Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet Little Lauren

Scrapbook-pg-1Lauren

Today I'm sharing a 12 x 12 scrapbook page I made of my granddaughter Lauren. She's so precious! With material like this, how can you go wrong? LOL!

If you have not heard, Our Daily Bread designs has started a brand new Scrapbook Challenge! Patter Cross and Chris Dickinson are inspiring us every Tuesday with a new "take" on the month's challenge, and encouraging those of us who have been doing mainly cards (like myself) to take the leap into scrapbooking! Just take a look at how beautifully your ODBD stamps work for Scrapbooking as well as cards!

Well... I am NOT an experienced scrapbooker. I have done a few little chip board books and scripture books but nothing like this before. So when Patter came up with this month's sketch, I knew I had to try it and you know what? I absolutely loved doing this! I now have great aspirations to keep going at this!

Here is this month's challenge: A Sketch by Patter Cross



My page is 12 x 12. I started with an Anna Griffin dp for my base. I used different patterns from Daisyd's for my matting of my image. I also used ADT Pastel Textured card stock and used GPWhite to punch out borders with a Martha Stewart around the page punch. I used a Spellbinders Grand Label 1 (which I cut with my new Grand Calibur) for the middle mat. Let me just repeat here that using the Grand Calibur has been such a joy, and when you now can cut these large dies with it.... well, it's like stampers heaven! The greenery is Spellbinders On The Vine Border (also cut with the Grand Caliber) and sponged with Distress Ink in Bundled Sage.

The stamp sets I used are Our Daily Bread designs "The Lord has Risen", "God Loves You" (embossed in white the phrase I am so thankful for you), "Don't Worry" and "Butterfly Single". I colored everything with Copics and cut out the flowers and butterflies. The ribbon and lace is May Arts, the pearls are ZVA Creative. I added Stickles to the flowers and some bling to the butterflies. For the little tag I cut the word "sweet" from my Sweet Stack pad with a Spellbinders Label 6 #1 die.

So now it's YOUR turn! Come join the fun! The challenge runs until the 31st! Be sure to link your entry to the first challenge post of the month here, and there is a $25.00 credit to the ODBD Store up for grabs! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew - new beginnings
Top Tip Tuesday - All Sentimental
Quirky Crafts - In the Spring Garden
2 Sisters - flowers
Crafty Calendar - New Beginnings
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - anything goes
Daring Cardmakers - 1 image, 2 ribbons, 3 papers
Delicious Doodles - any 3 colours (plus skintone) - pinks, greens, lavendar
Raise The Bar - use a child image
Stamp Something - anything goes (using a rubber stamp)
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - pink, green
Paper Play – cutie patootie
Pixie Dust Studio - create or use a tag on your project

Thanks so much for stopping by and for making my day with your lovely comments!

28 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Grace, your page is SO beautiful! I love all of the embellishments and goodies on your page. It is exquisite! Thank you SO much for playing along with me this week. This is definitely GORGEOUS inspiration for everyone! Blessings,

America said...

wow- what a gorgeous PAGE!!! i love this layout. (I always have such a hard time completing an entire scrapbook page) Youve inspired me. I love this!

th4eachday said...

Beautiful page!

Crystal said...

Good Morning Grace, WOW this is sooo beautiful, LOVE the pretty papers and Lauren is just SOOOOOO sweet absolutely darling pic sweetie!!! You did such an AWESOME job with this sketch!!! LOVE your page!!! Gorgeous work!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Karen W said...

This is so precious, she's adorable and the page is perfect for this.

Carla S. said...

What a gorgeous page, Grace! Little Lauren is as precious as can be! I love the beautiful colors, papers and embellishments you used!

Unknown said...

Грейс, страничка очень красивая!!!! Девчушка такая милая)))!!!!

Becky said...

OH My Word Grace, this is just stunning! What a fabulous photo and gorgeous design. I have never done scrape booking, but after looking at this I want to do them :). But then I would just copy yours, because I could not come up with anything as beautiful. :)
Hugs.

Susan Tatiana said...

It`s wonderfull your LO... I loved it... Congratulations...
Kisses from Su...

Lynda said...

What a stunning layout. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! Wow! and Wow again!! I adore this layout dear Grace!! I want to be like you when I grow up!! The details, pink, picture of Lauren are all so gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring of all those images and stunning punchwork too!! You rock gf!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

WOW this is gorgeous page, thank you playing along with DD this week
hugs
Ildiko

PS is there any chance you can take off the word varification, just change it into blog owner aproval,pls pls pretty

Lovely Linda said...

Wowsers Grace - this is juts gorgeous! I love the ODBD you have used and the gorgeous colours! The punched borders are perfect! Love to see you scrapbooking Grace - you are a natural!! Your DGD is adorable! Thanks for sharing! You have inspired me! {{{hugs}}}

Tammy said...

This page is just stunning...I love the papers and the image is just to cute for words....Have to check into the daisy d thing you have...Haha...cute stuff.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
smiles...always,Tammy

ChristineCreations said...

A stunning page Grace! Beautiful patterns and colors and texture....and she's just precious too!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Grace! She is PRECIOUS!!! Hard to even look at the page when she is such a distraction! Yet once again, stunning product from you!

Kathy said...

What a lovely LO this is
Thank you for sharing with The Daring Cardmakers.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous child and a very stunning page. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Really lovely layout you have chosen for Photo, the papers are lovely! Perfect excuse for the Top Tip Challenge to have seen some jornaling on your page too, always lovely to see written what the photo is about :0) but lovely simple sentiment too, thanks for joining us on Top tip Tuesday this time, Hugs Samantha :0)

PS would appreciate you turning off word Verification too! :0)

Anonymous said...

Absoloutely gorgeous.The stamps and the lacey borders work so well.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Caroljenks said...

Grace this is gorgeous - that lacey edging is amazing!

Thanks for joining in with us this week for our 'All Sentimental' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Unknown said...

This is lovely! So much work for a page...I do much more CAS pages, but always admire pages like this. Thanks for playin at Raise the Bar!

Myzdamena said...

Fabulous page! So gorgeous!

xxx

Chrissy D said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Grace! I would have NEVER known this was your first scrapbook page. It is STUNNING!

Traci S. said...

Grace your page is amazingly beautiful and looks so delicate. Lauren is beautiful and makes a wonderful model for one of your first large pages?!! THAT is amazing!

You are a natural! That is for sure! Amazing!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my word, this page is so absolutely. I love all of the little details you have added and your granddaughter......she is so beautiful!! This amazing page needs to be framed!! Hugs my frind, Sabrina

Lisa said...

Hi Grace, Wow this is beautiful! I love the papers and gorgeous embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x

Spyder said...

What a beautiful scrap book page, thank you for joining in with Quirky Craft's Challenge this time round, don't forget to come back on Friday and vote for your 3 favourites and get your blogging buddies to vote for you too
((lyn)