Monday, July 30, 2012

A masculine card and a sneak peek!


 Hello friends!  I made this card for a dear man at our church who is facing some health struggles, and lots of uncertainty right now.  I wanted to just remind him (although he already knows!) from whence comes our strength and assurance.  So I paired up a past release, Surging Sea and Smooth Sailing with this week's sketch from the  Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD and came up with this card.   The base is Mark's Finest Papers Kraft, the dp is Basic Grey Periphery and K&Co's Blue Awning, and I used some scraps of real red for my papers.  I stamped with Memento and colored with Copics.  The compass was stamped from the Smooth Sailing set, punched out and popped up with a brad in the middle.  The grosgrain ribbon is something I have had in my stash forever, but it seemed to work for this.  The verse said just what I wanted to say... in God's own words, so I knew it would be perfect for my friend.  

As I thought about this wonderful man, I wanted to give a little something else.... perhaps something he can put in his Bible to keep his place as he finds his strength in God's Word.  It so happens that Our Daily Bread design's Aug. release is all about bookmarks!  WooHoo!  I found my "little something"!!!  So this is a sneak peek at just one of MANY fun things coming your way beginning on Wednesday!  I used the same papers and lightly stamped part of the ship/compass image in the background with bordering blue SU! ink, then over-stamped the verse with Black.  I just love this particular bookmark design, as it's just perfect for adding designer paper, and it's great for masculine bookmarks as well.  So.... here is my bookmark using two of the new sets, Bookmarks: Eagles, and Bookmark Verses.  The design of this bookmark and the matching Die Cut made exclusively for ODBD by Spellbinders, makes a "front" part, and a "back" part so that it stays put on your page and doesn't fall out!  Soooo cool!!! 


Here is the set that's in the mail now.  I hope it will be a reminder of the strength and support we have in our Lord and Savior, and we have that strength in good times and bad, in joyous times, but also in the uncertain times.   


I hope you'll be back to see the release on the ODBD Blog on Wed, and will join us for our Blog Hop and LOTS of chances to win!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

 Come and Get It Challenges - Anything BUT a Card 
  Amusing Challenges  Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday- use a Scripture or encouraging sentiment
 Scrappy Frogs -Red, White, Blue
 


27 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card and bookmark, Grace! Both are wonderfully designed and I am sure the recipient will truly appreciate them. Hope you're well! Hugs!

Susan.... said...

Afternoon Grace,
This is a truly wonderful card and bookmark...
The words are so warm and caring and l hope they will provide him with comfort as he takes another
of lifes pathways..l am sure he will be delighted with your gifts..
Hugs
susan x

Dortesjs said...

Gorgeous card

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Mmm, what a beautiful and thoughtful gift, Grace! I love the details of that sailing stamp and the verse is such an encouragement! Lovely and very special!

marion said...

Awesome mens card. Hugs, Marion

Becky said...

Grace, I love this card and the bookmark....and I'm sure the gentleman it is intended for will appreciate your thoughtfulness. You are so sweet, always thinking of others.

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderfully done masculine card, and a bookmark to treasure. Great gifts sure to bring comfort.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Grace! This card is absolutely AMAZING!!! And I just love this bookmark die cut. I had seen it on Chris Olsen's blog as well - LOVE IT! You did an amazing job with these. Thanks so much for sharing them with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday.
Have a great week!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Sillyfilly said...

Grace, this is a beautiful card and bookmark for your friend. I'm sure he will be touched.

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Beautiful card and bookmark!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and bookmark. I like the theme too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Come and Get It Challenge Blog this week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning and beautiful set Grace!! The recipient will love it!! The colors are so vibrant and perfect as is your coloring. Thanks for supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week again. You are the best dear friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Patti J said...

Oh Grace, how beautiful this is! You are so thoughtful, and I know that the man receiving these gifts will be blessed beyond measure. Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is so peaceful - what a stunning image on the card and you have showcased it in such a stunning way. The bookmark is a delight too.
Blessings
Maxine

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace the coloring on this card is incredible!!! What a nice masculine set with the bookmark!!!

Marlena M. said...

Oh, I will have to look for that hop! Your work is so colorful and vibrant~he will be blessed. Thank you, Grace, for sharing your wonderful work at Word Art Wednesday.

Conniecrafter said...

I just bought this set and I just love the inspiration you have given for it, love your coloring, perfect background for it too, terrific book mark idea too!

Anonymous said...

Love the book marker you made here! Inspirational!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great card...very nice details!

greetings, Alie :-)

Chris said...

My first visit to your blog and definately not the last - this is stunning work. I also like your playlist!!

Thanks so much for joining me on Amusing Challenges this week! I hope you'll join us again!

* Shell B.* said...

Grace what beautiful job on both of your projects......love the theme you used!

Thanks for sharing your "Anything but a Card" project with us at Come And Get It Challenge!

Shell~Alaska♥

Wendy Swenne said...

This is so cool! Love it!!!

Terry said...

This inspirational card is absolutely stunning! The stamped shipped and sentiments are perfect and will give a this man a feeling of support and comfort! Very thoughtful! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Hi
This image is coloured to perfection. A stunning card.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Grace!! What a GORGEOUS hunk of masculinity of a card!! (can I say that.lol)...I sure love what you did...its all just perfect right down to the colours, sponging, distressing...and the little sign!!
Hugs

Tonya said...

I love this. The colors are fabulous and I love the details. The image is beautiful.