Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter to you all!



Hello everyone! I didn't get to stamp today but I thought since I'm going to be gone for a little over a week, I'd show you a couple of Easter cards I made with the new Verve set that I won. It's called Everlasting Life and I just have loved using it! I have already used it 'til it looks old!!! Anyway... here are a couple cards I made and mailed out.
I started out making everyone a different card... but after about the first 8 I decided I needed to streamline the process. The clean and simple card on the left is the one I settled on for a quick finish. I stamped the sentiment right on the card and only layered the oval nesties for the cross image. Inside both cards I stamped the words to John 3:16, which is also a part of this set. It was just perfect for my Easter cards. The card on the right is just a little "more" but very similar. I used three layers for the oval, and three for the sentiment panel. The dp I used on both cards is from Papertrey. The solid green is also Papertrey "Spring Moss", as is the ribbon.
I wish I had taken pictures of the first eight but I was in such a rush to mail them as they were going out of the country, that I forgot to photograph them. Oh well... next time, right?
I will be missing in action next week. My kids are coming tonight and we'll be busy, and then I go back with them Sun. afternoon for the week to help them with phase 2 of their move... getting out of storage and into their home! I'm so happy for them to have this behind them. It's been a long hard process, but they are just about home now. I look forward to catching up with everyone when I get back!
I hope you all have a blessed Easter and I hope you will find some time to thank the Lord Jesus for what He did for us! His love for us in unmeasureable! Rejoice!!!

15 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

These are so pretty, I love that cross. have fun with your kids!

Riet said...

what a gorgeous cards Grace.

hugs Riet.x

kat9 said...

Happy Easter to you as well. Wonderful cards. I like the one with the embossing the best.

Kim said...

Happy Easter, Grace. Your cards are both really nice. I like the clean and simple card, but I love how you layered the oval on the other one. Very pretty cards. Enjoy your time with your kids and don't work too hard.

JazzyH said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards...may you have a blessed Easter rejoicing on Easter Day that He is not dead but has risen!

Joyce in Northern Ireland

peggysue said...

If I would read more carefully the first time, then I would see you said you stamped John 3:16 on the INside . . .next time I'll wear my x-ray glasses. :) I kept looking for the verse . . ah me. Very pretty! I like them both!

laos348 said...

You are ambitious to make all different ones! I usually pick one design and thats what everyone gets! These cards came out lovely - you did a great job with the set. Hope you have a great week.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace, your cards are fabulous and capture Easter.....I love it that Jesus is no longer on the cross - and that is why we celebrate!!! God bless you as you help your family move - you are a good Mum Grace!!!! Happy Easter to you my Twisted Sister!!!Lovely Linda

Diane Noble said...

This are just beautiful, Grace! So elegantly tasteful. Love that cross image. I'll be praying for you while your traveling. Let me know when you get back. Know you'll be working, but I'm certainly you will relish your labor of love. What a blessing you will be to your daughter and family. Take care...prayers are with you.

Kay said...

Happy Easter right back at you! Such elegant cards - I always enjoy visiting your blog :)

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so beautiful! I love the image itself, too!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Grace with your Family. You (and your creations) will be missed.

Happy Easter and safe travels.

Holly said...

These are both so beautiful - but isn't it wonderful how you can "dress it up" or keep it CAS. Fabulous job!

Rachel said...

I have this set, but have not inked it... Your beautiful art has inspired me!!! :)