Sunday, January 9, 2011

Under His Wings

Under-His-Wings-us

Hello everyone! It's time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! Yay! We all enjoyed our break and hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well, but now we are back and ready to be challenged again! This week, our challenge hostess is my dear friend and DT sister, Chris Olsen. She has chosen Ruth 2:12 for this week's Scripture!

"May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

Chris is challenging us to use wings on our card or project.

What a great challenge for the first one of 2011! I love the book of Ruth for many reasons. Ruth is truly a picture of unselfish devotion and love. Ruth was a Moabite woman and after the death of her husband was willing to leave her family, country, and even the idols of Moabite worship out of loyalty to her mother in law and to the God of Israel. She told Naomi that wherever Naomi went, she would go; that Naomi's people would become her own people... and that Naomi's God would become her own God. I love reading how the Lord protected Ruth and rewarded her as well! When you think of protection and safety... what do you think of? I love the word picture here...that God would gather Ruth under His wings, offering her the protection He gives to His own people much as a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings and protects them from danger. Do you feel like there are storms raging around you? Do you long for safety? Well God offers that protection to His children! If you don't know Him personally, I urge you to come to Him as your Savior and Lord, and He will give you that protection. There is no safer place to be than sheltered by the Almighty!

My project today was inspired by the Tissue Box I posted Thursday (one post down). I altered an acrylic tissue box with spring/summery images and verses that speak to my heart. I shared that I was starting to make panels for a winter and fall version of it, since it's easy to change out the panels. This is the first panel for a more wintertime cover. Please scroll down one post to see the full box in it's spring version. As you can see... when you insert the panel, you really don't have room for ribbons and bows, but you can still fit in a few layers!

Under-His-Wings-tissue-box

I used Our Daily Bread designs "Sing to the Lord" set for my image and verse. I love this verse too.... if God cares for the birds of the air...how much more can we be sure He will care for us, for we are precious to Him! My base is Gina K, as is the white card stock. I stamped with Memento and colored with Copics. I used Spellbinders Lacey Squares (I cut 2 and overlapped to make a rectangle) and Labels Ten, cutting them out with my new Grand Calibur! (Oh I love this machine! It cuts and embosses like a dream and so smooth and quiet!) To mat my verse I cut another Label 10, cut it in half and just slightly extended it over the ends for a shadow effect instead of using the next bigger size, as that was quite a bit bigger.

Our Sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp!
We want to thank them for their continued support and generosity!

For full details on the challenge and the prize please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge Blog!
For more inspiration on this challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Catch The Bug - anything goes
Craft Your Days Away (2 weeks) - anything goes
Crafty Emma - all creatures great and small
Our Creative Corner - inspirational photo
Our Daily Bread Designs - something old, something new (older stamp set, new acrylic tissue box)
Sweet Stampin - try something different (altered tissue box)
Delicious Doodles - try something new or use something new (tissue box)
Scrapbook Sisters - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - use some old stash (dp)
Rainbow Lady's - something new (acrylic tissue box)
Sassy Studio Designs - use something new
Southern Girls - anything goes
Stampin' B's - use an old favourite and something new (old favorite stamp, new tissue box)
Creative Cottage - something new
Fab 'n' Funky - anything goes
My Time To Craft -Up In The Air
Sentimental Sunday - Something with wings

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have not entered my Blog Candy Drawing, please do so HERE! Have a blessed week!


48 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Grace!! I just love your bright cardinal against that beautiful pinecone dp!! I need to make one of those tissue boxes now too!

You and I were on the same track with the passage. Your words are so insightful and true.

Happy Sunday! TTYS!!

hugs,
Chris

Rainbow Lady said...

Wonderful Grace. Love everything about it. We have Cardinals in our garden in Bermuda. Love your cat too lol Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Grace! I love the background paper and the beautiful cardinal! Wonderful verse!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hey girl....I did not notice ODBD in your list of challenges. You know how much I appreciate your support. Just love you and your creation. Thanks for joining ODBD's Shining the Light challenge!
hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

Awesome - not surprising! You are so talented and I love everything you do! I will have to find one of those tissue boxes - or maybe more than 1. Fantastic!

patriziawithaz said...

A beautiful card in more ways that one Grace x A pleasure to visit your Blog and see your creations. Thank you for sharing with us at MTTCC this week - come and visit us again soon x

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful, I love the image. Thanks for joining us at the CES & Sweet Stampin Challenges!
Clairexx

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace, just stunning. You are so right Grace, there is nothing like being under the wings of Christ.

Karen W said...

This is so pretty, I don't have that set and I think I need it!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous, just love it hun!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck! Hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

I love cardinals -- and this is so beautiful - just like all your cards. You are such an inspiration and your cards are too. TFS

Judy Tuck

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card - I love your pretty cardinal and the pine cone DP behind it - lovely job and thanks for playing along with the OCC!

Betty Wright said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! You colored the bird so beautifully! Lovely card!

Crystal said...

Grace this bird is soooo beautiful and your coloring is GORGEOUS!! What a wonderful creation sweetie!!! Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

Diane Gilbert said...

Very pretty!!! I love your cardinal and that DP is Gorgeous!Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!!

Unknown said...

A wonderful card Grace, beautifully coloured.

Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our 'Anything Goes' challenge.

Hugs

Joanne x

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
this is a gorgeous card. I love those Cardinal birds. We don't have them here in Australia. you colored him beautifully. Love that design paper with the pine cones. and of course love the scripture.
hugs Maz

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Grace! And what a beautiful image, verse and creation. I always enjoy visiting your blog and am looking forward to many more visits this year.

Dorcas said...

Beautiful card and beautiful scripture to use for a sentiment. :-) Thanks for joining our challenge at SS!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

BEAUTIFUL,Grace! I LOVE the word picture of Under His Wings! It evoked such protection, warmth, and love.
Hugs to you!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely lovely, Grace. The cardinal is so beautifully colored and that DP is gorgeous. And the acrylic tissue box is fabulous too! This is a wonderful entry into the inspiration challenge. So happy that you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Teri said...

Gorgeous project hun, love that image.
Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Jen said...

A gorgeous card, just beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge.
Jen x

Benzi said...

What a gorgeous 'Grace' special. I LOVE birds and your cardinal out among the pinecones is absolutely beautiful. And, such a wonderful verse. It's all beautiful!!!

Thanks for joining the Stampin B's old/new challenge this week.

velta said...

Grace this is just stunning...and I love your story about Ruth...I wonder at times how one can get through troubled times if they have no faith in God...My faith has gotten me through many tough times and in the end, regardless of the outcome, I know that He was right and He has taken care of me. Thanks for sharing :)

Basslady said...

a fabulous card with an awesome image...love this bird-image...so delightful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Regan said...

This is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors you used for the image and the pinecone designer paper is perfect! :)

Sharon said...

What a great card, love the bright colours.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time.
Sharon x

mueppi said...

This is so wonderful, Grace!
I love that image and your colours!
Hugs from germany Gisela

Julie said...

So beautiful! Glad you shared it with as at Southern Girls. Have a great week,Julie.x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, sweet Grace!!! I loved the Spring theme you shared with us the other day on your tissue box, but this Cardinal....WOW....awesome!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge. It is always such a joy to see you support us!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sara said...

Gorgeous, love your papers, thanks for playing along with SSD!

Anonymous said...

I have to stop by your blog at least once a week so I cn be AMAZED by our creations. They are always so beautiful.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. You picked the perfect papers. My cardinals were busy today with all this snow.. Hope to see you on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, your shading and colors brought this bird and card to life.

Blessings, Lori m

Claire said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

Donna Heber said...

This is stunning Grace! Work creativity inspires me so much.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Stunning project. Thanks for sharing with us over at Delicious Doodles this week. x

andrea said...

Beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning!
Thanks for entering it into our challenge at Creative Cottage

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace,

Your words are so true! Ruth is a great example. I love what you wrote, and love what Christ shared on the SSIC site.

This panel doesn't need buttons and bows. Not the way your color so beautifully. And, the bg paper is perfect for this image. This is one of my favorites, too.

I think I colored a whole flock of cardinals for Christmas! lol

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Grace! Great coloring! Thank you for playing with us :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Grace, so elegant :)

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.
Hugs
Tracey
x

Lola said...

Beautiful project and colors...such a unique idea! Thank you for joining us this week at Catch the Bug!

Tammy Miller said...

A pretty card. Lovely colors and cute image. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenge blog for our Emboss it Challenge! Hope you will join us Saturday for our Birthday Blog hop!

Min said...

This is just gorgeous!! Beautiful work!! Thanks so much for playin' along with this weeks Catch The Bug "Emboss It" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
We hope you'll join us tomorrow for our BIG Birthday Blog Hop!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at sweet Stampin this week x

Mel X said...

Aww, such a pretty card.

Thanks for joining us this time at Craft Your Days Away. Good luck.

Mel X