Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh for Two More Hands!



Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a great Friday and are looking forward to the great weather we are having here in NC! The eighty's for the next few days sounds great to me!!!


This card was made for a weekly challenge that a few friends do each week over on SCS. We were to make a coffee themed card, use pink and brown, punches, brads and doodling.


When Dawn and I met for coffee and a trip to our LSS a couple of weeks ago, I had this stamp in my hand and put it down because I just couldn't spend any more money... and that unknown to Dawn... she bought it! In my Easter card were several of these stamped images for me! I was so excited... I just had to use it for today's challenge! Thanks so much Dawn!


I used my new nesties for this... love them!!! I colored the image with a combination of Copics and Prisma Pencils because I still don't seem to have the perfect colors of Copics..... it's a collection in progress! After coloring the image I used Diamond Glaze on the mugs to give them a shine. I sponged Close to Cocoa around just about everything. I also used my Stardust Clear Glitter Gel Pen to doodle the coffee wafts, bunny eyes and buttons. I think if you click on the photo to enlarge it you might see the glaze that you can't see in the regular size.


My sentiment is computer generated. These were the first words that came to my mind when I saw this image! I mean two cups is a given for me.... the real question is how many more will it take to get me cranking! LOL! I just know if I had two more hands they'd both be filled with more coffee!!! I used my punches to punch and layer the sentiment. My doodling is the stitching on the pajama top and the polka dots on the bottoms. This was done with a Chocolate Chip Marker.


Here are the materials I used:

Papertrey Chocolate CS as base

SU! Regal Rose matting, sponged with Close to Cocoa

BasicGrey Blush DP

Diamond Glaze

SU! Ribbons

Stardust Clear Glitter Gel Pen

Copics and Prisma Pencils in colors shown, blender stumps, Goo Gone to blend
Just a final note.... I took my photo before I added some "ground" under her feet, and a little halo around her but I just don't have time this morning to take and edit more pics. Maybe later I'll be able to change it out but for now... this will have to do. I think I met all the requirements of the challenge and I hope it brought a smile to your face this morning!
Have a fabulous weekend and take some time to thank God for all He's done for you!

19 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Hee hee Oh this is adorable! Very nice of Dawn to send you images. Great layout and I like the colors Grace. Just adorable.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Good Morning Grace:
Your Card is just too cute, The colors are wonderful. I like the pink and brown.This is a Very cute card. Have a Wonderful Weekend.

Hugs :)
♥♥♥
Dottie

Becky said...

This card and image is just tooo cute, I love him, and love the colors you used here.

peggysue said...

What a cute little stamp! And thanks for sharing the colors you selected, that always is a big help. Enjoy the weather!

Jacquel said...

This is such a cute card! I love your coloring and the adorable image...tfs!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sabrina Jackson said...

That is too funny, Grace!!! Looks just like me in the morning trying to get my caffein in :D:D:D:D!!!! Those Nesties are my favorite too. It is so much fun playing with them. I also love the colors you've used!!! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the weather. It has been in the upper 90's here all week and they forecasted the 80's for this weekend, a little relief, ahhhhhhh!!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable Grace. I love the image don't you? LOL. I was trying to decide if he is a she or a he. YKWIM. I am so glad we both go to enjoy this set. Super job.

Unknown said...

Grace, I totally relate to your cute card--I'm in my bunny slippers, juggling and needing many more hands each day! Love the design. Thanks for your email you recently sent to me with such nice comments! God is with you!

Bev said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the sweet image which is coloured so beautifully x

Crystal said...

I just love this image! The colors are so wonderful, cute card!

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh that is just so great, I haven't seen that image before, I love it! Wonderful card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Such an adorable card - Grace!!! Your coloring looks awesome and so does your new nesties :)!!!

Stephanie said...

ah...Changito...my favorite monkey!! Love his polka dot pj bottoms :) The background (stamped or DP?) is fabulous, Grace!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fun card, I love how you used the negative space of you nesties here! BR-T

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fun card, I love how you used the negative space of you nesties here! BR-T

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fun card, I love how you used the negative space of you nesties here! BR-T

Diane Noble said...

This is so cute, Grace, and what's funny is that the last time I was in a LSS, I had that stamp in my hand and put it back!! So definitely, it brought a smile to my face!

JazzyH said...

I love the image. Great coloring and shadowing.