a bright, cheerful card... it couldn't help but lift the spirits of the recipient.

The Mama Monkey said...

I am jealous of all you girls that can cut out images so well! This is fabulous! Love the colors and the lattice punch is just perfect on this!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Great colors together and your design is lovely, Grace! So very pretty!
Hugs!

Crystal said...

Grace , I love the colors on this card ... just beautiful ! I have something for YOU on my blog !

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Grace:
Jump on over to my Blog there is something special there for you.
Hope you like it .
Hugs:
Dottie

http://holidayfloralpieces.blogspot.com/

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I love the sentiment and oh how true it is!
blessings,
Chris

Becky said...

This is beautiful, and the colors blend so nicely .

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica

laos348 said...

You did such a wonderful job with the challenge - such a pretty card.

Kim said...

Such a bright, cheery card!

Tricia T said...

Your card is beautiful and a blessing, which is even better. TFS!