Thursday, January 13, 2011

All creatrues, great and small... the Lord God made them all!

Welcome-Baby-Noahs-Ark

Hello everyone! It is time for ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge(SNTODBD26)! The assignment is Our Daily Bread Design stamps. Sarah Nelson is our challenge hostess this rotation. Sarah Nelson is challenging us to "All Creatures Great and Small!" All creatures great and small work for this challenge. So, without too much direction, we want you to interpret it the way you want. We look forward to seeing what you create using ODBD stamps!

For my card, I used the ODBD set Noah's Ark. I stamped with Archival Sepia Ink and colored with Prisma Pencils and Odor Free Mineral Spirits. The base is Papertrey Dark Chocolate. The designer paper is The Paper Studio Mirabella Collection. I used Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame and Fancy Tags, and a MS edge punch for the lower green edge. I used TH Distress Ink in Pumice Stone to sponge around the image. I added some "white caps" to my water with a Galaxy Broad Point Marker in Milky White. The pearls are Recollections. Card is 5.5" square.

We can't wait to see your submissions! Check out the Our Daily Bread designs Blog for all the details of the challenge and prize, and to link your card to the post! When uploading to on line galleries please be sure to use the key word SNTODBD26!

To see more inspiration, please visit my DT sisters who have played along this week:
Randi, Angie, Chrissy, Fran, Lorelie and Betty and don't miss Sara Nelson, our special guest hostess! Special Thanks to Sara for such a great challenge!

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
Crafty Creations - new beginnings
Fab 'n' Funky - warm, toasty colours
Creative Card Crew (2nd week) - new beginnings
My Time To Craft - chocolate (colour or candy - I used Chocolate cs)Promarker Challenge - baby cards
Crafty Cardmakers - Use red and a die cut
Crazy Challenge (2 entries) - Animals
Cuttlebug Spot - Inspired by a Book (Story of Noah's Ark in the Bible)
Gingerloft (2 weeks) - Celebrations
Quirky Crafts (2 weeks) - New Beginnings
Catch The Bug (3 entries) - anything goes
Crafty Emma - all creatures great and small
One Stop Craft - card for a child
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - new beginnings
Fairy Fun Fridays (2nd week) – new beginnings
Phindy’s Place - distressing (lots of distress inks used)



Thanks so much for stopping by and blessing my day!

26 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Grace, this is so awesome! Your coloring and design are fabulous!!! Fantastic work as usual!!! Love ya, sister!!!

Becky said...

Grace this is just adorable. Wonderful coloring.

Hugs :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, great image & I just love the frame around it!

Thank you for joining us at CES Challenge, Gingerloft & The Crazy this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Chrissy D said...

Girl - I love these layers and the colors - Beautiful coloring and design. Beautiful work!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Grace! Cute, cute card my friend. I hope you are doing well! Have a blessed day, Melisa

Sarah said...

Hi Grace! I love your ark FULL of animals! Your coloring is just divine!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
I just wanted to pop over just posted a new card on my blog so I thought since I was on I wanted to come visit you. Each time I come and visit you just amaze me with the beautiful cards and creations you have done. sorry I have not been around much as you know I just has surgery a week ago so it is slow going.
Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays
~God Bless~
Hugs:o)
Dottie

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is adorable! I love the image and the way you have framed it!! Totally adorable! I am coming back later for a visit through your other posts - wahoo! Thsnks for sharing Grace - you are always creating somethign beautiful! {{{hugs}}}

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic...so detailed! Lovely card and design!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
What a super card. I love the image and it is so appropriate for my State of Queensland in Australia.
Three quarters of the whole state is under water through floods. Such a devastation.
Hugs Maz

Francie G. said...

Fabulous, Grace! So beautifully colored. This image is perfect for this challenge as are all your detials!

Lynda Nielsen said...

Ohhh my goodness, this must have taken forever to color.... What an absolutely beautiful card! I just love the frame around the image, and of course your coloring is just beautiful too. thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place for our Distressing Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Lynda

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Adorable card, Grace! I love how you often use so many various die cuts and edge punches. It adds wonderful design to your cards.

velta said...

The first thing that came out of my mouth when I saw this was "aawwww!!!" So precious Grace :)

karen said...

Wonderful card, love the colour and fab image, thanks for joining us at fab n funky, Karenx

Wendy M said...

Got a little time this morning to pop by and wish you a very Hppy and Siritually Posperous New Year Grace.

Love your new card - the stamp is bril and the way you have framed it and also the wording is perfect :D

Wendy M said...

Oops! Sorry about the typo errors in my previous post - always in a hurry xx

Traci S. said...

I LOVE this card. My son's nursery was done in Noah's Ark theme, and everytime I see anything related to that part of the Bible, I think of that.

This is so beautifully done, Grace! I love the look of the water...and the coloring of each animal...especially the lions! You colored the wood so beautifully. I love the bg papers. I especially appreciate the little piece of brown (I think) on the very bottom...it looks like another wave...very clever! I love the piece of red-sienna colored trim directly around the ark and the vanilla paper. Is that a SpellBinders? Or is it ribbon? I love that piece!

The whole card is wonderful, Grace.
Have a blessed weekend!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Give-away ends at midnight. Please, stop by, Grace!

Sheena said...

A gorgeous baby card! Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

WeirdCat said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the background of the image, and the frame, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Spyder said...

What a fun image, love those animals!
Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Challenge this week, New challenge starts Sunday, but right now it's time to vote for your favourite card and get all your blogging buddies to vote for you!! So hop over to Quirky Craft's! and vote!!

((Lyn))

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! This is absolutely too cute!! Love your coloring and design!! Such a sweet baby card!! Great background and details.
hugs,
Chris

Jenni said...

Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured and love the die cut frame. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week.
Jenni x

Jenni said...

Thanks also for entering the card in the Crafty Creations challenge this week.
Jenni x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card!
Just perfect for our Chocolate Challenge at My Time to Craft and Card for a Child at OSCC!
Chrissie

Mickie said...

Love your ark and animals, I need to dig my stamp out and do this one. Your work is always fabulous. I've been MIA, hubby very sick, please keep him in your prayers.