Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Green Tea Sketch


Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good day where you are! I have been busy baking today for a Church fundraiser the youth are doing for a mission trip. I needed to take that to Church tonight so that came first. With that done I finally could start playing with my stamps!
Today the challenge on SCS was a sketch challenge, one of my most favorite challenges! I knew as soon as I saw the slanted panel that I would put a sentiment or verse in that panel. I decided on my Clear Dollar set "In God's Hands". The sentiment, in case you can't read it says: "He who kneels before God can stand before anyone."
How true! I love the font on this set! It's so elegant and stamps perfectly!
I used SU! Green Tea DP for this card. Cut the layers and mounted on GP White. I added a Baja Breeze ribbon which is virtually hidden now. Then I cut my sentiment panel out three times with my QuicKutz Die Cut and my cuttlebug. The die cut has the main panel and two tiny borders around it so I took one Baja Breeze border and one Old Olive layer and matted the pane. I sponged lightly in BB around the edges and mounted that. Then I used the Sizzix Leaf Die Cut from SU! and cut two clusters of leaves. I used my embossing stylus to draw in vein lines, then sponged OO onto the leaves to try to pick up a little elevation from the veins. I think that really helped a lot. Sharon Johnson on Stamp Simply has some of the greatest ideas! Check out her blog in my right side bar for inspiration some time. She had recently suggested cutting out your designer paper instead of stamping. So today I tried that. While it was pretty I again felt it was too flat so I sponged around the outside edges and the very centers of the flowers with BB. I highlighted the stamens with my Signo white gel pen. I'm thinking I still need to do a little more to make these pop but for now this is going to have to do. I mounted the flowers on dimensionals and that helps give that dimension it needs.
So all told... this was a quickie project. Hope you like it!
It is raining here again!!! Last night on the news they said we only had 7 sunny days in March here in NC. No wonder I am so ready for the sun! We do need rain, so I'm not complaining, and the grass is really green now... the trees are just bursting at the seams to leaf out... so it's just around the corner... I can't wait!

11 comments:

Riet said...

wowww Grace,what a beautiful card ,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Grace, this is so beautiful!!! Everything is just perfect!!!! Love what you did with the flowers, instead of coloring them using DP. Way to go. Gotta try that :D. The tag is wonderful. Hugs, Sabrina

Saved By Grace said...

I love the sentiment, I'm going to have to check out that stamp set...I love your layout and coloring...

peggysue said...

That's so pretty! That Green Tea paper is lovely. I think perhaps for your next card you should create sunshine in your craft room.

Holly said...

Grace, this is a gorgeous card! I'm in love with that DSP! And those flowers on the right are too beautiful! Sooooo lovely!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty Grace. I love the dp. I heard that same thing on the news tonight. I hope you and Christy had tons of fun today. Hugs. See you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

this is absolutely beautiful! i love the color combination and absolutely love the sentiment!

laos348 said...

This is a really pretty card. I like the shape you chose for the sentiment block and those papers are just gorgeous. I really like the soothing color combo.

Stacy Morgan said...

I saw this on SCS and thought it was wonderful and still do! The colors are soothing and the framing for the sentiment is perfect.

Diane Noble said...

Everything about this one is just beautiful. Love the colors, layout, and the sentiment. How true! This is just exceptional. You continue to amaze me with your creativity. You go, girl! We're havin' a blast just watchin' you work away!