Monday, January 3, 2011

A new birth, a new release, and a new Spellbinders!

Baby-Butterfly-Blessings2
Hello everyone!

If you have not entered my BLOG CANDY, you can do so HERE!

I hope you had a wonderful New Year celebration and that you are off to a wonderful start to 2011! Our family is celebrating a new birth and I'm so excited! My Nephew and his sweet wife had their first baby on New Year's Eve! She is healthy and perfect in every way and we are so excited! My "big" sis is finally a Grandma!!! When I think that my first grandchild is about to turn 13 it just amazes me, so I'm so excited to have a new baby in the family! I made this card for the occasion, to celebrate the birth of Madeline Brielle!

I used this month's Our Daily Bread designs new release Butterfly Single and the Butterfly Embossing mat to create a soft pink baby card. Since a butterfly is a symbol of new birth, I thought it was perfect. I used Our Daily Bread designs Children of God for the sentiment, cutting it with my Spellbinders Mega Oval and Mega Scalloped Oval die cuts. The card base is SU! and the white is Gina K. I embossed the butterflies with my new Grand Caliber (wow!!!) and used the thin embossing pad that comes with the embossing plate from ODBD. I then used a sponge dauber to lightly sponge Ranger Spun Sugar onto the raised parts. The sentiment is also stamped with the same ink. The butterfly is embossed with white on pink vellum, then colored a little on the back with Copics to give more depth of color, and cut out. I added some sheer ribbom and ZVA Creative pearls and done... quick and easy but oh so feminine! I love these new ODBD stamps and am excited at how many different ways to use them there are!

I will be sharing more on the Grand Caliber in a little bit.... but let me just say that Spellbinders has really outdone themselves with this product! It cuts soooo beautifully, and embosses so crisp! The handle is SUPER easy to crank and so quiet!!! When you also can run an entire sheet of paper through cutting several different things at once, you realize what a great tool this is! I'm so thankful I got it!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Crazy4Challenges - Celebrate Something - New Baby
Marks Finest Paper - Use Something New - Embossing Plate and Stamps
Stampin with Dragon - Favourite Winter Colour - White
Fab'n Funky Challenges - Quick and Easy Does It
I Did It Creations - Favourite technique - Embossing
Aly's Sunday Challenge - anything goes
Crafty Hos' - Babies
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes (3 entries) - Something New
Quirky Crafts - New Beginnings
Ellephantastic (Monthly, 1 entry) - New Beginnings
One Stop Craft -New Beginnings
Send A Smile 4 Kids-(2 weeks),Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a blessed week!

51 comments:

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.x

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful card, beautiful name for the beautiful new baby...congratulations on being a Great Aunt!

Happy New Year, wishing you many blessings!
Hugs,
Barb

Jennie said...

Beautiful card Grace! Love the butterfly and the embossing mat is perfect!

Becky said...

Grace, as always, this is stunning. Love this new set by ODB. Thank you for joining Speedy's Friends this week. :)

seamom said...

What a wonderful card to celebrate a new baby! Congratulations to all!

Tamara Morton said...

Congratulations on the new birth and what a beautiful card to share with us over on Ellephantastic.

Hugs
Tamara

Mari K. said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us in the Send A Smile 4 Kids challenge this week.

Tami B. said...

Congrats to your family. This card is absolutely beautiful, (but then again all of your cards I've seen so far are.) The butterfly is fantastic & seeing what you & the other ladies have done with it is making me seriously consider purchasing this stamp.

Jill said...

Just love all those butterflies, gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month again and really hope to see you back for our next challenge. Jill

Marjo said...

Hi Grace,

Your card is gorgalicious! I love the soft color and design. I may have to check into this little machine. The embosiing does look spectacular.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT.

Hugs, Marjo

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.

Love crafts forever said...

This is just gorgeous! Beautiful colours. Thanks for playing at Stampin With The Dragon and OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, I have ordered these and can't wait to get them.

TinaB said...

So beautiful!!! Thank you for playing at Ellephantastic! Hugs Tina (DT)

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS GRACE!!!!! LOVE that butterfly and your gorgeous colors sweetie!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful Love that bfly! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Mickie said...

Cute sweet card and congrats great auntie!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Gorgeous! Love those embossed butterflies!

Thanks for joining us in our Something New challenge for Paper Sundaes!

♥ Lisa

Pati said...

Very pretty! congratulations! My niece had a baby today too! My older sister and her first grandchild too : ) Does that make the baby a grand niece or a great niece or another term? I've been wondering, I know we're "great Aunts". : )

Carla S. said...

Happy New Year, Grace! Congratulations to your nephew and his wife! What a beautiful card for the new baby in the family! I love the soft pink and the beautiful embossed butterflies! See you soon, I hope! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

What a beautiful soft and pretty card Grace! Those pinks are just lovely!

Sherry said...

what a lovely card! congrats on the birth of your new neice!

Sherry said...

what a lovely card! congrats on the birth of your new neice!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty pink card and congratulations on the arrival of your new niece. Can you put a full size sissix die through the Grand Caliber?
Beth

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! That is a beautiful card and sooooo feminine. Today, Jan. 3,
my great granddaughter was born. I just may have to go through some of my stuff and make a feminine card for her. TFS
Jean McGee

Grace said...

Hi Beth... I'm not really sure about the full size Sizzix... you might be able to google the Grand Calibur and find that answer. I'll see if I can find out too! If so I will post it!

WendyP said...

congrats !! and what a gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us with our 1st challenge - anything goes over at
http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/

Dottie said...

What a Beautiful card to celebrate a New Baby! Congratulations to all!
as you know I am a follower and I will post your candy on Facebook I will also try and post it on my blog as well I would love to win this with me now doing card making .
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

http://somethingcraftybydottie.blogspot.com/

Sharon Huffman said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous card! I love, love, LOVE the butterfly embossing folder... WOW!!! I didn't know anyone made anything like that. It takes my breath away, well that and the awesome song playing on your page. Phew... must close my eyes and praise God!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Erum Tasneem said...

absolutely gorgeous card!!! brilliant!

velta said...

Oh my goodness Grace this is outstanding...you have made me want to order that Grand Calibur (sp?) and the butterflies...heck all of it!!! Thank you for sharing...even though you are enabling to spend more $$$. Love your blog...love your creativity...and oh, did I mention your inspiration?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I love the soft pink and your use of the butterfly embossing folder!! Gorgeous baby card my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Jeanette said...

This is so lovely. Happy New Year from I Did It Creations.

Dawn B. said...

Congratulations..How exciting that the baby was born on NYE.. What a way to welcome in the new year. This card is beautiful.. Sadly my machine is still sitting in the box..Great card Grace.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. I love the butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hug,
Beth

Virgo5 said...

Wow, such a beautiful baby card!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Helen Laurence said...

very pretty & pink! Thank for joining us at Ellephantastic this month. Good luck! Helen & Elle DT x x

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge blog. I love your card it's beautiful! The butterfly is gorgeous. Sharon DT Send a Smile 4 Kids.

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Wow, this is very pretty! I love the embossed background and the ribbon & Butterfly are gorgeous! Congratulations on the new addition! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace,

Congratulations on the birth of this precious one. Your card is beautiful, and I am sure it will be saved as a keepsake forever. It is wonderful. What a great way to start the New Year.

One of your cards is the "Card of the Week" on the He IS Able blog!
Your blog candy is mentioned there also. Just so you know! ;)

Congratulations, again. Blessings!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT - our new challenge starts on Sunday - hope you'll play again
Hugs,
Debbie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.Love all the pretty details.Congratulations too.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

Lawren said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at AiFactory.

Lawren - DT

Helen Dooley said...

oh my Grace this is beautiful!

Suzi Mac said...

This is a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week.
Hugs
Suzi xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Grace this is awesome that embossing the beautiful butterfly this looks superb thank you for sharing it with us at One Stop Crafts this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Only By His Grace said...

This is adorable Grace. So perfect for a new baby. It is very delicate and soft.
Hugs Maz

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful card Grace! Thanks for joining our first challenge of the year and hope to see you again next month!
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
xxx

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful card, love the embossed butterflies!